+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Paul Trollope Q&A

Paul Trollope Q&A

Re: Paul Trollope Q&A

It's great to have a manager who doesn't just speak in pathetic clichès.
    Very refreshing interview, bring on the season.

Great headline "...I will be ruthless if my tactics don't work"

WOL: Will you be ruthless if your vision isn't working?
    PT: Yeah

Banned

It don't look like the youngsters are going to get a look in. I wonder how much time the people who cry out for the involvement of local talent are prepared to wait before slagging PT off.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Great headline "...I will be ruthless if my tactics don't work"

WOL: Will you be ruthless if your vision isn't working?
    PT: Yeah
    Modern journalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    It don't look like the youngsters are going to get a look in. I wonder how much time the people who cry out for the involvement of local talent are prepared to wait before slagging PT off.
    They have more of a look in than under Slade all ready.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    They have more of a look in than under Slade all ready.
    They are the same players, they under performed last season what makes you think they will be any better this season? PT was heavily involved in our failure last season nothing I have seen or read so far makes me think he can do a better job than RS

They are the same players, they under performed last season what makes you think they will be any better this season? PT was heavily involved in our failure last season nothing I have seen or read so far makes me think he can do a better job than RS
    Because RS was then the manager

Underwhelmed by transfer dealings so far........ah but wait was Trollope distracted by Welsh Euro success? Nah I'm still underwhelmed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Because RS was then the manager
    When the results picked up last season fans put it down to the influence of PT when it went tits up it was Slades fault. Hope I'm wrong but PT is not the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by thornhillblue View Post
    Underwhelmed by transfer dealings so far........ah but wait was Trollope distracted by Welsh Euro success? Nah I'm still underwhelmed.
    It can be motivation of the players look how we did in the euros 2016.I think he can do really well here.Glass half full.

Early days but Trollope has impressed me so far.

When the results picked up last season fans put it down to the influence of PT when it went tits up it was Slades fault. Hope I'm wrong but PT is not the answer.
    Russell Slade spent 20 years in what are now known as league one and two and the only player he considered with enough potential to spend on was Eoin Doyle. Paul Trollope spent a year coaching with Wales and has identified one player to sign, one player to be interested in and another to give renewed hope to.

Slade did settle things down (and his achievements could have seen him comfortably into a championship job) but was unable to maximise the experiences he should have had and unable to inspire or change things when they needed to be. I think Trollope has already succeeded more on all of those categories and while there may be other glaring faults I have more confidence in PT to try to address those than RS.

That's absolute bollocks as is 99% of what you say.
    Nobody is asking for a team full of academy products, but I would like them to be acknowledged as part of Cardiff City football club.
    Russell Slade saw them as someone else's problem and didn't even involve himself with them. Trollope has already given a number of these lad's the opportunity to show they can cut the mustard and he has taken Tom James, Theo Wharton, Tutonda etc on tour to Germany with the first team too.

At least these players will now know that the first team squad is reachable whereas last season they were a separate entity.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Russell Slade spent 20 years in what are now known as league one and two and the only player he considered with enough potential to spend on was Eoin Doyle. Paul Trollope spent a year coaching with Wales and has identified one player to sign, one player to be interested in and another to give renewed hope to.

Slade did settle things down (and his achievements could have seen him comfortably into a championship job) but was unable to maximise the experiences he should have had and unable to inspire or change things when they needed to be. I think Trollope has already succeeded more on all of those categories and while there may be other glaring faults I have more confidence in PT to try to address those than RS.
    Well said mate.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    That's absolute bollocks as is 99% of what you say.
    Nobody is asking for a team full of academy products, but I would like them to be acknowledged as part of Cardiff City football club.
    Russell Slade saw them as someone else's problem and didn't even involve himself with them. Trollope has already given a number of these lad's the opportunity to show they can cut the mustard and he has taken Tom James, Theo Wharton, Tutonda etc on tour to Germany with the first team too.

At least these players will now know that the first team squad is reachable whereas last season they were a separate entity.
    Good post.

Don't be daft. Can't you remember this board last season? Cardiff win - all down to Trollope. Cardiff lose - all down to Slade.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    Don't be daft. Can't you remember this board last season? Cardiff win - all down to Trollope. Cardiff lose - all down to Slade.
    You didn't have to watch the shit we were served up, but surely you were privy to the embarrassing press conferences the bumbling fool gave.
    When you actually supported Cardiff I remember you were a decent football poster who had balanced views but now you seem to have so much angst that all your views are tainted.

Trollope is a football man, Slade was a lazy twat it's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    You lot will be down by XMas if your fans are correct cos they blamed the Italian for bad results.

Going Down Going Down

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    It's great to have a manager who doesn't just speak in pathetic clichès.
    Very refreshing interview, bring on the season.
    clichés. :coat;