+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 0 VFL OSNABRUCK. Match thread

FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 0 VFL OSNABRUCK. Match thread

Cardiff City: Marshall; Fabio, Tutonda, Connolly, Ajayi, John; Whittingham, O’keefe, Immers; Pilkington, Gounongbe.

Cardiff take on hosts VFL Osnabruck in the Osnabruck Tournament. Kick off at 2:30pm UK time.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v VFL OSNABRUCK. Match thread

The games today are all 1 hour long. If a draw after 60 mins game will be settled on penalties.

Schedule (changed from originally announced:

15:30 Uhr: VfL Osnabrück - Cardiff City
    16:45 Uhr: Cardiff City - FC St. Pauli
    18:00 Uhr: FC St. Pauli - Bor. Mönchengladbach
    19:15 Uhr: Bor. Mönchengladbach - VfL Osnabrück

So City are playing back to back games over next couple of hours.

Got the match on via WizWig stream. In German but cracking stream.

Fred header 1-0 City.

have you got a link to the link mate

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    have you got a link to the link mate
    I've got it on my fire stick mate.

Re: Latest: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 VFL OSNABRUCK. Match thread

it won't work on my phone. never mind. thank you anyway

Use a smartphone, it won't work on your rotary landline.

Decent quality but the camera angles are doing my head in,its like they've put random camera men in the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Use a smartphone, it won't work on your rotary landline.
    says I need flash player or something

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/...e-3201729.aspx

We had a chat about Dr Ryland Morgans the other day mate. There's a link to his interview above for you to look at means you can't get the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Decent quality but the camera angles are doing my head in,its like they've put random camera men in the stands.
    How we playing?

How we playing?
    Ok mate. 2-0 Declan John.

How we playing?
    First half was all Cardiff. 2nd half now and we've been under a bit of pressure but we broke out and Dec was meaning to cross the ball but it ended up in the net. They all count though.

Yeah looking pretty good, missed the goal and no replays.
    My son said an overhit cross?

3-0 Pilks.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/...e-3201729.aspx

We had a chat about Dr Ryland Morgans the other day mate. There's a link to his interview above for you to look at means you can't get the game.

Yeah I read it mate. I'm far more impressed with everything about us so far this season. I think I got a bit of reputation for being negative last season but anyway who knows me will know that's not the case.

I honestly thought that Slade was a complete lazy waste of space who just blagged his way through the last two years.

I don't think I could have endured much more but it's refreshing to see a renewed professionalism that hasn't been here since malky.

Re: Latest: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 0 VFL OSNABRUCK. Match thread

I know it's only pre season but from what I've read (I've not seen any games yet) we are looking like a far fresher more adventurous, flowing outfit.

I'm actually getting quite excited that we might be pleasantly surprised this season.

Yeah I read it mate. I'm far more impressed with everything about us so far this season. I think I got a bit of reputation for being negative last season but anyway who knows me will know that's not the case.

I honestly thought that Slade was a complete lazy waste of space who just blagged his way through the last two years.

I don't think I could have endured much more but it's refreshing to see a renewed professionalism that hasn't been here since malky.
    I've got to be honest, it's looking a lot better already this pre season. We've looked organised and seem to have a plan already.

I was very impressed with the 60 mins I've just seen (I know it's a pre season game) but I'm getting the buzz again after a couple of frustrating years.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 3 - 0 VFL OSNABRUCK. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    I've got to be honest, it's looking a lot better already this pre season. We've looked organised and seem to have a plan already.

I was very impressed with the 60 mins I've just seen (I know it's a pre season game) but I'm getting the buzz again after a couple of real flat years.

I agree mate. I don't really think we'll get promotion but I'm not bothered as long as we see progression with a young exciting team who'll be able to make a real challenge in the next couple of years.
    I'd rather go up with foundations like Swansea or Bournemouth than go up the way we or Blackpool did.

It's a shame that the club's statement that there would be live coverage turned out to be rubbish - if they cannot keep such promises, why make them in the first place?

Anyway, finally managed to get the link working, my thanks to Charlie for that, and was able to see the last quarter of an hour or so. From what I saw, City looked very comfortable in their new formation with Semi Ajayi looking like someone who could do a job in the first team for the first time since he signed for us and David Tutonda looking at home in a centreback role for which I thought he had little going for him except for his physique.

As stated elsewhere, Declan John's first goal for the first team was a fluke as his cross flew over the keeper's head and in, but it did come at the end of some typically bright passing. Declan played a prominent part in a lovely third goal as well as he checked back and beat a couple of players before finding Stuart O'Keefe who fed Pilks who scored easily.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's a shame that the club's statement that there would be live coverage turned out to be rubbish - if they cannot keep such promises, why make them in the first place?

Anyway, finally managed to get the link working, my thanks to Charlie for that, and was able to see the last quarter of an hour or so. From what I saw, City looked very comfortable in their new formation with Semi Ajayi looking like someone who could do a job in the first team for the first time since he signed for us and David Tutonda looking at home in a centreback role for which I thought he had little going for him except for his physique.

As stated elsewhere, Declan John's first goal for the first team was a fluke as his cross flew over the keeper's head and in, but it did come at the end of some typically bright passing. Declan played a prominent part in a lovely third goal as well as he checked back and beat a couple of players before finding Stuart O'Keefe who fed Pilks who scored easily.
    The St Pauli v Cardiff game has just started.

1-0 already. Lex Immers.