+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: England v Pakistan 2nd Test, Old Trafford

Re: England v Pakistan 2nd Test, Old Trafford

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Not imposing the follow on is ridiculous. It's all about taking twenty wickets. Having said that I'm more concerned with events at Taunton. Ingram just out.
    You are right, winning a test match is all about taking 20 wickets. Where would we be without the voice of cricket?
    Cooke got it spot on. With 2 days left, no need to put any kind of pressure on your bowlers. If wickets fall, good insight into what's going on for the 4th innings.

"..."Ridiculous"...

I see Boycott is still trying to justify his OTT criticism of Cook's decision.

'We could have won in 3 days'...

Sort of stuff you'd expect from a guy who never bowled and was an unpopular and unsuccessful captain !

I sometimes wonder if he's a bit jealous of Cook, likeable , better to watch, happy and smashing Boycotts batting records whilst still looking about 12 😄

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

Sort of stuff you'd expect from a guy who never bowled and was an unpopular and unsuccessful captain !

I sometimes wonder if he's a bit jealous of Cook, likeable , better to watch, happy and smashing Boycotts batting records whilst still looking about 12 ��

I've seen Boycott bowl he used to bowl with his cap turned around

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

I sometimes wonder if he's a bit jealous of Cook, likeable , better to watch, happy and smashing Boycotts batting records whilst still looking about 12 😄
    I sometimes wonder if Boycs says things just for comedy / shock value.
    Your quintessential Yorkshireman. Very opinionated and skin like a rhinoceros.
    Never been wrong in his life.

I love test match cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post

I've seen Boycott bowl he used to bowl with his cap turned around
    he would have been first to moan if Pakistan had dug in against a tiring attack, especially with Stokes getting injured.

The Aussies have shown the way with this, win the psychological war and you win the game