+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 74 of 221 FirstFirst ... 24646566676869707172737475767778798081828384124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 5521

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Haha. Lovely stuff. I have been watching the highlights on the Glammy site and it really is very enjoyable to see the celebrations when they pick up wickets. A terrific win. Labuschagne is having a special season but we will lose him for the Ashes. By then he may well have got to a 1000 first class runs this season. When did a Glammy player last do that?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Lloyd fails again. Very good team this year. In danger of being hamstrung by the coach and his useless captain.

He’s doing ok. Picking up some crucial wickets and chipping in with some runs here and there.

Worth remembering the top three go up this season. We now have a real chance.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    YYYEEESSSS!!! We are top of the league
    That's something I don't anyone would have predicted in the four day game going into July. I thought Glamorgan's chance had gone when play was called off early yesterday, but that was a great bowling performance to leave us with a not too demanding target. Home to Worcestershire on Sunday in the first match at Cardiff in ages, let's hope it's a better pitch than the one against Northants in April.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That's something I don't anyone would have predicted in the four day game going into July. I thought Glamorgan's chance had gone when play was called off early yesterday, but that was a great bowling performance to leave us with a not too demanding target. Home to Worcestershire on Sunday in the first match at Cardiff in ages, let's hope it's a better pitch than the one against Northants in April.
    TOP OF THE LEAGUE......
    My God, I think I have a nose bleed

Everywhere I've seen only shows one getting promoted on the table

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Everywhere I've seen only shows one getting promoted on the table
    Only one team is being relegated from division one this season but three are going up from division two. So next season it will be a 10/8 split instead of 8/10.

Glammy have already surpassed their points total from last season with six games to go. Last season they managed just 92 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Glammy have already surpassed their points total from last season with six games to go. Last season they managed just 92 points.
    Was just about to say the same thing. Almost doubled our batting bonus points aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Was just about to say the same thing. Almost doubled our batting bonus points aswell.
    Wonderful stuff. Cracking team spirit and another win. This morning didn't really believe we would win but when glos were 4 down I had an inkling but to see it through was fantastic. At last an overseas player delivering with runs. And how well has hogan bowled in this match. Back to hogan of a few summers ago. Come on glammy!!

"cracking team spirit" is exactly my thoughts.
    No superstar overseas player. Everyone playing for the team

Totally agree about the pitch. With the form and confidence the team have at present it would be nice to see a result wicket for the next game. Hopefully Durham can finish off Sussex Tomorrow, then carry their performance into their game with Lancashire next week

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Yesterday's highlights -
    https://youtu.be/lNZSWva9-xc
    Thanks Clive, just watched the highlights of all four days - Lloyd's current batting stance and technique looks doomed to fail to me, both of his dismissals looked awful.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    "cracking team spirit" is exactly my thoughts.
    No superstar overseas player. Everyone playing for the team
    Surely Marnus qualifies as a superstar! Best batsman in the country so far this season, and that 80 yesterday was massive in winning us the game. But very true about the whole team playing well, we've had a lot of players putting their hands up when needed this year. Cullen and Douthwaite are the 2 massive surprises for me, they've been fantastic. Would be great to stay top for the rest of the year

Sussex looking on their way to defeat at 160-7.

Sussex looking on their way to defeat at 160-7.
    Huge result for us. leaves us around 20 points clear of 3rd place, and 34 ahead of 3rd.

Come on then glammy. Real test today against a very good side.

Charlie Hemphrey is missing from this game because his wife is expecting a baby, so Owen Morgan moves up to open with Nick Selman - decent start for Glamorgan on 33-0 after being put in to bat.

There's a live stream of the game here if anyone's interested;-

https://www.glamorgancricket.com/gla...19/live-stream

Charlie Hemphrey is missing from this game because his wife is expecting a baby, so Owen Morgan moves up to open with Nick Selman - decent start for Glamorgan on 33-0 after being put in to bat.

There's a live stream of the game here if anyone's interested;-

https://www.glamorgancricket.com/gla...19/live-stream
    As soon as i followed the link 80 without loss then Morgan out!
    Gonna turn over and watch England v India!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    As soon as i followed the link 80 without loss then Morgan out!
    Gonna turn over and watch England v India!
    I switched on the England game and saw Bairstow out to the second ball I watched and then Selman went to the first ball I saw as I started watching Glamorgan after lunch - it's been happening to me all season, if you're in the field struggling to make a breakthrough, all you got to do is call me and I'll take a wicket for you in no time!

Glamorgan 183-2.

I switched on the England game and saw Bairstow out to the second ball I watched and then Selman went to the first ball I saw as I started watching Glamorgan after lunch - it's been happening to me all season, if you're in the field struggling to make a breakthrough, all you got to do is call me and I'll take a wicket for you in no time!

Glamorgan 183-2.

290-2 Labuschagne 105, Lloyd 66 and looking good for maximum batting points, but is this shaping up to be another Cardiff road like the one we had against Northants?

Glamorgan 183-2.

Thanks for the update, I ain't looking!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Thanks for the update, I ain't looking!
    I was listening and feeling very happy and comfortable.

I went away to make a mug of tea - and came back to a batting collapse! 295-5 FFS!

Where did that come from?