+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Shooting in MUNICH

Re: Shooting in MUNICH

Quote Originally Posted by the leader View Post
    I like the ill-educated 'right wing' jibe. Fascism lends itself perfectly to the left as much as it does the right. Corbyns ideal is a state controlled system and economy. The dictionary definition of Fascism sits as well with the left.

The left though do love the moral high ground despite invading Iraq and starting all this shit in the first place.
    Just remind me whether it was Dubya or Bliar who represented 'the left' in the invasion of Iraq?

Blue in the Face

I like the ill-educated 'right wing' jibe. Fascism lends itself perfectly to the left as much as it does the right. Corbyns ideal is a state controlled system and economy. The dictionary definition of Fascism sits as well with the left.

The left though do love the moral high ground despite invading Iraq and starting all this shit in the first place.
    I stopped looking at this thread as these terrorist threads are getting very repetitive and everyone seems in a fixed and stubborn position on it. So I saw your reply Leader by chance.

I fully agree with everything you have written and wish I hadn't used the label of "right wing". (Though you would need to flesh out the Corbyn part considerably for me to get your point there). You are right to pull me up on my poor wording and my lazy labelling. I had written "far right" initially, but I didn't want to dismissively label lots posters as "far righters" (though I think there are two who I don't read), so I edited to just "right". I actually tried to edit the post and take it out but 5 minutes had elapsed.

I've been to the killing fields in Cambodia. I've seen with my own eyes that the left is certainly capable of anti-humane fascism. I consider myself in the middle politically. Though the middle looks like the left to a lot of people as politics in the West has taken a big general shift to the right in my view.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Just remind me whether it was Dubya or Bliar who represented 'the left' in the invasion of Iraq?
    In the UK parliament it was certainly lobbied and approved by the Tories and bLiarites though Jon. Opposed, generally speaking, by the lefty MPs.

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    The death of a child is always sad but even sadder is posters using the deaths of innocent children to push their current agenda.i mean what sort of grief whore uses 'bombed into their graves'
    No it really isn't remotely in the same league as your comments. What part of ',bombed into their graves' is factually incorrect? I thoroughly dislike the bombing of civilians. It has happened so many times in the Middle East since 2003.
    I see our current problems in the West as related to our continued involvement in bombing in the Middle East. Until we become extricated from our involvement in the Middle East we are going to face more and more of these appalling atrocities across European cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    In the UK parliament it was certainly lobbied and approved by the Tories and bLiarites though Jon. Opposed, generally speaking, by the lefty MPs.
    Although you might want to have another look at how many Tory MPs there were during this time of a large labour majority To say the Torys 'backed the war' is a little disingenuous. If every Tory had voted against it would still have carried.
    Last edited by the leader; 27-07-16 at 18:37.

Although you might want to have another look at how many Tory MPs there were during this time of a large labour majority To say the Torys 'backed the war' is a little disingenuous. If every Tory had voted against it would still have carried.
    No it wouldn't.

139 Tories voted for the war - and the motion was carried with a majority of 263. If they had voted the other way it wouldn't have carried.

http://en.metapedia.org/wiki/List_of...d_for_Iraq_War

244 Labour MPs voted for the war - 174 voted against

139 Tory MPs voted for the war - 26 voted against

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    No it wouldn't.

139 Tories voted for the war - and the motion was carried with a majority of 263. If they had voted the other way it wouldn't have carried.

http://en.metapedia.org/wiki/List_of...d_for_Iraq_War

244 Labour MPs voted for the war - 174 voted against

139 Tory MPs voted for the war - 26 voted against
    I didn't realise how many Labour MP's voted against the war.

Blue in the Face

The last time I looked at this was for the general election before last. I think there wasn't a vote for the invasion vote from the Lib Dems. The Tories, had a bigger majority proportionally than New Labour. This is going off memory though I am sure I'm right on this.

But as I said in my post "In the UK parliament it was certainly lobbied and approved by the Tories and bLiarites". Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    This thread is a great example of why there should be more football talk on this forum!
    David Cameron supports Aston Villa.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    David Cameron supports Aston Villa.
    I thought it was West Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Or anybody with the same kit

Blog Entries

He shags ham.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    He shags ham.
    Cold shower for you I think?

Are you telling porkies again

Sorry the last reply wasn't for you, it was for Mrs R's ham comment. This site is a bleedin' nightmare on a phone!

Sorry the last reply wasn't for you, it was for Mrs R's ham comment. This site is a bleedin' nightmare on a phone!
    Phones are dumb, they rely entirely on humans for their instructions

Blog Entries

Sifting through all the ads must be a boar.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's true ... but these jumping adverts are something else!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I see his daughter has also joined the family business