+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I think they should be banned

I think they should be banned

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/36878983

This decision really sends out the wrong message.

They really should be banned.

Re: I think they should be banned

You want everyone banned!
    Don't know why they're fannying about it's blatently obvious they're cheating bastards and always have been

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    You want everyone banned!
    Don't know why they're fannying about it's blatently obvious they're cheating bastards and always have been
    No decisive leadership at all. Quite shocking.

I think click bait headlines should be banned. Either state what the post is or go to the other site!

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    I think click bait headlines should be banned. Either state what the post is or go to the other site!
    What was you thinking then? I thought it was obvious he was talking about the russkies

What like many, many other posts on here??? Certainly not every thread on here has a full description of the contents of the thread. Why pick on this one?

Tell you what - Don't even bother, I really can't be arsed.

It was obvious to me that he Olympic committee would bottle it, the Russians are cheats and have been for decades. It's not just in Olympic type sports,when we played them in that footy play off they had drugs cheats playing then.As already stated further up the thread, what message does this send out.

It will come down to corruption, lily-livered committees and ... $$$ in somebody's pocket.

My Ma used to work for an individual who was (is?) high up in the IOC.
    Jeez. I've heard some stories ...

What a palm greasing gravy-train is was (no doubt still is)

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    It was obvious to me that he Olympic committee would bottle it, the Russians are cheats and have been for decades. It's not just in Olympic type sports,when we played them in that footy play off they had drugs cheats playing then.As already stated further up the thread, what message does this send out.
    The Russian football team certainly played like they were on something when we played them in the Euro's recently.

Why on earth do you think he wanted to click bait? What would he gain?

The Olympics is Shite and has been for 20 years or more.....big Money killed it.
    Glad that the Golfer kid from NI snubbed It.

Yeah sleeping pills, thankfully.

Seems to me that the IOC is abdicating responsibility and passing the buck on to individual sports federations.

This puts the federations in an impossible situation - The Boxing federation could ban them and the Judo federation could allow them to compete. Bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Seems to me that the IOC is abdicating responsibility and passing the buck on to individual sports federations.

This puts the federations in an impossible situation - The Boxing federation could ban them and the Judo federation could allow them to compete. Bizarre.
    complete copout by the IOC, still we get to see Izenbyeva so not all bad

I'm not sure the olympics will be worth watching now. We will have no idea if any Russian athletes competing are doing so clean or fuelled by a state sponsored doping programme.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
    I'm not sure the olympics will be worth watching now. We will have no idea if any Russian athletes competing are doing so clean or fuelled by a state sponsored doping programme.
    I know what you mean. It has to be assumed that if the Track & Field were at it, then so were the rest of the sports. After all, this is not one or two athletes independently cheating but state sponsored.

I will still watch, but as you say, innocent or guilty, any Russian victory will lead to the inevitable suspicion and devalue the whole games.

No decisive leadership at all. Quite shocking.
    Do you mean shocking in the sense of bad? Or are you genuinely shocked that the IOC bottled a big decision? After what FIFA have done over the last few years I can't imagine much that any similar institution could do that would shock me.

Just assume they're not clean.

Like the rest of them.

The only difference between 'clean' athletes and the cheats is that the 'clean' athletes are one step ahead of the testers.

I remember reading an article a few years back that featured anonymous interviews with people involved with testing. They basically said that as fast as they discover substances and ban them, new ones are evolving and the athletes simply stay one step ahead of the game.

The only difference between Russia and the rest is that other countries don't openly get involved in the cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Just assume they're not clean.

Like the rest of them.

The only difference between 'clean' athletes and the cheats is that the 'clean' athletes are one step ahead of the testers.

I remember reading an article a few years back that featured anonymous interviews with people involved with testing. They basically said that as fast as they discover substances and ban them, new ones are evolving and the athletes simply stay one step ahead of the game.

The only difference between Russia and the rest is that other countries don't openly get involved in the cheating.
    I like the thought of them all taking drugs to really find out how far the human body can be pushed.

The fact they'd die at 38 with two heads and really long finger nails is their own concern but they'll have at least jumped a load of hurdles in super quick time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    I like the thought of them all taking drugs to really find out how far the human body can be pushed.
    I'm sort of with you on that one.

It's not only their able bodied athletes that have been at it. Just recently six of their wheelchair athletes tested positive for WD40.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    It's not only their able bodied athletes that have been at it. Just recently six of their wheelchair athletes tested positive for WD40.
    Squeaky clean ? oil be fooked.

There was never this fuss when the US were covering up.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2000/09/27/sp...pagewanted=all

Look at it this way, the OIC (or whatever they are called) may just have defused a WW3 situation. OK, OK ... I don't mean this alone was worthy of Russian aggression but with them being backed into a corner in most sports/political situations . there was tension growing. However, further down the line - how do you discipline a bully which wants to break/provoke international laws?

Bleak times ... bleak times !