+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Osian roberts- got Como promoted to serie A as manager

Osian roberts- got Como promoted to serie A as manager

Fair play to him.

He was always known as world class for coach development and was a brilliant assistant to speed and Coleman. Obviously the job he did in Morocco is known around the world after what they did in the world cup.

However he's transitioned to the elite level such as viera number 2 at Palace and now a number 1 in Italy really well.

It's such a shame to hear the job he really wanted was wales manager and we have Rob page- undisputededly a league 1 or league 2 quality manager if that in charge.

He's way too good for cardiff city but I would absolutely love him here in any capacity. Number 1 ideally. That ship has sailed probably but there probably moments in the past 10 years where a club like us could have got him.

Re: Osian roberts- got Como promoted to serie A as manager

He is such high quality and well thought of that it would be a shame for him to come to City.

Was already agreed he would focus full time on his head of development role there at the end of the season.

Never really struck me as someone who wants to be the manager.

He'd be fantastic here in any coaching set up. As he would almost at any club tbf.

He is probably pretty happy at como.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Was already agreed he would focus full time on his head of development role there at the end of the season.

He'd be fantastic here in any coaching set up. As he would almost at any club tbf.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49210949

Oh for the good times

Wonder if he drank any Perry to celebrate ?

(One for our older viewers)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

Lake Como or Splott Beach.

I know which one I’d prefer.

Come home Osian.

Apparently this year was littered with some magic moments

Como 1907 have had an interesting past, and I don't think it would be mean to call them a basket case of a club! This makes Roberts' achievement even more remarkable, although they have been financed by an Indonesian tobacco company since 2019. Thierry Henry and Cesc Fabregas are also minority shareholders, which would help explain how he ended up there.