+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 221 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    When was the last time glammy batted all day and never lost a wicket?
    Before you and I were born

Rudolph retiring at end of season, stepping down as captain of LVCC, with Hogan taking over. Rudolph will still captain in the T20.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Rudolph retiring at end of season, stepping down as captain of LVCC, with Hogan taking over. Rudolph will still captain in the T20.
    I see Hogan's only captain for the rest of the season - I wonder if we'll see a new captain brought in from outside the club?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I see Hogan's only captain for the rest of the season - I wonder if we'll see a new captain brought in from outside the club?
    I think we will. Hogan has been a great player but is past his best now and he is bound to retire at the end of next season.

Glamorgan were set 266 in 51 overs by Durham and they were going pretty well, but they've just lost Ingram.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO41326

Glamorgan were set 266 in 51 overs by Durham and they were going pretty well, but they've just lost Ingram.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO41326
    Glammy won by 3 wickets!

267-7.

Opener Selman 116 not out.

Brilliant.

Wow.

FFS

At least Rudolf is playing well at last

FFS

At least Rudolf is playing well at last
    Yep a typical collapse.

Century for Rudolf as he and Cooke (80not out) lead the rescue

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO41333

Century for Rudolf as he and Cooke (80not out) lead the rescue

Looks like lifting the burden of captaincy off Rudolph is paying dividends. Our middle order is still a worry mind.
    Heartening though after an awful start to the season, even by our own standards.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Looks like lifting the burden of captaincy off Rudolph is paying dividends. Our middle order is still a worry mind.
    Heartening though after an awful start to the season, even by our own standards.
    Yes good point about Rudolph. In the circs that is a great century. I am really pleased to see Cooke is now finally proving what a talented batsman he is.

Cricket really can be a strange game. Last night Glamorgan went from coasting at 39-0 to blitzed at 58-6 in the space of nine overs. Then I wake up this morning and see what the overhead conditions were going to be like at Worcester and think we'll do well to get a hundred - shows what I know!

Great effort by Rudolph and Cooke today.

Cooke and Rudolph both out quickly - 227-8, but we're not going to be too far behind and could still get a small lead.

304-8 at tea - fair play, we're all quick to criticise when things go wrong for Glamorgan, but they've been tremendous today.

What a turn around in this game, they're playing as a team, everyone's chipping in with decent performances. As said above in the thread Rudolph seems to love not having the captaincy.Its a pity that Cooke never reached his hundred.

It's a bit of a topsy turvy league this season. Looking like bottom placed Durham will beat title chasing Kent.

304-8 at tea - fair play, we're all quick to criticise when things go wrong for Glamorgan, but they've been tremendous today.
    ^^^
    How many times do we outplay teams in the field only for the opposition to record record partnerships for the 9th and 10th wickets?
    Refreshing to see our tail wag for a change and it can only be good for the confidence of the team moving forward.

A superb day. Need to take early wickets tomorrow though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    A superb day. Need to take early wickets tomorrow though.
    Well its a good start, Captain Hogie fired up taking wicket straight away 56-2

Well its a good start, Captain Hogie fired up taking wicket straight away 56-2
    Ned two or three more before lunch. I wouldn't us to be chasing more than 200

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Ned two or three more before lunch. I wouldn't us to be chasing more than 200
    How about Worcestershire 119-6 leading by 5 with 4 wickets remaining!!! Is this all down to a change of Captain??

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    How about Worcestershire 119-6 leading by 5 with 4 wickets remaining!!! Is this all down to a change of Captain??
    No doubt in my mind.
    Though as I've alluded to earlier in the thread, the Glambags are notoriously guilty of not polishing the tail off sides when in decent positions.
    Conditions must be favouring the fielding side, Pearcey mentioned 200 but I wouldn't want to be chasing down three figures!

No doubt in my mind.
    Though as I've alluded to earlier in the thread, the Glambags are notoriously guilty of not polishing the tail off sides when in decent positions.
    Conditions must be favouring the fielding side, Pearcey mentioned 200 but I wouldn't want to be chasing down three figures!
    In truth nor would I.Lets get these final four wickets in the afternoon session