+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Don't look like Glammy will be spending any money on players this season then

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/39219285

Money well spent by cardiff council then

How are they even viable?. Most sports teams would have gone under with such poor attendances, next to zero TV money.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    Money well spent by cardiff council then

How are they even viable?. Most sports teams would have gone under with such poor attendances, next to zero TV money.
    County Cricket isnt a viable business prospect. However the ECB makes money of international attendances and TV money, to create players to play at this level they need a professional circuit.

The ECB needs to fund the clubs at that level to exist. Currently there are half a dozen clubs struggling to cope with that funding.

If it goes the way that clubs go to the Wall then you will have left a handfull of London clubs, Yorkshire and Lancashire. Then the England set-up has too narrow a net.

If Glamorgan go then cricket in Wales effectively follows it. So i think Cardiff Council has done ok to fund a good sporting facility, that brings high level sporting events to the capital.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    County Cricket isnt a viable business prospect. However the ECB makes money of international attendances and TV money, to create players to play at this level they need a professional circuit.

The ECB needs to fund the clubs at that level to exist. Currently there are half a dozen clubs struggling to cope with that funding.

If it goes the way that clubs go to the Wall then you will have left a handfull of London clubs, Yorkshire and Lancashire. Then the England set-up has too narrow a net.

If Glamorgan go then cricket in Wales effectively follows it. So i think Cardiff Council has done ok to fund a good sporting facility, that brings high level sporting events to the capital.
    Cheers, I've often wondered. Even the big ones like yorkshire I've seen post huge losses.