+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 221 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Glamorgan's first pre season match ended on a note that was a throw back to last season and, I fear, a preview of what's to come in the coming months - battling to avoid defeat after a batting collapse. We've spent all winter trying to sign a player in a department where we are relatively strong (seam bowling) and, yet, once again, the real weakness in the side, a brittle and unreliable batting line up, goes unaddressed.

http://www.totalcricketscorer.com/TC....aspx?id=54778

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Glamorgan's first pre season match ended on a note that was a throw back to last season and, I fear, a preview of what's to come in the coming months - battling to avoid defeat after a batting collapse. We've spent all winter trying to sign a player in a department where we are relatively strong (seam bowling) and, yet, once again, the real weakness in the side, a brittle and unreliable batting line up, goes unaddressed.

http://www.totalcricketscorer.com/TC....aspx?id=54778
    Whilst you could well be right ( and I think you probably are) I see that the wicket was shown as wet & green. Clutching at straws at the pre season stage is never a good sign but with Glamorgan it feels as if it's the only way to cope and the season has yet to start officially.

Another long summer in all probability.

We lost but our captain scored 60

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/39411975

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    We have been in the scrappy, bits and pieces season for the last 5-10 years and we will continue to remain there. Its just fan expectation that needs to be tempered.

We are a poorly supported division 2 side, the division 1 sides are moving further away from us. We dont even come close to getting a windfall from T20 as the Welsh public don't generally turn out.

As such fans cannot expect to have a top side. We must hope we can unearth some youngster, sign some cheaper stars, and accept that if/when they perform they will have to leave the club.
    This reminds me so much of just how disheartened I felt when I started supporting the City as a kid in the late 80s. Crowds were shyte and anything remotely resembling talent was sold for a fraction of their true value, meaning we were forever stuck in limbo. We were being raped annually by our owners and other clubs.

To be fair to him, Hammam finally stopped that and gave us the push into the Championship that we so desperately needed. It was also the reason why I couldn't care less about the red kit if it meant we wouldn't return to those soul destroying days.

Sorry to interject - as you were

Marchant de Lange has signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    At long last

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Will hopefully be an excellent addition to our bowling attack.

Do Glamorgan season ticket holders get the opportunity to buy tickets for the ashes in Australia?
    I am going to Melbourne for the boxing day Test and tickets will be at a premium.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Do Glamorgan season ticket holders get the opportunity to buy tickets for the ashes in Australia?
    I am going to Melbourne for the boxing day Test and tickets will be at a premium.
    In answer to your question, no.
    You jammy bastard going over there for the boxing day test. I've tried and tried talking my wife into going over there for it but she's having none of it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    In answer to your question, no.
    You jammy bastard going over there for the boxing day test. I've tried and tried talking my wife into going over there for it but she's having none of it.
    We are visiting the outlaws who are mad cricket fans , when I suggested the Ashes it was a no brainer, couple of days in Melbourne , probably do 2 days at the cricket.Not really a cricket buff but love the atmosphere and the refreshments .

Sadly Glamorgan have become a joke team these days.

Nothing at all to get excited about. Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Sadly Glamorgan have become a joke team these days.

Nothing at all to get excited about. Shame.
    I dunno. We have a decent bowling attack and some good youngsters.If our batsmen improve and they should with Ingram and Cooke playing in the four day stuff we might surprise people but we do seem a bit South African orientated these days.

That is ridiculous. I wondered why Hogan,Wagg and Bragg were not involved in the friendlies. I knew Van Der Gugten was injured but this is mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    That is ridiculous. I wondered why Hogan,Wagg and Bragg were not involved in the friendlies. I knew Van Der Gugten was injured but this is mad.
    This is shocking, even by our standards.
    Looks like cricketeters have gone the way of the modern day footballers, pampered with no balls (no pun intended)

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Hogan played in one of the pre season matches, so he may have got injured then. A few years back there were stories about how the Glamorgan players were now full time pros who began pre season training in something like November, is that still the case? If it is, then you have to say that it's not doing them much good!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Hogan played in one of the pre season matches, so he may have got injured then. A few years back there were stories about how the Glamorgan players were now full time pros who began pre season training in something like November, is that still the case? If it is, then you have to say that it's not doing them much good!
    The bowlers like Wagg and Hogan are getting older now, Still think an attack of DeLange, Carey, Podmore and Meschede, could work out ok.

Batting looks a little better of Rudolph, Selman, Lloyd, Ingram, Cooke, Donald, Carlson , Meschede. I'd say spinners miss out today, With Carlson bowling the overs if required, seeing as its April.

I'd like to see to see a competitive season with some progression from the youngsters. I dont expect a promotion year. Like to see some good cricket in the white ball stuff as well.

Glamorgan win toss and bat, spinners miss out, as expected really.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Glamorgan win toss and bat, spinners miss out, as expected really.
    And they've survived an over - 2 for 0.

Selman out for a duck 3-1

Lloyd out for a duck 9-2

Rudolph out for 9. 9-3

This isnt looking like a good decision to bat.

22-4. Ingram out.