+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 221 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080130 ... LastLast

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint! View Post
    Surprisingly, the attendance was actually 6300.
    Blimey. Much better than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I feel sorry for Lloyd. He has been in hopeless form for a year now. He should be nowhere near the side. Hampshire were off to a flier whilst we lost two wickets in the first over. It's a sorry state of affairs. May not bother with the Somerset game next Saturday. No overseas player either. Any idea what the attendance was tonight? Doubt if it was more than 3000.
    I watched the seconds play at St Fagans in a 20/20 game last Monday, Lloyd was dropped by the wicket keeper off the first ball he faced and scrambled the only run he scored from it, only to be caught behind two balls later.

Good crowd in but as expected the visitors played all the cricket and you wonder how many will keep returning. In their first few overs Hants whacked it all over the ground whereas we treated every delivery like an unexploded grenade. They won by 22 runs, it was just never a competitive match. Unfortunately I've got a T20 season ticket but there's always the bar.

Some good stuff from Bailey, McManus and Vince from Hants, but also from Wagg.

He was the only one to stack the spinners and use his feet. Very disappointed in how placid our batsmen were with the spin. It's simple at Sofia.
    Use your feet get down the pitch and hit hard and straight to the short boundaries.

Still enjoyed a couple of hours with my son and there's always a pleasant atmosphere at the cricket. A laid back contrast to the stress of the footy in a few weeks

Will go to as many as I can - win or lose

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

He was the only one to stack the spinners and use his feet. Very disappointed in how placid our batsmen were with the spin. It's simple at Sofia.
    Use your feet get down the pitch and hit hard and straight to the short boundaries.

Still enjoyed a couple of hours with my son and there's always a pleasant atmosphere at the cricket. A laid back contrast to the stress of the footy in a few weeks

Pretty much sums up my thoughts aswell.
    I've been taking my son on and off for about 4 or 5 years now. He thinks he's seen us win once!
    Can't see the crowds staying as high as last night's attendance either- think it was boosted by the £10 offer and they'll struggle to sell as many at £15+

Surprisingly, the attendance was actually 6300.
    That surprises me as well

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

You are making me feel guilty Tim. Like you I take my lads and enjoy doing so. We will turn up next Saturday night. I just feel a bit disillusioned with the complete lack of direction at the club. We know Glammy are never going to match the best sides but we are going backwards.

First Team

You are making me feel guilty Tim. Like you I take my lads and enjoy doing so. We will turn up next Saturday night. I just feel a bit disillusioned with the complete lack of direction at the club. We know Glammy are never going to match the best sides but we are going backwards.
    I think that Lawnmower has summed it up nicely there.
    We all have to accept that Glamorgan are and will remain poor for a while yet.
    However, it remains a pleasant way to welcome the weekend, family friendly and a way to support and generate interest in local sport.
    The stuff that has us tearing out hair out is back shortly so let's make the most of this gentle interlude.

It's a bit easier for me than you Mike.
    If I had the journey you had to make I doubt I'd be at more than 1 or 2 a year mate.

7/2 off 3.4 overs against Sussex. Says it all.

Lloyd made 3 off 13 balls. It's not his fault he is being picked but it's gone on too long now. I gather after the Cheltenham debacle the players had a football training session. I have no idea whether that's true but they should be working their arses off to improve.

Lloyd made 3 off 13 balls. It's not his fault he is being picked but it's gone on too long now. I gather after the Cheltenham debacle the players had a football training session. I have no idea whether that's true but they should be working their arses off to improve.
    Is that true, football training session? So the management think that fitness is the issue here?
    I'd have had them all in the nets for the whole two days missed working on their techniques. It's cricket skills they need to brush up on ffs, batsmen and bowler alike!

Not sure how many are down there today but those who are don't go just for the cricket that's for sure
    ☀🍹🍺

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Is that true, football training session? So the management think that fitness is the issue here?
    I'd have had them all in the nets for the whole two days missed working on their techniques. It's cricket skills they need to brush up on ffs, batsmen and bowler alike!

Not sure how many are down there today but those who are don't go just for the cricket that's for sure
    ☀🍹🍺
    Mac. I read it on the Glamorgan cricket messageboard. I hope it's not true because as you say they should be in the bloody nets. Now 132/2 with 5 overs to go. Ingram and Rudolph doing well after such a poor start. We need 200 especially with Wright and Nash opening for Sussex.

198/3 in the end. Ingram 101 not out and a good innings from Cooke. Great recovery after another dreadful start. However Wright and Nash can destroy the opposition so they need to out quickly

198/3 in the end. Ingram 101 not out and a good innings from Cooke. Great recovery after another dreadful start. However Wright and Nash can destroy the opposition so they need to out quickly
    198 will take that
    Good for travelling fans to see a 'game'

I've slagged our batsmen off all season, and rightly so, but Colin Ingram is one of the best limited overs batsmen out there - cracking knock, 101 off 47.

Let's hope the bowlers can get us over the line.

I've slagged our batsmen off all season, and rightly so, but Colin Ingram is one of the best limited overs batsmen out there - cracking knock, 101 off 47.

Let's hope the bowlers can get us over the line.
    Hogan 2/2. Sussex 27/2 off 3.3. Need to get Luke Wright out

Sussex 97/3'off 11. Wright is still in. If he stays until the end we lose. Need to get him out.

Sussex 97/3'off 11. Wright is still in. If he stays until the end we lose. Need to get him out.
    43 required off 2.1.... gotta be over Shirley Pearcey?

24 off 1.2

Wright gone!!

This is Glammy but Shirley.....

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    43 required off 2.1.... gotta be over Shirley Pearcey?

24 off 1.2
    Wright gone. Yesss. Nearly there but Chris Jordan is a big hitter. We really should win though with 23 required off Hogan.

Glammy win by 18 runs. Brilliant from Ingram. It's got to the stage where he might as well open the innings with Rudolph as we lose the first wicket almost immediately anyway.
    Hopefully we can have some good weather and a decent crowd for Somerest next Saturday night. It will be good to drive to the game without all that Friday night traffic.

I switched the commentary on to hear Edward Bevan saying Sussex needed thirty four to win when they really needed ten less than that and then he said that's gone for six, only for Wright to be caught a second or two later.

Famous last words, but I think Glamorgan are a middling one day side and so I'd expect them to finish their normal fourth or fifth in this group, but I reckon there isn't a worse batting or spin bowling team in the four day game than us.

Well done glammy especially Ingram

Bevan should have been pensioned off years ago (if he should ever have had the job in the first place). It's embarrassing to listen to him.
    Well done Glammy though.