+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Another poor day with Leics at 279/5. Leics are a weak side but could rack up 400 here albeit at a slow old rate. Still no TVDG,Wagg or Bragg.
    I gather Rudolph dropped the Leics opener early on. He went on to make 87. Is there no end to Rudolph's talents?
    If Leicester can reach 400+, I fancy another innings defeat.
    Against a very poor side. Minor Counties here we come.....

First Team

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    If Leicester can reach 400+, I fancy another innings defeat.
    Against a very poor side. Minor Counties here we come.....
    That could be nearer the truth than you think.
    As seen with the T20 fiasco the powers want to dismantle the current set up . There are some rumblings amongst the counties as they have twigged that what happens in the short forms will eventually cross over into the extended version.

Glamorgan are likely to miss out on a T20 slot with my guess that there will be a West franchise with Sophia Gardens maybe getting the odd game.

Once this franchise set up is up and running I have little doubt the Royal London competition will follow before the County Championship gets the same treatment .

Glamorgan don't make an attractive proposition on more than one front and if they are competing for one slot with say Somerset & Gloucestershire then I don't fancy their chances.

The writing is on the wall for more than one county and the eagerness to snatch at the money being offered for the t20 is seen as a lifeline but it may well turn out to be a poisoned chalice.