Re: Jacks having a little dig

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Comical Ali off again.....
    Ad hominem strawman fallacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Ad hominem strawman fallacy.
    Wrong logical fallacy. ;-)

Ad hominem would have sufficed. But good effort.

Comical Ali off again.....
    Again, if you say so ;-)

You don't appear as chilled out as you claimed in a previous post.
    If you say so ;-)

I won't be satisfied until BIS had shared his life story.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Nope - Loya Jirga was assigned to an e-mail address that I no longer have access to. It was easier to set up a new account, nothing more complex than that - unless you're paranoid. As I said, most people worked it out in May/June when I was posting about the Trust. It's now July - so well done you ;-)

Embarrassed about anything? Nope. Maybe you can tell me what I have to be embarrassed about?
    It would have been easier just to have been honest from the start.

At least I know now and can be relieved that it's only you again and can treat your tripe with the contempt it deserves.

As its confirmed now you aren't a City fan I can feel content to just ignore the sad and bollox you keep coming up with.

And that really is ALL it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I won't be satisfied until BIS had shared his life story.
    It would be about as boring as this thread. Although, in Blue Matt style, I can share a story about the time I took a slash in a pub carpark in Hayes one lunchtime - it has little relevance to this thread, but hey that hasn't stopped others has it ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    It would have been easier just to have been honest from the start.

At least I know now and can be relieved that it's only you again and can treat your tripe with the contempt it deserves.

As its confirmed now you aren't a City fan I can feel content to just ignore the sad and bollox you keep coming up with.

And that really is ALL it is.
    How was I possibly being dishonest? It's a new account - report me to the police for fraud :-D

Oh... one last thing - why are Cardiff City skint? :-D

It would be about as boring as this thread. Although, in Blue Matt style, I can share a story about the time I took a slash in a pub carpark in Hayes one lunchtime - it has little relevance to this thread, but hey that hasn't stopped others has it ;-)
    Anecdotal fallacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Anecdotal fallacy.

How was I possibly being dishonest? It's a new account - report me to the police for fraud :-D

Oh... one last thing - why are Cardiff City skint? :-D
    1. Because you started posting under a new name without saying what you previously posted under.

2. Given Tan is writing off all the debt we are in a better position than any other in 40 years financially.
    Far better than when you were Cardiff City's biggest fan .

Doesn't matter to you anyway as you aren't a City fan and even if it did no one would care what you thought as you are irrelevant- and a bit of a knob - a few people I know have stopped supporting the club for various reasons, but each one of them had the dignity to respect the rest of us who chose to continue doing what they had always done.
    Not you though, you want to drag everyone off to the sad little cave you live in.
    That makes you a cock.
    Now I know who you are I've got even less respect for you.
    You must have the most miserable life possible to spend the time you do just trying to bring people down to your level.
    Bye

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    1. Because you started posting under a new name without saying what you previously posted under.

2. Given Tan is writing off all the debt we are in a better position than any other in 40 years financially.
    Far better than when you were Cardiff City's biggest fan .

Doesn't matter to you anyway as you aren't a City fan and even if it did no one would care what you thought as you are irrelevant- and a bit of a knob - a few people I know have stopped supporting the club for various reasons, but each one of them had the dignity to respect the rest of us who chose to continue doing what they had always done.
    Not you though, you want to drag everyone off to the sad little cave you live in.
    That makes you a cock.
    Now I know who you are I've got even less respect for you.
    You must have the most miserable life possible to spend the time you do just trying to bring people down to your level.
    Bye
    Didn't you want me banned for disagreeing with you?

So many insults here, Lawnmower, but so few points made.

I've never called you a cock, a prick nor have I assumed anything about your life.

You're trying to tarnish me to make any argument I make invalid. Fairly pathetic when a grown man can't cope with any opinions that don't match his own. If all you have are personal insults then you need to up your game.

You're still one of the most frequent visitors to my page - you really don't like any opinions that differ from yours. That's been obvious in the many years I have posted here.
    Last edited by Badly Ironed Shirt; 25-07-16 at 19:53.

I used to think he was Roathie but hes not in the same league.
    Roathie would never have tied himself up into such a knot.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    I used to think he was Roathie but hes not in the same league.
    Roathie would never have tied himself up into such a knot.
    Did "Roathie" used to ask you for links too? ;-)

These 3310 winks are starting to freak me out.

I've changed my username once - hardly a huge issue. And that was enforced because the e-mail address I used was old and it was easier to start again.

The posts were there for all to read - however, they have become distorted over time.

Some facts to fight the myths.

1) My first anti-Tan post was made on May 12th.
    2) On May 14th/15th I was blocked by Steve Borley for questioning the red or dead mantra
    3) I DID respond to a TLG thread saying it was all bollocks (May 11th) and, until it turned otherwise, I was treating the story with the same contempt that I treated the F1 story a few years previously, and the LFW wins the lottery story. See - internet hoaxes are quite common, is it unreasonable for me to think at the time that the story was a hoax? Nope.
    4) The issue was never about red shirts for me - it was about the owner playing the fan base and taking advantage of the fanbase. I believe even you accepted that explanation a while back - if Cardiff WERE playing in red/blue/black/pink today but were also paying respect to the fan base, were meeting the various promises (where's the new training ground?) then there is every chance I'd be down there watching them as soon as the season kicks off. The colour change symbolised the contempt that I feel (and I am entitled to an opinion, like it or not) Tan has for you, me, and everyone else as Cardiff City fans. His continued absence from games only accentuates that.

Since I am being likened to "Comical Ali" for actually answering questions truthfully (and admitting I am not perfect), let's put to bed some of the untruths you have posted in this thread - you post them with factual tones and people use these statements to have a go at me for raising questions about the mismanagement of Cardiff City, and the false promises that Tan reneged on and continues to renege on.

"Still supporting them then Jirg". The last Swansea game I went to was at the Liberty in February 2011. I am not a Swansea supporter, but labelling me as one appeals to the masses and kills any potential debate in its tracks.

"Flounced a few weeks ago...Saying you would never sign up". Nope - I said at the time I was moving home, so wouldn't be signing up. I didn't say I would "never" be signing up. But, again you state it as fact.

" but every thread about Swansea you turn into one about Tan, City, the rebrand " - completely exaggerated. There are many Swansea threads I haven't contributed to. This thread was about Cardiff's sensitive fan-base getting upset about the new Swansea owners poking fun of Tan's re-brand. Ergo, it was a thread ABOUT the rebrand. It was a thread ABOUT Tan. It was a thread where it was only natural to mention that Swansea - amongst about 89 other FL clubs (Leeds/MK Dons and Cardiff excluded) - are in a position to poke fun. That's right - if Accrington Stanley had new owners who said the same thing, I'd have posted exactly what I posted here.

"It's all about the attention for jirga". That's purely your opinion. It absolutely isn't the truth though. There are some things that need to stay on the radar for the club and its fans.

"The Jacks have the former despite telling us they'd never being a wealthy mans plaything, they've since become a wealthy mans plaything." - still no links on that claim. Seems there is a habit forming of you making unsubstantiated exaggerations and passing them off in a factual tone. Their fans may have said it - but fans don't sell clubs, owners do. If you have a link where a Swansea owner says they will never become a wealthy man's plaything, I'd be most interested to read it.

You can laugh off the "fallacy" thing all you like. It merely highlights the flaws in your "reasoned" arguing. I had similar personal swipes when I mentioned I packed in the Trust as well - again, the logical fallacies were listed to show that, instead of debating the points I raised in that thread, people preferred to name call. It's fine, I have no problem with it, but I'll defend myself (as I just have), and I'll continue to ask questions of the Cardiff owners when I see fit.

Now, you can take snippets of this post and conjure up another reason to try to poke fun at me - but I believe in the questions I raise, I believe that Tan needs to go, and I believe that the club would be better for it. They are my beliefs - I appreciate people will think differently, but I will keep asking the questions. And you can keep trying to make out that the questions are not valid off the back of some posts made 4 years ago.
    Your first sentence isn't true Lofty.
    I'm not taking sides, just pointing out that you have had more than one name change on here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    Your first sentence isn't true Lofty.
    I'm not taking sides, just pointing out that you have had more than one name change on here.
    I did use "lofty" for a period of a few weeks - that was when Steve D had his own forum and a few people changed their names to Eastenders characters. I also used Kaiser Jirga II when people changed their names after Germany knocked England out in 2010. In each case it was fairly obvious who I was because I was using the same account so my full posting history was available.

Back on topic I agree with ZZ. All this "by fans, for fans" was nothing but errant bullsh*t.

No evidence to suggest that the new 'purchasers of shares' will kick us on any further. Although I'm sure captain bullsh*t will tell us differently on Twitter...

I did use "lofty" for a period of a few weeks - that was when Steve D had his own forum and a few people changed their names to Eastenders characters. I also used Kaiser Jirga II when people changed their names after Germany knocked England out in 2010. In each case it was fairly obvious who I was because I was using the same account so my full posting history was available.
    I'm only toying with you Lofty.
    My days of arguing with you on here are long gone.
    For what its worth I happen to think you have taken some unnecessary stick on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    I'm only toying with you Lofty.
    My days of arguing with you on here are long gone.
    For what its worth I happen to think you have taken some unnecessary stick on this thread.
    I thought so - although you mentioned my "lofty" handle so I had to explain it before some people built it up into something else. At least you've given me a chance to explain.

I also notice the ";-)" is upsetting some of the more sensitive people here.

I thought so - although you mentioned my "lofty" handle so I had to explain it before some people built it up into something else. At least you've given me a chance to explain.

I also notice the ";-)" is upsetting some of the more sensitive people here.
    Some of the more sensitive posters typed up War and Peace in their replies. ;-)

Some of the more sensitive posters typed up War and Peace in their replies. ;-)
    Sometimes, needs must. Especially when dealing with people who load their arguments.

By the way, I did ask (politely) for a link to the Swansea owners claiming they would never be a rich man's play thing. ;-)