+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PPI

Re: PPI

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    I asked my bank a few years ago and was told that I had nothing owing to me which tbh I wasn't at all surprised about because ppi is not something I'd look for and in fact would always actively avoided as id search for the cheapest loans and any inclusive ppi policies would bump up the loan price.
    Anyway based on my thought that I wouldn't have any anyway I copied a mate who went through the claim guys company.
    One phone call and they did everything I just forgot about it and 6 months later got £2500. I had to give a lump to the company but still cleared near £2k for something I wouldn't have bothered to do myself.
    Ironically the company who paid out were the only one I'd asked...... my bank.
    Well, this is what I am thinking.

I have had a number of 'protection schemes' over the years, with a number of underwriters. Vehicles, equipment, Mortgages, etc etc .
    I have kept paperwork, but it's a real task. Also I have changed my bank recently.

TBH, I'd rather have the 70% that an 'expert' PPI handling company can get for me than the potentially less successful and time-consuming attempt to pursue all of it myself.

Re: PPI

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
    Just because you had PPi doesn't mean you have a claim. You have to state why you think you were mis-sold it. I was awarded over 2K from a Barclay loan. They sold it on the premise i was made redundant or was off work with illness/injury. At the time i worked for B.T. and would receive up to 12 months full sick pay or redundancy payoff if i was laid off so therefore it was mis-sold.
    I also received 3k from the Halifax for a first time mortgage i took out over 15 years ago. They said unless i agreed to PPi they would not authorise the loan,again Mis-sold.
    Hope this helps Boss.
    Forgot to mention other reclaims available apart from PPI.
    i'm currently awaiting outcome for mis-selling of packaged bank accounts. I've had a current account with Barclays since i left school in '85. About 10 yrs ago they upgraded it to an Additions plus account without my authorisation. The so called benefits being travel insurance,discount car breakdown cover etc. I was charged £16 a month for this so called privalidge for services i didn't use or need.
    I've made the claim via Martin Lewis website,just fill in your details and they e-mail the bank,if no response within certain time it's escalated to the ombudsman.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/rec...-bank-accounts