Re: Parents who take their children out of school for holidays

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    how could i forget jimmy krankie

more importantly, wtf I am doing here
    Ruining another thread.

the only experience i have with dwarfs and Midgets are the Simpsons
    Sorry, but I certainly don't want an experience with you and your pole, thanks all the same....

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Please don't - not again!

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Ruining another thread.
    whats wrong with Jimmy ? ? ?

groundbreaking humour at times, Infact i am sure recently, you must have stolen some of the Krankies material

whats wrong with Jimmy ? ? ?

groundbreaking humour at times, Infact i am sure recently, you must have stolen some of the Krankies material
    I have no idea what any of that means but I'm not hoping for an explanation either tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    one or two days before term ends, does it harm their education, does it matter.
    I'm guessing that your parents took you out of school and hence you missed the punctuation lesson?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Midget View Post
    Just as long as you don't pity me! I can endure 'imp', but not said in a pitying way...

I pity you for your location not your ability to walk under tables.

ok i wont, .....btw won`t what?

Reason i posted , just read an article about pupils being excluded for wearing shorts on the hottest day, a while ago some "experts" were saying even one day taken could ruin a childs chances at school. i suppose being excluded doesn`t count as a holiday, (well not for the parents anyway)
    I think they were vastly underestimating it.

14 seconds missed is all it takes to go from an Oxbridge candidate to a bin man.

one or two days before term ends, does it harm their education, does it matter.
    The sort of selfish parents who do it are not interested in their children's education anyway.

Parents who keep moving house so their child has to keep changing schools are far worse than those who let them miss the odd day or two at the end of term.

My daughter is a teacher on the South Coast. A week ago, she and her children stayed with us in Tongwnlais, taking advantage of a two-day inset period.

Have the prospects of these poor children been ruined by the need to train up teachers?
    Surely if your daughter is a teacher, she should have been in school during the inset days, having training, not having a "jolly" to your place

Quote Originally Posted by S'all Good Man View Post
    Surely if your daughter is a teacher, she should have been in school during the inset days, having training, not having a "jolly" to your place
    No she was having a jolly in Ton..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PerryJason View Post
    The sort of selfish parents who do it are not interested in their children's education anyway.
    Codswallop

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
    Parents who keep moving house so their child has to keep changing schools are far worse than those who let them miss the odd day or two at the end of term.
    Yeah, people in the armed forces and other people who have to move house because of their work, what's wrong with these people? just leave your kids where they are ffs, they will thank you in the long run.

No she was having a jolly in Ton..
    So instead of 1 child not getting the required education because they skipped school to go on holiday, a whole class has been effected as she is not having the education needed to do her job

Quote Originally Posted by PerryJason View Post
    This.

Your son or daughter's first 18 years of their life is not for enjoying. It is not for having fun. It is not for family bonding. It is for education, education, and education. This is the only way they'll be anything but a lollipop lady in later life.

Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post
    I'm guessing that your parents took you out of school and hence you missed the punctuation lesson?
    care to correct it then.

Feedback

Do you have any idea how offensive it is to describe me as a dwarf when I am a midget?

"A dwarf is an extremely short adult who is less than 58 inches tall. The word midget is considered derogatory and offensive. Both words describe a short person, but refer to different physical characteristics and genetic conditions.

"Midget" refers to a person who is very short, but normally proportioned. The term midget is now rarely used and is considered offensive. But its usage was very common until the end of the twentieth century. It has given way to "short person" or "little person".

"Dwarf" refers to a person with one of several varieties of a specific genetic condition called dwarfism. A dwarf has disproportion of body parts. This is generally caused by a genetic or nutritional disability. Any adult human below the height of 4'10" (147 cm) is considered a dwarf. With reference to legends or folklore, a dwarf is considered a legendary creature resembling a tiny old man, who lives in the depths of the earth and guards buried treasure."

I am certainly not a tiny old man, who lives in the depths of the earth and guards buried treasure.
    who was better in a ruck, legolas or aragorn?

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Who was better in a ruck, legolas or aragorn?
    Undoubtedly, Aragorn would wipe the floor with Legolas blonde haired extinctions and by the time he was done stomping a mud hole in Legalos Elrond will say it was my turn to kick the princes candy ass.

Haven't a clue what ^^^^^^^means....but it seems definitive......

International

My daughter is a teacher on the South Coast. A week ago, she and her children stayed with us in Tongwnlais, taking advantage of a two-day inset period.

Have the prospects of these poor children been ruined by the need to train up teachers?
    Shirley, if your daughter is a teacher then she should most certainly have attended the inset days?

Will her parents be fined or imprisoned just as the parents of a pupil may be if the pupil misses school?