+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 75 of 223 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 5572

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

[QUOTE=jon1959;4983572]I was listening and feeling very happy and comfortable.

I went away to make a mug of tea - and came back to a batting collapse! 295-5 FFS!

Where did that come from?[/QUOT

And then Lloyd out right at the death. Need another 100 from last 4 tomorrow. 450 always a reasonable 1st innings total. Disappointing finish but decent day overall.

Just returned from the game. A thoroughly enjoyable day.
    Morgan started the more impressive as Selman was scratching around and playing and missing to Leach. After about an hour Selman got his timing right and played well. Morgan started to get a bit bogged down but overall he should be pleased with how he did.

Labuschagne is a much wristier batsman than I expected. He plays some shots late and is a fine cutter of the ball. Gutted for David Lloyd. He battled well from the off and looked very comfortable. A real shame he didn’t get a century.

D’Oliveira did bowl well so Lloyd needs to give Morgan a chance as on a wearing pitch on day four it will be tricky to bat on. Hopefully we can get to 450 tomorrow. Anything less would be disappointing from 293/2.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Just returned from the game. A thoroughly enjoyable day.
    Morgan started the more impressive as Selman was scratching around and playing and missing to Leach. After about an hour Selman got his timing right and played well. Morgan started to get a bit bogged down but overall he should be pleased with how he did.

Labuschagne is a much wristier batsman than I expected. He plays some shots late and is a fine cutter of the ball. Gutted for David Lloyd. He battled well from the off and looked very comfortable. A real shame he didn’t get a century.

D’Oliveira did bowl well so Lloyd needs to give Morgan a chance as on a wearing pitch on day four it will be tricky to bat on. Hopefully we can get to 450 tomorrow. Anything less would be disappointing from 293/2.
    I guess 449 is close enough.

The tail wagged again ( with the exception of Wagg!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I guess 449 is close enough.

The tail wagged again ( with the exception of Wagg!!)
    They've got to be pleased to have got that many after Wagg went so early - batting wasn't easy against Carey and Hogan for Worcester either as they made it to 6-0 at lunch.

Not too bothered about the batting side losing wickets when I'm watching this time - Worcester have lost two wickets in the ten minutes or so I've been looking at the stream and they're 139-4.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not too bothered about the batting side losing wickets when I'm watching this time - Worcester have lost two wickets in the ten minutes or so I've been looking at the stream and they're 139-4.
    Been checking through the day and was a bit concerned that it was taking a while to get the first wicket. Looking ok now after the initial breakthrough 👍

Worcester 183-5 at the close of play.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Worcester 183-5 at the close of play.
    Stop leaving early Paul, it’s 191-5😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Stop leaving early Paul, it’s 191-5������
    I was following on BBC live scores and at close it showed 183-5, same thing yesterday at close it had Glammy at 350 - but this morning it was 354, following it this way there is no way of checking, nevertheless another good day.

Yep Glammy on top. Let’s bowl them out for 300 and then build a big lead. Not sure I would want to see Lloyd enforce the follow on as batting fourth on a wearing pitch will be tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yep Glammy on top. Let’s bowl them out for 300 and then build a big lead. Not sure I would want to see Lloyd enforce the follow on as batting fourth on a wearing pitch will be tricky.
    If the pitch is wearing and Worc. don`t get a foothold I think a lead of 150 is realistic, but it needs a strong fielding effort to see it through, we have given away 28 extras off 69 already. Wayward bowling or pitch again ? I saw Worc. gave away 32extras off 120.

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    If the pitch is wearing and Worc. don`t get a foothold I think a lead of 150 is realistic, but it needs a strong fielding effort to see it through, we have given away 28 extras off 69 already. Wayward bowling or pitch again ? I saw Worc. gave away 32extras off 120.
    And 14 of them no balls. Very unlike glammy. But overall you would definitely have taken this position after 2 days. Press on tomorrow with the remaining 5 wickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    And 14 of them no balls. Very unlike glammy. But overall you would definitely have taken this position after 2 days. Press on tomorrow with the remaining 5 wickets.
    Yeah, bowling has been much tighter this season, that`s why it is sticking out like a sore thumb today. Maybe a few No Balls got smashed for boundries ?

It’s been a poor effort this afternoon. No urgency at all. This is drifting towards a draw although we would still pick up a healthy 13 points from the game.

So frustrating. We've let a really poor player make match defining contributions in both innings. Really thought we were in position to win this, going to be very difficult from here now.

one positive. Sussex need a miracle to avoid defeat in their game. while lancs have slipped to a poor position against Durham

A 79 run lead but the last pair added over 60 runs so should have been so much better. You would say this is going to be a draw but if we can get some quick runs on the board the rest of the day it might put quite some pressure on Worcester on the final day. Will Glammy risk an early declaration to try and go for the win or bat on to ensure the draw?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    A 79 run lead but the last pair added over 60 runs so should have been so much better. You would say this is going to be a draw but if we can get some quick runs on the board the rest of the day it might put quite some pressure on Worcester on the final day. Will Glammy risk an early declaration to try and go for the win or bat on to ensure the draw?
    Would love to see some real attacking intent, 2 big sessions and declare at lunch, I suppose a lot depends on the top 3 and the start they give us

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Would love to see some real attacking intent, 2 big sessions and declare at lunch, I suppose a lot depends on the top 3 and the start they give us
    Hmmmm. Not going well so far!

1 - 1 after one over. Morgan departs.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Hmmmm. Not going well so far!

1 - 1 after one over. Morgan departs.
    At least it gets Marnus to the wicket earlier I suppose 😁

Labuschagne in brilliant form again and reaches 1000 runs for the season. Miles ahead of the rest. When was the last time a Glammy player scored 100 runs by 2nd July? We should have a lead of around 240 by close of play. Look to bat for 90 minutes tomorrow and then try and bowl them out. It will be tough to pull off a win from here.

Glamorgan 137-1 at the close, 216 in front. Only six wickets fell today on another Cardiff pitch which seems to have got easier the longer the game has gone on - hopefully, there can still be a positive result, but I think the pitches for our home games so far have been pretty disappointing so far and another draw has to be favourite at the moment.

[QUOTE=Pearcey3 When was the last time a Glammy player scored 100 runs by 2nd July? [/QUOTE]

Well there’s no need to be that critical Pearcey lad 🤪

It certainly felt like no one reached 100 runs by July last season.