+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: How much would you prefer to pay for the paid league? (Only select a value if you're going to enter

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • £5

2 10.53%
  • £10

11 57.89%
  • Will not enter paid Fantasy League

6 31.58%

Thread: Fantasy Football

Fantasy Football

The fantasy league site is back open. Just guaging opinion on having a paid league like last season?

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/home

Re: Fantasy Football

What if you pay to enter but then get banned from this forum?

You organised this brilliantly last year and hope it runs again.

Quote Originally Posted by beef View Post
    The fantasy league site is back open. Just guaging opinion on having a paid league like last season?

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/home
    In as always!

I'm not going to bother this year, mainly because I don't like the set up of the game.
    The Sun and the Telegraph are far better set ups.

The new site is very annoying. They've added an extra click to add a player to your team - doesn't sound like much but when you're tinkering it's a massive pain in the ass.

Yeah I don't like that and a couple of other things, but it's still the definitive format in my opinion, and by quite a distance. I have no clue how to make a decent team around all the new signings this year. Will pay ten for sure if you do it, sir.

I will be in again. Would suggest that the Cup lottery be done away with as all teams do is make loads of transfers each round as they are not penalised in their week's score. Use the money to give first 4 or 6 in League a prize to reflect the long grind, and to keep more players interested to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by ksbenchpwllheli View Post
    I will be in again. Would suggest that the Cup lottery be done away with as all teams do is make loads of transfers each round as they are not penalised in their week's score. Use the money to give first 4 or 6 in League a prize to reflect the long grind, and to keep more players interested to the end.
    Not a bad suggestion. Mainly because I exit the cup at the first round every time!

I think this is aimed at me...if it makes you feel better, I'd have knocked you out if transfers were penalised or not.

Seriously, I don't agree with this suggestion. Paying out to that many teams would just be a few quid each. And there were about 40 teams in the league last year - by December, I'd say at least half had very little to no chance of even a top 10 finish. The cup is a great way of reinvigorating interest for those who are out of the running (which is the majority by the time the cup starts).

So I say to keep the format the same and thanks as always to Beef for running the competition. I ran it one season and it's a fair amount of work and we all appreciate the effort!

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    What if you pay to enter but then get banned from this forum?
    You have to do something pretty spectacular to get banned on here.

I kind of like the cup, and for the exact reasons that you don't by the looks

I like the fact that a lower league team is likely to win, as they are the ones who can focus on it and won't mind losing the transfer points overall as they are not in the running for the league. Also think the addition of the "bench boost" and "triple captain" added to the tactical side of the cup last season. Looks like concensus is £10 again, so I'll set up a league for us and do the usual routine for entering, will post a thread and make it a sticky for a while now.