+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

The sad thing about last night was the confirmation that, despite our long tradition of good spin bowling, the best way to ensure victory over Glamorgan these days is to prepare a turning pitch. A friend of mine watched Keiran Bull bowl the second team to a dramatic late win over Worcester at Abergavenny recently, so maybe we could give him a few games when the four day stuff restarts, but I reckon we should be targeting a spinner who, preferably, can bat a bit this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The sad thing about last night was the confirmation that, despite our long tradition of good spin bowling, the best way to ensure victory over Glamorgan these days is to prepare a turning pitch. A friend of mine watched Keiran Bull bowl the second team to a dramatic late win over Worcester at Abergavenny recently, so maybe we could give him a few games when the four day stuff restarts, but I reckon we should be targeting a spinner who, preferably, can bat a bit this winter.
    Absolutely. Salter has been a massive disappointment and is not good enough. I do not see how Salter can have a future contract. Bull has played first team cricket but has been overlooked this season and needs a run of Championship games over the final weeks of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Absolutely. Salter has been a massive disappointment and is not good enough. I do not see how Salter can have a future contract. Bull has played first team cricket but has been overlooked this season and needs a run of Championship games over the final weeks of the season.
    Salter, Morgan and Bull all have contracts to the end of the 2018 season. Signing another spinner is pretty much an admission that neither are (or likely to be) good enough. Would also be another Welshman out of the side. I'd give all them one more season to compete against each other for contract(s).

In any event, with money tight, the priority has to be top order batsmen. Need to replace all of Rudolph, Ingram and Carlson (Uni) in the County Championship next season.

Wagg is the only player, ther than Rudolph, who is out of contract this summer. I think we are a better team with Wagg in it, but if money is tight, the money spent on his contract may have to go on a batsman. You could argue it's about time that Lloyd/Meschede step up to take Wagg's spot anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ger27 View Post
    Salter, Morgan and Bull all have contracts to the end of the 2018 season. Signing another spinner is pretty much an admission that neither are (or likely to be) good enough. Would also be another Welshman out of the side. I'd give all them one more season to compete against each other for contract(s).

In any event, with money tight, the priority has to be top order batsmen. Need to replace all of Rudolph, Ingram and Carlson (Uni) in the County Championship next season.

Wagg is the only player, ther than Rudolph, who is out of contract this summer. I think we are a better team with Wagg in it, but if money is tight, the money spent on his contract may have to go on a batsman. You could argue it's about time that Lloyd/Meschede step up to take Wagg's spot anyway.
    Spot on. Without Ingram in the four day stuff God help our batting next season. We desperately need a high quality batsman.
    Where to start with the others. Salter has had plenty of opportunities in first class cricket and has a bowling average of 50. Morgan and Bull have hardly had any chances and along with Carlson must be included in our outstanding Championship games.
    Sadly Lloyd seems to have gone. His batting average this season in all forms of the game is as bad as a rabbit tail ender. Where is the batting coach? Is there one?

As for Meschede and Wagg they are both bits and pieces players. Wagg deserves another contract but neither are pulling up any trees this season but they are what we can afford.
    Donald needs to become more consistent too or he will go the way of an ever growing list of promising Welsh cricketers who flatter to deceive.