+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PPI

PPI

Has anyone ever contacted one of those companies that advertise on the tv and radio?

Is it just a con.

Re: PPI

No. If you think you took out PPI in the past and are owed money go direct to your bank, rather than giving a large lump to one of these firms simply for filling in the form for you

Agree with PB. Do it yourself. I asked my bank to send me details of my PPI payments made over 10 years and they obliged. Said I wanted my money back and they sent me nearly £5k. You can download letter templates fron tinternet.

They will charge you typically 25-30% plus vat of your compensation award just for filling ina form
    So Baloo could have ended up with about £3k instead of 5.

cheers. i have no idea if i ever paid ppi. guess it'll cost nothing to ask the bank.

I got 4.5k

Learn how to play the game before you start, it's not that difficult and there is loads of advice online. Just don't give them any legal leeway to wiggle out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    cheers. i have no idea if i ever paid ppi. guess it'll cost nothing to ask the bank.
    I found them very co-operative. I think they're keen to get all outstanding claims settled asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I found them very co-operative. I think they're keen to get all outstanding claims settled asap.
    They weren't always like that, they used to deliberately try to trip people up with a multitude of tricks.

I found this as well.

I just spoke to my bank and they say I have a claim for ppi sold to me in 2004 on a loan. I have to fill a complaint form in on their website.

So that's good. But what about credit cards and finance agreements with for hire purchase like buying a sofa etc. Do you have to apply to every company individually?

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    No. If you think you took out PPI in the past and are owed money go direct to your bank, rather than giving a large lump to one of these firms simply for filling in the form for you
    ^^^^^^
    Claiming is a doddle.

I got £6400 last year from Capital One, for a loan I paid off in 2006.

I just spoke to my bank and they say I have a claim for ppi sold to me in 2004 on a loan. I have to fill a complaint form in on their website.

So that's good. But what about credit cards and finance agreements with for hire purchase like buying a sofa etc. Do you have to apply to every company individually?
    yes, every company

though its a standard form, so just fill it out in word and print them of

send then out and wait for the cheques to roll in, its really that easy

I got the claim form from Money saving expert site

I got a small ammount back from HSBC for mis selling an ISA to me but it wasn't thousands
    but hundreds.

However there was no PPI involved so the banks must be trying to cover all angles.

I think I must be the only one in the world who has received a grand sum of diddly squat after my enquiries

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    yes, every company

though its a standard form, so just fill it out in word and print them of

send then out and wait for the cheques to roll in, its really that easy

I got the claim form from Money saving expert site
    Cheers. I'll look it up. Obviously after all this time won't have account numbers but I guess they base it on name / address / dob?

I've had allsorts of cards and payment plans over the years. Will have try to remember them all

Agree with PB. Do it yourself. I asked my bank to send me details of my PPI payments made over 10 years and they obliged. Said I wanted my money back and they sent me nearly £5k. You can download letter templates fron tinternet.
    Mrs R had £38.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Mrs R had £38.
    Tell her to buy a blind for that window.

I asked my bank a few years ago and was told that I had nothing owing to me which tbh I wasn't at all surprised about because ppi is not something I'd look for and in fact would always actively avoided as id search for the cheapest loans and any inclusive ppi policies would bump up the loan price.
    Anyway based on my thought that I wouldn't have any anyway I copied a mate who went through the claim guys company.
    One phone call and they did everything I just forgot about it and 6 months later got £2500. I had to give a lump to the company but still cleared near £2k for something I wouldn't have bothered to do myself.
    Ironically the company who paid out were the only one I'd asked...... my bank.

Just because you had PPi doesn't mean you have a claim. You have to state why you think you were mis-sold it. I was awarded over 2K from a Barclay loan. They sold it on the premise i was made redundant or was off work with illness/injury. At the time i worked for B.T. and would receive up to 12 months full sick pay or redundancy payoff if i was laid off so therefore it was mis-sold.
    I also received 3k from the Halifax for a first time mortgage i took out over 15 years ago. They said unless i agreed to PPi they would not authorise the loan,again Mis-sold.
    Hope this helps Boss.

Cheers. I'll look it up. Obviously after all this time won't have account numbers but I guess they base it on name / address / dob?

I've had allsorts of cards and payment plans over the years. Will have try to remember them all
    I never had any account numbers either, just gave previous address's and send of a stack of them

the thing to rememeber is some will have been taken over by other companies or merged, but it didnt matter, printed them out and sent them out to the head offices of various outfits ( even if they were not the company i had a credit card with ) some wrote back saying they had no record, some wrote back with a offer, you have nothing to lose apart from some stamps

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
    Just because you had PPi doesn't mean you have a claim. You have to state why you think you were mis-sold it. I was awarded over 2K from a Barclay loan. They sold it on the premise i was made redundant or was off work with illness/injury. At the time i worked for B.T. and would receive up to 12 months full sick pay or redundancy payoff if i was laid off so therefore it was mis-sold.
    I also received 3k from the Halifax for a first time mortgage i took out over 15 years ago. They said unless i agreed to PPi they would not authorise the loan,again Mis-sold.
    Hope this helps Boss.
    the case appears now that the banks just want rid of it all, so you dont really have to prove much, just say you were not told that PPI was added / or a option, they just accept it and pay out

Think I remember there being talk about UK banks being obliged to contact their customers. Whether true or not it's far easier to go directly to the bank rather than mis-buying a product you don't need.

And that's when using a claims company can help. They will identify all accounts/loans you've had for the last 12 yrs. They do all the work, and obviously are interested in getting as much back, incl. interest. If the banks, credit card co says 'no' do you believe them ?

I had over 8k gotten back.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    And that's when using a claims company can help. They will identify all accounts/loans you've had for the last 12 yrs. They do all the work, and obviously are interested in getting as much back, incl. interest. If the banks, credit card co says 'no' do you believe them ?
    NO! dont use a claims company, they will take the majority of it for themselves and chuck you a few hundred quid. do it yourself there are tons of letter templates u can use.