Thought I'd leave the posting today to others after our collapse yesterday, glad I did!
Great credit to Hogan and van Gugten who must have bowled fantastically well today and few would have blamed them if we would have come up short after our batsmen did their usual.

Interesting stats by Pearcey and also the one day mentality for the four day game, something which I agree with.
In fact we aren't the only ones to fall foul of this mindset as it's something I have felt has crept into the game in the last 10 to 20 years.
I have not checked any figures but how many Test matches go the full 5 days these days like they did "back in the day"? Far fewer I'd wager.
Whether it is to do directly with the many limited overs games played these days or the fielding sides perhaps are far better than the batsmen, or the pitches favour the bowlers (or even poor concentration span for anything other than a playsstation??) the ability of batsmen to see off the main bowling attack before building an innings seems to have been lost.

Whatever the reason, proper cricket i.e. 4&5 days is what we should be targeting as a county and hopefully our promising bunch of youngsters will not be forced to ply their trade elsewhere.
More hours in the nets with "proper" coaches in the close season would be a start!