+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

What a superb win by a team that would be considered some way short of our strongest eleven. Early days yet, but Glamorgan's batting looks to be as solid as it's been for years in the four day game with everyone contributing today after the early loss of the openers.

I was listening yesterday when the commentators agreed Douthwaite was the quickest bowler on show and although I took Edward Bevan's assertion that he was reaching 90mph with a pinch of salt, if he was right, I reckon we could soon be seeing the first visit by an England selector to a Glamorgan game since Matt Maynard was playing, not coaching!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What a superb win by a team that would be considered some way short of our strongest eleven. Early days yet, but Glamorgan's batting looks to be as solid as it's been for years in the four day game with everyone contributing today after the early loss of the openers.

I was listening yesterday when the commentators agreed Douthwaite was the quickest bowler on show and although I took Edward Bevan's assertion that he was reaching 90mph with a pinch of salt, if he was right, I reckon we could soon be seeing the first visit by an England selector to a Glamorgan game since Matt Maynard was playing, not coaching!
    Tony Cordle was quicker

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    Tony Cordle was quicker
    Cordle laid me out first ball in the indoor nets in the National Sports centre when I was a pup. I was one of a few being looked at for a summer with the Lords Ground Staff . I was batting ok until they brought Cordle in to ruffle me. I left his first ball in true Geoff Boycott style shouldering arms, but it nipped back and hit me smack in the bollocks. Funnily enough I was never called up to Lords for the final trial!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Cordle laid me out first ball in the indoor nets in the National Sports centre when I was a pup. I was one of a few being looked at for a summer with the Lords Ground Staff . I was batting ok until they brought Cordle in to ruffle me. I left his first ball in true Geoff Boycott style shouldering arms, but it nipped back and hit me smack in the bollocks. Funnily enough I was never called up to Lords for the final trial!!!
    Great story, Glamorgans first overseas bowler , remember watching him at SG in 1969 school hols. fast , wayward at times but always a threat, part of a great team.