+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New high tempo

New high tempo

I know it has only been friendlies, but there does seem more closing down and putting defenders, goalkeepers under pressure.It could be a good season for us.And some cracking football.

Re: New high tempo

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I know it has only been friendlies, but there does seem more closing down and putting defenders, goalkeepers under pressure.It could be a good season for us.And some cracking football.
    Let's hope so

Blue in the Face

Interesting. Could be down to the idea that it's a better work out? Or players trying to impress the new head coach? Maybe it's down to instruction? If we are to play like that through the course of the season we will need to rotate players to avoid fatigue. The last time we had success in this division (under MM) we played this way. Interesting. Let's see

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Interesting. Could be down to the idea that it's a better work out? Or players trying to impress the new head coach? Maybe it's down to instruction? If we are to play like that through the course of the season we will need to rotate players to avoid fatigue. The last time we had success in this division (under MM) we played this way. Interesting. Let's see

In Ryland Morgans interview he said that Trollope wants to play a high pressing game.
    I've been really encouraged with everything I have seen and heard so far this pre season, we are finally heading in the right direction on and off the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    In Ryland Morgans interview he said that Trollope wants to play a high pressing game.
    I've been really encouraged with everything I have seen and heard so far this pre season, we are finally heading in the right direction on and off the pitch.
    I was impressed when Zohore closed the keeper down and scored,in pre season this is not normally done.Hope we keep it up for the season.

I was impressed when Zohore closed the keeper down and scored,in pre season this is not normally done.Hope we keep it up for the season.

I'm really excited about the season for the first time since our premier league year (which was a disaster).

For the first time in many years the whole club seems to be pulling in the same direction and I only hope the fans get on board.

Zohore missed a sitter against St. Pauli, but he deserved much of the credit for the own goal they scored because of the pressure he put on their defender, forcing him to misdirect and overhit his back pass to the extent that the keeper was unable to deal with it.

Regarding that Rylands Morgan interview and the high pressing game, he was saying that there would be times during games when it was right to press and others when it wouldn't be - I think it's vital to gauge correctly when to press and went not to. I say that because I'm adamant that Spurs' failure to be able to maintain their pressing game right until the end of matches in the closing weeks of the season played a huge part in them missing out on the title (as well as leading to a miserable Euros for one or two of their players) - that said, would they have got so close in the first place if they had sat off opponents more in their first thirty or so games?