Season long loan...

Weird source...

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drk...0723&time=1415

Re: Simon Moore to Charlton?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Season long loan...

Weird source...

Seems a weird decision as well. I suppose it means City are not expecting any bids for Marshall, but I hope there's a recall clause because I'm not sure if Ben Wilson is ready for a full season as a back up keeper at Championship level yet.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Seems a weird decision as well. I suppose it means City are not expecting any bids for Marshall, but I hope there's a recall clause because I'm not sure if Ben Wilson is ready for a full season as a back up keeper at Championship level yet.
    Not unhappy about this as Moore didn't seem to have what we need. I guess this means we've got our eye on someone else?

The other article that caught my eye on that site was Charlton's ST sales fell by 45% - so I guess Slade's not filling them with hope then...

Blue in the Face

CCFC Casual made a great post the other day on the Marshall thread that changed my opinion on keepers and when they hit their peak. I've now been swayed by Casual that's there's a mythology that keepers peek much later than outfield players and that they hit their peak in their 30's. This isn't true. Keepers are athletes too and the body peaks in your 20's.

Simon Moore is 26 and he's just not played enough games for a pro of that age. I think he's good technically but he has the aura of an inexperienced pro. I wouldn't be surprised if Moore has demanded a loan move. It should suit Moore, and if he returns a better player, it will suit Cardiff too.
    Last edited by Blue in the Face; 23-07-16 at 17:11.

Perhaps we can tell Russ that we only loan in threes and the next two are ALF and Macheda.

There's a 7 minute clip on CC Player with Martyn Margetson (Germany pre-Season: Day 5) where he talks about the Euros with Wales and preparing the goalkeepers (and the rest of the squad) for the season ahead.

Plenty of clips showing Simon Moore fully involved, and a run down on Marshall, Moore and Wilson that gives no hint Moore might be on his way out on loan.

The Doctor Kish blog saying Moore was off to Charlton is the only source I have seen for this claim. No one else has picked it up. It also said the announcement would be this week. If it was going to happen why would Moore be with the squad in Germany, and why the delay in confirming a deal? Strange one.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    There's a 7 minute clip on CC Player with Martyn Margetson (Germany pre-Season: Day 5) where he talks about the Euros with Wales and preparing the goalkeepers (and the rest of the squad) for the season ahead.

Plenty of clips showing Simon Moore fully involved, and a run down on Marshall, Moore and Wilson that gives no hint Moore might be on his way out on loan.

The Doctor Kish blog saying Moore was off to Charlton is the only source I have seen for this claim. No one else has picked it up. It also said the announcement would be this week. If it was going to happen why would Moore be with the squad in Germany, and why the delay in confirming a deal? Strange one.

Yeah it's a weird source Jon. I just thought Moore would want to be no.1 somewhere for a season.

Here's the interview you mentioned that's on player...

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/...-3206809.aspx?

Bluebirds Goalkeeping Coach speaks exclusively to Cardiff City Player HD…

In an interview that you can now watch in full on Cardiff City Player HD, we caught up with goalkeeping coach of club and country, Martyn Margetson, to reflect on his summer experience at the EUROs with Wales, the dynamic of the current goalkeepers in the Cardiff City squad and about being re-united with his former manager, Lennie Lawrence.

“It’s been a superb summer," began Martyn. "It’s been very busy – the season finished, we had a short break and then bounced straight into preparations for the EUROs, which as everyone knows was absolutely fantastic.

“The experience was second to none. There were four members of our staff [Head Coach Paul Trollope, Performance Director Dr Ryland Morgans and Masseur Paul Harris] involved in that environment. I think we were together for forty-seven days in total, and you feed off the energy and commitment that the players showed. It’s given us all a renewed energy coming back to Cardiff City - it’s been really positive.

“With Wales it’s been a long journey that started many years ago. The whole group have been through such a roller-coaster ride, beginning with Gary Speed, and a lot of that group were out in Serbia when we lost 6-1 and the slogan that the Welsh FA came up with in 'Together Stronger' was certainly very apt.

“It was unbelievable; an experience I’ll never forget. Hopefully it will enable me to mature and grow as a coach. I learned so much from the whole experience of the tournament – working with the top players, the likes of Gareth [Bale] and Rambo [Aaron Ramsey] to name just two, and to see how the whole squad embraced the situation and dealt with all of the attention from back home. It certainly enabled us to achieve what we did."

Now back in the Cardiff City fold following his extended French sojourn, Margetson was full of praise for the three goalkeepers who he works closely with on a daily basis, both in terms of ability and application.

“We’ve got the experience of Dave [Marshall] and he sets the standard within the group," Martyn continued. "We’ve got Simon [Moore] who’s a great lad and very good goalkeeper, and then we’ve got Ben [Wilson] who’s got all the attributes needed and his next step will be to see if he can cope with the mental side of the game – he’s got everything else.

“Most of the goalkeeper unions, as we call them, around the country are very close and they have to be because they work so closely. They work extremely hard. Pre-season for a goalkeeping coach is difficult to get the balance right – sometimes we won’t know as much as usual about the opposition and they [the goalkeepers] can end up standing around in games doing nothing. So we’ve come up with a philosophy where they work more [in training] than they normally would during the season to get a foundation in and it seems to be working well."

In conjunction with a handful of new faces in the City camp this pre-season, there is one very recognisable figure making his return to Cardiff City after an eleven-year absence - former Bluebirds boss, Lennie Lawrence.

And Margetson, a former player under Lawrence at Ninian Park, was full of admiration for both his standing in game, and his continued influence on it.

“It’s a pleasure," [working with Lennie again]. "With a thousand-plus games under his belt – he’s in an elite group of managers and coaches in this country.

"Lennie actually signed me back in 2002 for the club, so to link back up with him now on the coaching side of things and to listen to him in staff meetings – his contributions are second to none."

***** Abraham is saying Moore has already gone to Charlton!

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2016/0...ff-wage-bill/?

Either very ITK or jumping the gun?

All three of them (Macheda, Dikachoi and Le Fondre) on £25k plus a week???

Blue in the Face

He's also speculating that Simon Moore is on the last year of his contract. The website transfermarkt says the same thing. So were he to leave, perhaps we are unlikely to see him back at Cardiff? To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if this is Moore's decision. Being no.1 at Charlton could be a good move for him.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    The one good thing is that they are on the final year of their contracts.

The fat boy must spend most of that on burgers

I can believe that. It's going over old ground I know, but, having been badly burned by the Cornelius transfer, what on earth possessed the people running the club (don't think Ken Choo was there when these three players were signed) to commit to wages like that?

Regarding Simon Moore, I see that Russell Slade said this last night about signing a goalkeeper after his team had drawn 0-0 with Ipswich “We’re very close, we would hope to conclude the business this week,”, but, according to this,

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/07/27...-norwich-duo/?

the player they're after is Norwich's Declan Rudd.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I can believe that. It's going over old ground I know, but, having been badly burned by the Cornelius transfer, what on earth possessed the people running the club (don't think Ken Choo was there when these three players were signed) to commit to wages like that?

Regarding Simon Moore, I see that Russell Slade said this last night about signing a goalkeeper after his team had drawn 0-0 with Ipswich “We’re very close, we would hope to conclude the business this week,”, but, according to this,

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/07/27...-norwich-duo/?

the player they're after is Norwich's Declan Rudd.
    The Digkacoi one was particularly bad. Also why a three year contract for an aging player never blessed with natural athleticism? I didn't understand it at the time and neither did friends of mine who are Palace fans. Very poor signing. But probably one of OGS's best signings in truth.

Hopefully the suits have learned lessons.