+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Queen Street has become very f***ing annoying!

Re: Queen Street has become very f***ing annoying!

Why didn't you seek refuge in a pound shop for an hour or two?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I will be absolutely serious here

I used to clean off a ladder, this is how it went

every day you risked falling, the ladder slipping etc etc and a average house would take me 45 mins for then 10 quid

now look at the WFP route, no risk to me, or the public, i use a trolley system and decant from my tank in the van to my trolley, so no hoses over pavements and very low risk to anyone, yet the clincher for me, that 45 min job is down to 15 - 20 mins

its a no-brainier for me, almost tripled my income over night

now add to it the fact i can work in high winds, down to 2 C temps ( though WFP does struggle in the heat, the glass drys too quick , though cleaning the traditional way wasnt fun on the hot days either ) AND clean upto 70 ft high, all from the ground

Oh and dont confuse me with the idiots who clean shopping centers ( though i do clean a few ), they will be working for a company earning 9 quid a hour and not really care about the end product, one thing i do is a fairly decent job
    I refuse to be serious.

I bet you have overalls with the name of your company blazoned all over them. And has a high wind ever caused your pole to crash from the heavens? Do you purify your water properly - or is there occasional irritating spotting? Do you ever get 'run down' down the window?

I'm not sure we are getting the full and frank story here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Midget View Post
    I refuse to be serious.

I bet you have overalls with the name of your company blazoned all over them. And has a high wind ever caused your pole to crash from the heavens? Do you purify your water properly - or is there occasional irritating spotting? Do you ever get 'run down' down the window?

I'm not sure we are getting the full and frank story here.
    you have done your research ( unless you are a secret 'pole-pushers' ) , well done

No overalls ( I am not keen on that self-important branded window cleaner ) I am more a " down-to-earth-honest-joe type of window cleaner " a semi-honest wage for a honest job

my pole has blown over twice in all them years

yes, pure 000 TDS water most of the time ( i change the resin at about 010, anything under 050 is normally ok though )

Irritating spotting, yes, mainly in the very hot, the job i did in the week in Swindon looked crap

run down, yes, its mainly caused imho by the top of the frame not being 100 % clean

anything else ? ? ?

you have done your research ( unless you are a secret 'pole-pushers' ) , well done

anything else ? ? ?
    Well, yes,................ it's about the psychological effect on the artisan, of doing such a fine efficient job compared with the dinosaurs with a bucket and squeegee.

I could spell it out, but I don't want to offend you. However, I would be interested in your comments......

Well, yes,................ it's about the psychological effect on the artisan, of doing such a fine efficient job compared with the dinosaurs with a bucket and squeegee.

I could spell it out, but I don't want to offend you. However, I would be interested in your comments......
    personally, i feel the better job is done with the squeegee, its a final and finished job, it is also alot more skillful, my daughter ( then 12 ) used to come and clean some show houses with me last year during the school holidays ( in the evening when everyone had gone home ) to earn a few quid, she did a good job after the first window, its that easy

but it comes down to " time ", the quicker you clean, the more you earn

so who iyho is the artisan ? ? ?

Note to pole-pushers:-

Their embassy have heard their complaints, and they have sent your names and addresses to the authorities in Warsaw.

personally, i feel the better job is done with the squeegee, its a final and finished job, it is also alot more skillful, my daughter ( then 12 ) used to come and clean some show houses with me last year during the school holidays ( in the evening when everyone had gone home ) to earn a few quid, she did a good job after the first window, its that easy
    Seriously?

To have your 12-yr-old working for money is surely totally illegal!

From GOV/UK https://www.gov.uk/child-employment/...ldren-can-work
    1. Minimum ages children can work
    Part-time work
    The youngest age a child can work part-time is 13, except children involved in areas like:

television, theatre, modelling

You are a modern-day Fagin - and what's more, you seem proud of your anti-social, illegal behaviour

Seriously?

To have your 12-yr-old working for money is surely totally illegal!

From GOV/UK https://www.gov.uk/child-employment/...ldren-can-work
    1. Minimum ages children can work
    Part-time work
    The youngest age a child can work part-time is 13, except children involved in areas like:

television, theatre, modelling

You are a modern-day Fagin - and what's more, you seem proud of your anti-social, illegal behaviour
    did you not hear, i also took her out of school for 3 days, anti-social behaviour is my middle name

on the flip side of my horribleness, it taught her what i do and how i earn my money surely that must give me some brownie points

did you not hear, i also took her out of school for 3 days, anti-social behaviour is my middle name

on the flip side of my horribleness, it taught her what i do and how i earn my money surely that must give me some brownie points
    My understanding is that illegal under-age, child labour is far far worse than antisocial behaviour.

#Blue Anti-social Behaviour Matt

thanks for your tips, i am afraid to urinate on your chips

I havent used a squeegee for 12 years

If you google " water fed pole " you will see what i use

I have even been able to afford a van to carry the water tank pushing the boundaries of success that is

as you are slightly interested, i can currently work at 70 ft from the ground ( 75 ft at a push, but that really is pushing it ) my current highest window is around the 60 ft mark in Oxford
    I used to do the old reach and wash system the 60 foot pole is tough going after a couple of windows

My understanding is that illegal under-age, child labour is far far worse than antisocial behaviour.
    I agree, I tried to change the subject and talk about 3 days out of school

i thought it might get under the radar

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I used to do the old reach and wash system the 60 foot pole is tough going after a couple of windows
    it is, really hard work, any job that you do above the 4th floor is the only job you want to do that day, its not a massive job, but what with the travel and the height it has to be worth the whole days money

There's no parking in the white zone.

I f*cking love this board sometimes!!

it is, really hard work, any job that you do above the 4th floor is the only job you want to do that day, its not a massive job, but what with the travel and the height it has to be worth the whole days money

I just knew you was going to introduce the subject of height.

So offensive!

If you stoop much lower you will be at my level.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post

I f*cking love this board sometimes!!
    It arrived in the surreal station and left, it had me laughing for ages last night
    Last edited by blue matt; 24-07-16 at 07:45.

I gave a young lady a fiver to get herself some smack the last time I was down Queen Street.
    She wanked me off around the back of Buffalos in return.
    Nice girl.

It arrived in the surreal station and left, it had me laughing for ages last night

Blog Entries

I think Cardiff is slowly becoming a city that has over extended itself , it is spoilt by the over remanded do drinks and events, it's allowed wonderful historic streets such as Queen and St Mary street to become cheap economy retail outlets , whilst building American type malls. And not allowing independent traders to flourish as in Bristol.

Cardiff city centre is looking pretty shabby at the moment with the current plague of graffiti. Wish someone would give 'Raes', 'Moz' etc a good hiding as they are making the city look like a sh*t-hole. Some of the worst graffiti is in an underpass about 50 yards from Cardiff Central police station. I don't mind street art/murals or even political graffiti but people just egocentrically scrawling their names everywhere is a bit wank.

Also get annoyed by a pair of Mancs who sell 'charity' wristbands on Queen Street and who used to sell Rag Mags even though they quite clearly aren't students. Definitely a bit dodgy.

And one other moan: whenever there is a big sporting event in the city the people selling Welsh tat in the street are almost always Brummies. What's happened to the Welsh entrepreneurial spirit?

I no speaky good English but I beg your ear for responding to the facts presented by Mr Organ. I spit on his comments. In my country we say "do not piss in my beetroot soup and tell me it taste better". This mean do not tell lies. I am the lady who sell the beautiful flowers made of real plastic he talk to. He say I no understand his rant. But I understand well what he want. He say "I do not want your bloody flower but if you get your gums around this I will give you a fiver". He then showed me something that looked like a male organ only it was much much smaller. I just walk away in disgust. I later see him go behind tree with an old tramp who was taking his dentures out.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    I no speaky good English but I beg your ear for responding to the facts presented by Mr Organ. I spit on his comments. In my country we say "do not piss in my beetroot soup and tell me it taste better". This mean do not tell lies. I am the lady who sell the beautiful flowers made of real plastic he talk to. He say I no understand his rant. But I understand well what he want. He say "I do not want your bloody flower but if you get your gums around this I will give you a fiver". He then showed me something that looked like a male organ only it was much much smaller. I just walk away in disgust. I later see him go behind tree with an old tramp who was taking his dentures out.
    We were wondering where you had got to, Matt