+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 48 of 221 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 5521

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

"Glamorgan chief executive Morris admitted he is looking for some batting expertise"... Good news at last it looks like our problem is about to be addressed.

I'm glad that MM seems to be on the brink.of sorting things out as I believe things weren't that amicable just before he left.
    He was a major influence in us winning the County Championship and I'm sure the youngsters will look up to him.

I think we've been the worst batting side in the four day game for two, possibly three, seasons and it's good to see that the powers that be seem to want to do something about it - I also read somewhere that the priority for the new season will be to recruit two experienced top order batsmen.

7-30 tonight BBC4 a documentary called Race and Pace about West Indians cricketers playing in the Lancashire League over the last 90 years, includes Sir Viv and Sir Wes Hall

Some young talent emerging

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/41476578

Matthew Maynard makes a welcome return to Glamorgan:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/c...turns-13874563

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Matthew Maynard makes a welcome return to Glamorgan:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/c...turns-13874563
    Great to see him back. Should never have been forced to leave in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Great to see him back. Should never have been forced to leave in the first place.
    ^^^^THIS^^^^ let’s see what he can do with the young batsmen, so glad that he’s back

Great news!
    Was hoping this might come to fruition, seems all have decided to wipe the slate clean, a lot of water under the bridge. Can only be good for the county

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think we've been the worst batting side in the four day game for two, possibly three, seasons and it's good to see that the powers that be seem to want to do something about it - I also read somewhere that the priority for the new season will be to recruit two experienced top order batsmen.
    Glamorgan sign Shaun Marsh as their overseas player for the next 2 seasons.

I feel that is a decent signing that improves the batting.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Glamorgan sign Shaun Marsh as their overseas player for the next 2 seasons.

I feel that is a decent signing that improves the batting.
    Very good signing. Marsh fills the problematic opening spot in the four day game but will also be a quick scorer in T20 and one day games.

I missed this at the time, but Will Bragg retired last week because of an illness which dogged him for most of last season and has still not been diagnosed. To be honest, he played so little last season that I had forgotten all about him by the end of it, but we couldn't half have done with a fit and in form Bragg in the four day game - he was our most reliable batsman in 2015 and 2016 I'd say.

Hope he does well in his new career and that he gets to know what it is he has been suffering from.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/42082869

Also, good to see the very promising Kiran Carlson committing himself to Glamorgan until 2020.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/42322378

What a shame for Will Bragg. He has been our most consistent batsman in four day cricket over the past few years so it was odd that he played so little in 2017. He can hold his head high.
    Carlson is definitely a bright prospect although Uni will limit his appearances in the first part of the seasons ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    :auction".... you've gotta laugh

I see Stokes went for a fortune but what happens if he's doin' bird?

Yup Marsh and Ingram not in IPL is Glamorgan's gain.

Is it still only January?

Yep good news for us although he may be involved in Test matches for Aus later in the summer.Amazed nobody signed Ingram.

Lools like it could have been better though LB.

Okay we get to host the T20 comp but so do the grounds hosting the Ashes tests, with the exception of Trent Bridge who have been given a 50 over sweetener.

No tests is a bummer.

Yes especially as the last ashes game at the Swalec was such a success

Yes especially as the last ashes game at the Swalec was such a success
    Wasn't it just. The first one was an absolute belter too, managing a draw in the first test and eventually winning the series. Monty Panesar, hanging around for "ever".

Can't say I'm surprised really though.

I’m very disappointed. This is a real snub. I can understand not getting an Ashes Test in 2019 but to be ignored in 2023 is very poor.

I’m very disappointed. This is a real snub. I can understand not getting an Ashes Test in 2019 but to be ignored in 2023 is very poor.
    Everyone bar the "big 6" have been ignored for all Test matches haven't they? If they're trying to kill Test cricket, they're giving it a good go here.

Although the Ashes tests at Cardiff can, rightly, be called successes, I always think the woeful crowds for the other test match played here, against Sri Lanka, gave ammunition to those who feel we do not deserve test cricket in Cardiff.

Moving on...July 31st..going for our 5th succesive 20/20 victory at The Oval in front of 20,000.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Although the Ashes tests at Cardiff can, rightly, be called successes, I always think the woeful crowds for the other test match played here, against Sri Lanka, gave ammunition to those who feel we do not deserve test cricket in Cardiff.
    At the moment i dont think the club wants test cricket. I dont think any ground can say we deserve an Ashes test, but we dont want any other test matches.

Personally i think everything that happened yesterday exceeded expectations, we were on the fringes for a franchise (and we got one). We have regular one-day and T20 Internationals (which attract good crowds).

I think they have looked at Wales in a favorable light rather than snubbing the area.