+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 76 of 221 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 5521

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It certainly felt like no one reached 100 runs by July last season.
    And we go back to Alan Jones opening😢😢😢

Quite disappointed with the scoring rate last 7/8 overs today. Thought we'd put ourselves into a good position to have a slog. But they just didn't seem interested, Shane really as the scoring rate was chugging along nicely until that point

Jimmy Anderson injured himself today, no further part in Lancs game. Doubtful for start of ashes aswell evidently

Another decent batting performance in 2nd but if only with the 100 runs for the last 2 worcester wickets. What a bloody shame. The pitch getting easier so will almost certainly have to play safe tomorrow before maybe pushing for late win. But can't see a 'sporting' declaration.

Absolute joke of a performance. Opportunity to push for a win being pissed away

shows what I know - that is a very sporting declaration I think!

This 'cricket' story is on the front page of The Times of India today. (I was given a free copy on the train before popping to the Taj Mahal this afternoon):
    IMG_20190703_110245.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    This 'cricket' story is on the front page of The Times of India today. (I was given a free copy on the train before popping to the Taj Mahal this afternoon):
    I went to India but didn't see the Taj Mahal. I was too scared to leave my hotel room. Think I'm a bit Agraphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I went to India but didn't see the Taj Mahal. I was too scared to leave my hotel room. Think I'm a bit Agraphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Absolute joke of a performance. Opportunity to push for a win being pissed away
    Barring a late collapse by Durham, their match with Lancashire is going to end in a draw. This would mean that the only side to get more points than us in this round of fixtures would be Northants, who were bottom before they did us a favour by thrashing Sussex. With three to go up, every side in the division will still think they can be promoted, so, until teams are in a win or bust situation, you aren't going to see many "sporting declarations" because the risk of losing the points you get for a draw is too high.

Therefore, we are at an advantage because we have the points on the board. Given the way the division is shaping up, I think we will probably go up if we can win two of our last five games, but if we get overtaken by a few sides in the coming weeks, the flat pitches being produced for home games will make that task so much harder.

Bad injury news for Glamorgan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/48879359

Also, a big and very quick hundred by Aneurin Donald for Hampshire today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/48866196

International

Is there some special reason there is no glamorgan game for a whole week? Or have I misread the fixtures,

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Is there some special reason there is no glamorgan game for a whole week? Or have I misread the fixtures,
    Glammy have been constantly playing over the past six weeks and as a consequence have played more games than most in their division. They were due a break.

Interesting, and unexpected, addition to Glamorgan's coaching staff for the upcoming T20 matches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa4u...em-uploademail

Glos heading to a win, Derby too. How on earth are Middlesex this bad?

Ladies Wimbledon Final apart, not a great day for sports watching really today, so I'll spend some of it watching Glamorgan's latest four day match against Middlesex who are batting after winning the toss - Middlesex 20-0 and Glamorgan set for a long day in the field if earlier matches at the ground are anything to go by;-

https://www.glamorgancricket.com/gla...19/live-stream

Maybe I was wrong about a long day in the field? Middlesex 35-2 with a couple of wickets for Carey.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Maybe I was wrong about a long day in the field? Middlesex 35-2 with a couple of wickets for Carey.
    No you were right, the lower order doing some damage for Middlesex. Best we can hope for is another draw already then!

Not a good day and getting worse.

Jeez getting much worse at 24/4

Really good performance so far today. Seem to have really lacked intensity yesterday, but nice to see a good partnership and the fight back in the team today. Long way to go and we're still in trouble, but a big partnership from Cooke and Lloyd would be a huge help

Really good performance so far today. Seem to have really lacked intensity yesterday, but nice to see a good partnership and the fight back in the team today. Long way to go and we're still in trouble, but a big partnership from Cooke and Lloyd would be a huge help
    You spoke too soon

148/8. Heading for our first Championship defeat of the season

I take that back 😂😂. Really poor from Glamorgan

I take that back ����. Really poor from Glamorgan
    This has been the first four day game all season where we've played at something like 2018's miserable standards and, although our record in the 50 over competition wasn't great, we were competitive in that tournament throughout. We've generally had Middlesex's measure in the one day stuff in recent years, but play them in the four day stuff and they always dominate us. None of us would have been expecting a promotion challenge which is going to go into the last month of the campaign back in April, so I'm not going to get too critical about what is happening in our latest match.