+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 72 of 223 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 5572

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Win the league?
    You do remember this is Glamorgan we are talking about?
    Lancashire also have Jimmy, Bailey, Gleeson, Onions, Mahmood as a seam attack. There's no way they aren't winning the league with their bowlers, as well as Vilas, Livingstone, Jennings, Lehmann with the bat. How they managed to get relegated last summer is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Wow, it's been some time since we've seen that. Looks good though, even if only for a day!
    It does look good though. Having that 1 next to the name- top of the table, and a very different team (bowling attack anyway) this time than their last win v derby

That’s the most impressive Glammy performance in a long long time. Very encouraging. Maynard should never have been demoted way back in 2010. We were denied promotion that season because of the weather. Perhaps this time around he may be able to complete the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    That’s the most impressive Glammy performance in a long long time. Very encouraging. Maynard should never have been demoted way back in 2010. We were denied promotion that season because of the weather. Perhaps this time around he may be able to complete the job.
    I've always thought the same about Maynard's removal - we've not come remotely close to matching our four day performance in the season he was dismissed since then. As you say, an excellent win today - good to see Hogan among the wickets and the Northants commentator was saying that DeLange was the quickest bowler he'd seen in the Second Division this season.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I've always thought the same about Maynard's removal - we've not come remotely close to matching our four day performance in the season he was dismissed since then. As you say, an excellent win today - good to see Hogan among the wickets and the Northants commentator was saying that DeLange was the quickest bowler he'd seen in the Second Division this season.
    Yep Hogan rolling back the years. Of all the bowlers he will benefit most from rotation. Good to see Cullen taking five catches today to go with his half century. Lloyd and Carlson could do with some runs.
    De Lange does have that extra bit of pace and if he can stay fit will cause damage.

Looking at the division Lancs and Sussex look the strongest outfits but we have nothing to fear from the others. With three going up we have a real chance.

A weird innings by Glamorgan after being inserted by Derbyshire in what seemed very bowler friendly conditions at Swansea yesterday. After losing Selman in the first over, every batsman has got to at least twenty seven, but no one has got more than forty three.

Currently 215-7 - it's hard to know how good or bad a score that is until the other side has a go at batting, but it is a fair bit more than I was expecting us to get when play began.

EDIT - Cullen just out for six, so the sequence is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A weird innings by Glamorgan after being inserted by Derbyshire in what seemed very bowler friendly conditions at Swansea yesterday. After losing Selman in the first over, every batsman has got to at least twenty seven, but no one has got more than forty three.

Currently 215-7 - it's hard to know how good or bad a score that is until the other side has a go at batting, but it is a fair bit more than I was expecting us to get when play began.

EDIT - Cullen just out for six, so the sequence is broken.
    I came down after tea yesterday and seen 8 overs so far today. pitch looks to be offering a lot to seamers and spinners from what I've seen. Fair to say the glamor tail is Wagging, 61 so far the partnership between wagg and Carey. 278/8

50 for wagg. Maynard needs to wise up and get him at last 2 places higher in the order. Absolutely moronic to have him coming in at 9

317-8 100 partnership for Wagg and Carey. Seems likely that the wicket is not doing a lot so hopefully we can get to 350 and then see what happens. A draw the most likely result.

321-8, Wagg 52 and Carey 41 in a partnership worth 104 at the moment.

Agree about Wagg's batting, he's been in good form this season and his reward is being dropped down the order!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    317-8 100 partnership for Wagg and Carey. Seems likely that the wicket is not doing a lot so hopefully we can get to 350 and then see what happens. A draw the most likely result.
    the wickets doing a fair bit. Carey's swinging hard, been dropped and had a fair few edges. We batted well yesterday in challenging conditions. derbyshire look a bit disheartened now and the 2 batsman are going hard.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    the wickets doing a fair bit. Carey's swinging hard, been dropped and had a fair few edges. We batted well yesterday in challenging conditions. derbyshire look a bit disheartened now and the 2 batsman are going hard.
    Just based my assumption on the Nos 9 and 10 both having the top scores of the innings although I hear what you say about Wagg and his position in the batting lineup. Will have to wait to see hoe Derbyshire bat.

150 partnership, 368-8 with Wagg 86, Carey 51.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    Just based my assumption on the Nos 9 and 10 both having the top scores of the innings although I hear what you say about Wagg and his position in the batting lineup. Will have to wait to see hoe Derbyshire bat.
    Totally agree, the amount of starts up the order plus the scores by 9/10 suggest a good pitch. The amount of Nicks and plays and misses suggest there may be something in it. Hopefully if there is something to be found, Hogan and Carey can exploit it early on

Wagg 100, 384-8.

Caught the ball after reaching his century, on the boundary going for another 6. Couple of overs of carnage from Carey and Hogan with bat , followed by a couple of wickets each before tea would be nice

So close to maximum batting points great effort. Sadly the bowlers not getting much joy though

Maybe the pitch is a bit flat!! seems that yesterday was a lot tougher to bat than today. Hopefully we can get 3 or 4 wickets tomorrow morning and get back on the front foot

Wagg needs to be coming in at 6 or 7

Not such a good day - not takena wicket all day! Grammy could end up chasing a total on the last day to save the game

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Not such a good day - not takena wicket all day! Grammy could end up chasing a total on the last day to save the game
    Derby could get in a position to set a total of about 200/250 in the last session and see if they get lucky.

504-4 at the close, Derby can win this, but it looks like another very flat pitch for a home four day game.

This should still be a draw though. The weather forecast suggests there may be a delayed start. I would have thought Derbyshire would want to build a lead of 200 and try and bowl Glammy out inside two sessions. That’s a big ask and Glammy have enough in form batsmen to see it through.

Poor captaincy from Lloyd today. Owen Morgan has only bowled ten overs and yet was the most economical. Surely on a flat track you don’t flog the pace bowlers and give the spinner a decent go.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    This should still be a draw though. The weather forecast suggests there may be a delayed start. I would have thought Derbyshire would want to build a lead of 200 and try and bowl Glammy out inside two sessions. That’s a big ask and Glammy have enough in form batsmen to see it through.

Poor captaincy from Lloyd today. Owen Morgan has only bowled ten overs and yet was the most economical. Surely on a flat track you don’t flog the pace bowlers and give the spinner a decent go.
    I was listening to the start of the Derbyshire innings on Wednesday and, quite rightly it seemed to me, the commentators were having a go at Lloyd for setting fields which were too attacking. There were five slips for Hogan when he opened the bowling and, untypically for him, his first three overs went for twenty nine runs as our opponents were allowed to get off to a flying start - in particular, Godelman, who had been in awful form this season in the four day game but now finds himself 211 not out.

Glammy going like a train. 44 wanted with 9 wickets in hand.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO44873