+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 80 of 223 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 5572

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

The idea of watching an exciting T20 game drinking beer on a warm summer’s evening in Cardiff is appealing but the reality is so different. Despite being tempted I stayed away last night and avoided paying to watch another predictably dismal effort as Glamorgan surrendered. People won’t travel and give up their time and money when all they can expect is to lose interest in the contest after barely an hour.

This season is panning out very similarly to Maynard’s last season in charge. We were dreadful in T20 that season but highly competitive in the County Championship and robbed of promotion by the weather v Derbyshire in the final game of the season.
    All to play for in the Championship although I don’t think we have enough runs in the side without Labuschagne. I won’t be bothering any visits to Cardiff for the T20 this season. It just isn’t worth it.

Currently on Sky and doing surprisingly well considering their form 134/3 off 16.

Slipped a bit after losing those two quick wickets, picked up a touch now, Cook having a bash.

Yeah decent bowling at the death restricted us to 172.
    We hit 180 recently and lost in 18 overs so gonna be tough to defend.

What a finish. Tied game!
    Only Glamorgan could snatch a draw from the jaws of victory

Why would you take a bowler off when he has 4/12 off 3 overs. Shocking captaincy. We absolutely should have won tonight. That’s probably it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Why would you take a bowler off when he has 4/12 off 3 overs. Shocking captaincy. We absolutely should have won tonight. That’s probably it now.
    It was a strange one yes, although Glos got lucky and I did feel sorry for de Lange. Tye top edged two for boundaries over the keeper then the pressure got to him in the end.

Wagg's over was fantastic and that alone deserved to see us home but we have seen it all before where Glammy are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    It was a strange one yes, although Glos got lucky and I did feel sorry for de Lange. Tye top edged two for boundaries over the keeper then the pressure got to him in the end.

Wagg's over was fantastic and that alone deserved to see us home but we have seen it all before where Glammy are concerned.
    Very very frustrating. We were travelling back from a great day out in Pamplona and returning to our base in San Sebastián glued to the score. When Salter took those key wickets we thought it all over. Then De Lange’s over......Salter should have been bowled out and forced the batsmen to pull out big shots.

Yes, amazing how they managed not to win from there. Salter should have bowled his last over, it could have gone wrong but wouldn’t have been worse than De Lange’s over - and he has been very expensive in all the T20 games so far. The tie feels like a loss, which with so few points it probably is!

Disappointed not to win, but great drama.
    Took Mrs Mower and even she with only the loosest grasp on what was going on enjoyed it 😂

Not being able to chase 127 is just embarrassing

feeble and a fecking disgrace.

serious problems at the swalec over many years

Not being able to get to 3 figures again when batting is embarrassing, the T20 campaign has been awful and I suspect will also follow into the remaining county Championship games. Guess we just have to hope for some bad weather near the end of the season to allow for a draw or two to possibly scrape home in the last promotion slot

Here we go again ... Sussex chasing 147 are 47-0 off 4 overs we really suck at this T20 game this season and of course that impacts income from our home games as people aren’t going to watch When they are getting stuffed every game!

All over in just under 14 overs ......lost by 9 wickets

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    All over in just under 14 overs ......lost by 9 wickets
    the whole setup down there is a b1oody shambles.

who in their right mind will want to rock up for the next game on Friday against Essex.

if this new limited over game kicks off with a hybrid side then Glammy will disappear up the derriere.

Sad to see Malcolm Nash passed away recently. I remember watching Glammy in the years when they were good and a marked comparison to the current rabble.

I’ve given up on T20 this season. First time in many years I won’t be going to Cardiff to watch a T20 game.

Glamorgan 9-1 after electing to bat at Colwyn Bay against top of the table Lancashire with Selman out for one. Shaun Marsh is batting and I didn't realise that we'd signed Samit Patel on loan for the rest of the season in red ball cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Glamorgan 9-1 after electing to bat at Colwyn Bay against top of the table Lancashire with Selman out for one. Shaun Marsh is batting and I didn't realise that we'd signed Samit Patel on loan for the rest of the season in red ball cricket.
    Unfortunately an innings defeat looks on the cards.
    I can see us finishing 4th and missing out.
    This is the time I pray for serious rain

I think we will end up about sixth. The batting has been hopeless since early July and we ar very much back to last season’s form. Let’s hope we can get Labuschagne back next season.

Gloucester and Durham well on top in their games and will probably pass us in this round of games. Labuschange was impressive for the Aussies on Sunday, he’s a big miss at the end of the season

Northants also likely to win so we will drop to fifth.

Dreadful runout , don’t know what Selnan was thinking calling that run , Ingram gave up 3/4 way down the strip

Ingram has one more season to go. He really must not be captain next season. Clueless captaincy. We have had some duff overseas players over the years. Is Shaun Marsh the worst ever?