+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Northants 611-4 - coming up to lunch on the fourth day and only twelve wickets have fallen in the game so far.

Rob Newton, who scored a century yesterday, on the pitch provided for this game;-

"It's a poor pitch in my opinion, there's nothing in it for the bowlers, there's not that much enjoyment in the batting since it's so slow and low, it's about sticking it out.

I'm sure anyone watching will agree it's a poor pitch, the kind of pitch they're trying to ease out of the game, it's not much fun for anyone watching or playing."

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Northants 611-4 - coming up to lunch on the fourth day and only twelve wickets have fallen in the game so far.

Rob Newton, who scored a century yesterday, on the pitch provided for this game;-

"It's a poor pitch in my opinion, there's nothing in it for the bowlers, there's not that much enjoyment in the batting since it's so slow and low, it's about sticking it out.

I'm sure anyone watching will agree it's a poor pitch, the kind of pitch they're trying to ease out of the game, it's not much fun for anyone watching or playing."
    Absolutely agree.

If wickets fall on day 1 the ecb pitch inspectors are at grounds like a shot! When pitches like this are produced they have nothing to say. I was there yesterday- given the choice I'd rather an unpredictable wicket than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Absolutely agree.

If wickets fall on day 1 the ecb pitch inspectors are at grounds like a shot! When pitches like this are produced they have nothing to say. I was there yesterday- given the choice I'd rather an unpredictable wicket than that.
    736-8 now.

Very good point about pitch inspectors. If a pitch is dangerous, then fair enough, but sides get docked points for pitches which turn - the pitch for this match is far worse for cricket than a bowler friendly one is.