+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 68 of 221 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 5521

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Let's not knock it. Easy paced or not 433-4 is a great start and beyond our wildest dreams. Let's pile them on and apply the old scoreboard pressure on Northants.

Three centurions in day one. Blimey

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just watched the final session of play - Glamorgan 433-4 with Carlson making it three centuries in one day (is that a county record I wonder?). A couple of notes of caution though, it looks a very easy paced batting wicket, so Northants will be confident of doing something similar when they bat and second, we scored over 500 in our first innings of last season and we all know how that turned out .

Oh yes

Blaenrhondda Bowling green is right by the football pitch, but my team in that sport play down the road in Treorchy - a City supporting old school mate plays for them and I went to watch them last season.
    You really are sport mad aren't you, and to think my advice was meant to be humorous

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I doubt many saw that coming and to score that many runs in less than 100 overs is impressive.
    Bit early to get carried away I know but runs has been a big problem for us this last few seasons and even if Nothants do the same, it can only be positive for the new regime.

Just watched the final session of play - Glamorgan 433-4 with Carlson making it three centuries in one day (is that a county record I wonder?). A couple of notes of caution though, it looks a very easy paced batting wicket, so Northants will be confident of doing something similar when they bat and second, we scored over 500 in our first innings of last season and we all know how that turned out .

Blaenrhondda Bowling green is right by the football pitch, but my team in that sport play down the road in Treorchy - a City supporting old school mate plays for them and I went to watch them last season.
    Having thought about it further, I can tell you that the feat of three hundreds in a day had been achieved once before - in August 11th 1990 - when, on the opening day of Glamorgan’s Championship match with Nottinghamshire at Worksop Town CC, Hugh Morris (110), Matthew Maynard (115) and Viv Richards (127) each scored hundreds.

The fact that this information has appeared on Glamorgan's website overnight is pure coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I doubt many saw that coming and to score that many runs in less than 100 overs is impressive.
    Bit early to get carried away I know but runs has been a big problem for us this last few seasons and even if Nothants do the same, it can only be positive for the new regime.
    Sure you've had a look at the scorecard but when Labuschagne was out in 66 overs it was 260-4. Added 170 from last 30. Maybe a decent shout to reinstate Carlson to line up!

Having thought about it further, I can tell you that the feat of three hundreds in a day had been achieved once before - in August 11th 1990 - when, on the opening day of Glamorgan’s Championship match with Nottinghamshire at Worksop Town CC, Hugh Morris (110), Matthew Maynard (115) and Viv Richards (127) each scored hundreds.

The fact that this information has appeared on Glamorgan's website overnight is pure coincidence.
    Bob how can you watch it or did you go to the last sesssion ?

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    Bob how can you watch it or did you go to the last sesssion ?
    All home games are live streamed, its a fixed camera though so you only see the pitch.

https://www.glamorgancricket.com/stream.html

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    All home games are live streamed, its a fixed camera though so you only see the pitch.

https://www.glamorgancricket.com/stream.html
    thank you i spend a lot of time at home due to ill health will be watching that

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    Sure you've had a look at the scorecard but when Labuschagne was out in 66 overs it was 260-4. Added 170 from last 30. Maybe a decent shout to reinstate Carlson to line up!
    Carlson was always going to play this game, the fact that he could play for Cardiff University meant that the game could give some practice to 13 Glamorgan players (including prem sisodiya).

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Carlson was always going to play this game, the fact that he could play for Cardiff University meant that the game could give some practice to 13 Glamorgan players (including prem sisodiya).
    Didn't realise that. Thanks for clarifying. Decent morning.

Northants 231-0 in reply to Glamorgan's 570-8 - anyone remember this game from twenty six years ago ?

http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/AR...05JUL1993.html

Northants 231-0 in reply to Glamorgan's 570-8 - anyone remember this game from twenty six years ago ?

http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/AR...05JUL1993.html
    Remember it very well.

I went to the first 2 days. Can't remember what the score was after day 1 but remember wanting to go today 2 just to see how long we'd bat for.
    Dale wasn't too far off England selection at the time, but was probably playing on the wrong side of the bridge to get selected. I think he ended up going on one England A tour.

Adrian Dale was a class act and a really nice bloke. Was lucky enough to play against him a couple of times in club cricket when he would turn out for Chepstow. He recently played for New Zealand over 50s in the World Cup including a game against Wales in Sydney Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Remember it very well.

I went to the first 2 days. Can't remember what the score was after day 1 but remember wanting to go today 2 just to see how long we'd bat for.
    Dale wasn't too far off England selection at the time, but was probably playing on the wrong side of the bridge to get selected. I think he ended up going on one England A tour.
    Aw 1993! Great times they were. Can name that whole squad and their approximate averages easily.

Memories of the sunday league- huge games of top players totally packed out in ebbw vale, pontypridd, neath and even pentyrch.

The games felt massive and a glammy game was a real occasion- be it cardiff swansea or above. So different to now. Its either empty there (i mean 99% empty) or an after work night out piss up with the cricket as a show.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Aw 1993! Great times they were. Can name that whole squad and their approximate averages easily.

Memories of the sunday league- huge games of top players totally packed out in ebbw vale, pontypridd, neath and even pentyrch.

The games felt massive and a glammy game was a real occasion- be it cardiff swansea or above. So different to now. Its either empty there (i mean 99% empty) or an after work night out piss up with the cricket as a show.
    Maynard getting a century against the Aussies in a tour match (back in the days when touring teams played 3 or 4 day matches against county teams).
    Got him selected for the test team only to be out for a duck.

Maynard getting a century against the Aussies in a tour match (back in the days when touring teams played 3 or 4 day matches against county teams).
    Got him selected for the test team only to be out for a duck.
    Yes that was at neath. Live on bbc wales tv also.

They were great days watching Glamorgan. Taking a cool bag up to Sophia Gardens loaded with food and cans sitting there all day in the sunshine.
    The trips to Swansea, Ebbw Vale, Llanelli, Neath, Pontypridd and Colwyn Bay, the latter usually against Lancashire.

I remember a Sunday league game at Neath, I think vs Essex, we were comfortable we left them 27 to win off the last with Glamorgan and England's Steve Watkin bowling the last over.
    They got 'em!

Only Glammy

Remember it very well.

After my father died in 1991, my mother had a rough time of it for a year or two, but was more like her old self by the summer of 93 and got quite into Glamorgan (mainly because Viv Richards was playing for us). Nevertheless, it came as a real surprise to me when I casually mentioned that I was going to the cricket the next day and she asked if she could come along too. So it was, she was thrilled to see Viv and Adrian Dale bat for most of that first day against Middlesex and ,if anything, she enjoyed her visit to Abergavenny to watch us against Gloucestershire I think it was a few weeks later even more.

I only went to the first day of the Middlesex match, but I can remember meeting up with some people who had been to the third day who were saying how they had been stood by the pavilion at the end of play shouting at Mike Gatting off for killing the game by batting on so long in Middlesex's first innings - there aren't many teams that could have made Gatting look a tactical genius on the fourth day, but Glamorgan managed it .

After my father died in 1991, my mother had a rough time of it for a year or two, but was more like her old self by the summer of 93 and got quite into Glamorgan (mainly because Viv Richards was playing for us). Nevertheless, it came as a real surprise to me when I casually mentioned that I was going to the cricket the next day and she asked if she could come along too. So it was, she was thrilled to see Viv and Adrian Dale bat for most of that first day against Middlesex and ,if anything, she enjoyed her visit to Abergavenny to watch us against Gloucestershire I think it was a few weeks later even more.

I only went to the first day of the Middlesex match, but I can remember meeting up with some people who had been to the third day who were saying how they had been stood by the pavilion at the end of play shouting at Mike Gatting off for killing the game by batting on so long in Middlesex's first innings - there aren't many teams that could have made Gatting look a tactical genius on the fourth day, but Glamorgan managed it .
    As a kid we used to holiday in Port Eynon on the Gower,mainly because Glamorgan would Usually be playing at St Helens (the real home of Glamorgan cricket) while we were there. As it turned out in the summer of 64 Australia were the opponents,as an eight year old l can’t remember anything that happened on the pitch that day ,but still remember the singing and the Australian captain saying in his speech to the crowd after the game ok we’ve lost to Glamorgan what’s new(which l think is the coolest response to defeat I’ve ever heard) and asking the crowd to sing the anthem,a memory that will will stay with me forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    As a kid we used to holiday in Port Eynon on the Gower,mainly because Glamorgan would Usually be playing at St Helens (the real home of Glamorgan cricket) while we were there. As it turned out in the summer of 64 Australia were the opponents,as an eight year old l can’t remember anything that happened on the pitch that day ,but still remember the singing and the Australian captain saying in his speech to the crowd after the game ok we’ve lost to Glamorgan what’s new(which l think is the coolest response to defeat I’ve ever heard) and asking the crowd to sing the anthem,a memory that will will stay with me forever.

http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/AR...04AUG1964.html

http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/AR...05AUG1968.html

Back to the present day- Northants 255/0. Nearly 850 runs scored for 8 wickets. Im here watching and to say the pitch is dead is an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Back to the present day- Northants 255/0. Nearly 850 runs scored for 8 wickets. Im here watching and to say the pitch is dead is an understatement.
    There's lots of runs being scored all over the country in this round of games when the norm this early in the season is to see the seamers prospering - it's beginning to look like the only way there'll be a positive result in our game is if Northants get something over 700 and then bowl us out in a session or two on the final day.

570/8d plays 515/4*. Sounds like some absolutely turgid cricket to be honest, but the same goes for most games this round...