+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Steve Tucker

Steve Tucker

Have he left WOL....Ain't seen any articles lately.

Re: Steve Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Have he left WOL....Ain't seen any articles lately.
    There was a thread on **** weeks ago that said he'd been sacked.

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/vi...5&hilit=tucker

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    There was a thread on **** weeks ago that said he'd been sacked.

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/vi...5&hilit=tucker
    I think there's been a lot of cost cutting at the paper, a fair few journos have left.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I think there's been a lot of cost cutting at the paper, a fair few journos have left.
    Also, Tucker was pro-rebrand (and wasn't pleasant to those that weren't) and was pro Team GB in favour of a Wales team. He will not be missed by me.

I liked him.I thought a lot of people where jealous because he was a cardiff lad writing for the echo about City.
    Didn't he get into a supporters meeting with Risdale which he was banned from by shaving his beard off.

I got the impression that both Tucker and Phillips had been shoved aside somewhat after things went a bit stale - unless the latter took on voluntary redundancy. In terms of the cutbacks - they've taken on a couple of new faces in the sports department in recent months.

I bet they haven't cut down on egg journo's

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Like most businesses these days, probably too highly paid. Bit controversial, replaced by some young "high flyer" on half the wages with less benefiys who can churn out twice as many stories in half the time in favour of less research and plenty of garbled cut and pasted rhetorical shite!

Not an echo reader myself but it seemed he wasn't everyone's cup of tea and very opinionated, but his pieces always got people talking.

Good luck Tucker with whatever you have planned

That's a shame....i always liked his passion for the City, I thought him and Blakey were a great double act on the Bootroom.
    i always had a bit of banter with him on twitter. Good Luck tucks on the next chapter of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Like most businesses these days, probably too highly paid. Bit controversial, replaced by some young "high flyer" on half the wages with less benefiys who can churn out twice as many stories in half the time in favour of less research and plenty of garbled cut and pasted rhetorical shite!

Not an echo reader myself but it seemed he wasn't everyone's cup of tea and very opinionated, but his pieces always got people talking.

Good luck Tucker with whatever you have planned
    I prefer those who get you thinking rather than those who don't care as long as you're spending your money to add nothing new to the conversation.

How long has Phil Smith been with The Echo? I've not really noticed him before but I've enjoyed some of his interviews recently.

I'll miss his passion and humour on Blakey's Boot Room for sure

An absolute shit journo talked absolute bollox

Shit club, shit fans

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Shit club, shit fans
    Do you want some?

I'll give it ya

Oh the irony is over whleming. Maybe we should do a poll to bring him back or not????......... Cant help a chuckle!!!