+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 221 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Leics 420 all out, so 270 to avoid the follow on - that's about fifty more than we managed in our highest score so far isn't it?

At last a tidy batting display so far........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO41316

Follow on avoided

GLAMMY all out for 426 last 5 wkts fall for 42

Leicester 69-1 2nd innings

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Leicester 69-1 2nd innings
    Looks odds on a draw

At least we got some batting points

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    At least we got some batting points
    Yep. Good to see Selman and Ingram make centuries

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yep. Good to see Selman and Ingram make centuries
    116-3....Hogan 10-1 off 9 overs

Leicester are dreadfully slow

I can see Leics batting on into the early afternoon before declaring and setting Glammy around 340 off about 60 overs. Odds on a draw or a Leics win.

Leicester now 200-3

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I can see Leics batting on into the early afternoon before declaring and setting Glammy around 340 off about 60 overs. Odds on a draw or a Leics win.
    340 off 60 overs - that should mean Glamorgan all out for about 180 off something like forty overs with no one getting over fifty if we go by past form. If Leicester were to win, it would be a third consecutive win over us for the county that, for me, is the weakest on paper in the competition and they're without their suspended captain for this match.

Given the scores so far, Glamorgan should be able to draw the game quite easily, but their batting record over the past few seasons (especially the last year or so) means that any team which asks them to bat for two sessions on the last day, even on the flattest of pitches, will fancy their chances.

Champions trophy tickets are available again:

England New Zealand in cardiff are up for grabs for 30 quid. A few other english games are as well.

*hint* *hint*

(mine are currently up for resale on there)

https://championstrophy.tickets.icc-cricket.com/

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    340 off 60 overs - that should mean Glamorgan all out for about 180 off something like forty overs with no one getting over fifty if we go by past form. If Leicester were to win, it would be a third consecutive win over us for the county that, for me, is the weakest on paper in the competition and they're without their suspended captain for this match.

Given the scores so far, Glamorgan should be able to draw the game quite easily, but their batting record over the past few seasons (especially the last year or so) means that any team which asks them to bat for two sessions on the last day, even on the flattest of pitches, will fancy their chances.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO41316

Lost a wkt already 11-1 Selman out for 4

28-3 now.
    Going to be a nervy final session.
    My money is on we will be bowled out

If Leics don't win this they only have themselves to blame. They could have declared last night and we still wouldn't have chased it down. I can't believe they batted on for so long.

Match saved.
    Some decent news for a change, things looking a bit better anyway. Go Glammy!!

That's the 4 day format out of the way for a bit, some one day games ahead starting on Thursday away to Gloucestershire

Fixtures

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/t...organ/fixtures

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint! View Post
    If Leics don't win this they only have themselves to blame. They could have declared last night and we still wouldn't have chased it down. I can't believe they batted on for so long.
    Incredibly negative from Leics. Glad they didn't win.

Congrats on making it to 8 overs without being 3 down

**** off
    Currently 72-1 0ff 18

I see our much maligned captain came good today, he batted until the last over as Glamorgan made a useful 277-7 - three early wickets in Gloucester's reply as well, they're currently 46-3 off 15 overs.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I see our much maligned captain came good today, he batted until the last over as Glamorgan made a useful 277-7 - three early wickets in Gloucester's reply as well, they're currently 46-3 off 15 overs.
    A fair drop of rain around the country at the moment. Luckily it haven't affected our game yet.

Again our players look a lot more suited to the shorter format, than to the 4 day game. It seems the game plan works a little better for our players, rather than the more generic dig in and fight out a score needed in four day cricket.

Hopefully Rudolph can carry this innings into the 4 day stuff.

Looks like they are attacking the spinner. Salter goes for 10 off his first over.

126-3 off 28 overs