+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 40 of 221 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090140 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 5521

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Glammy win by one run!!!!!!!

phew, watching by bbc text is hard work, like the old ceefax days

Phew, that was close!

I think we've qualified with that aswell. Only Hampshire, Gloucester and Essex can catch us

Actually, maybe not didn't see Surrey at the bottom there

I thought we'd lost that after Hogans last over, great last over from de Lange only 6 come from it

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    Phew, that was close!

Too close! I couldn't watch the updates!

Adding to my earlier post, unless I'm missing something completely here, we've definitely qualified.

Hampshire, Gloucester, Surrey and Essex only teams who can catch us. However, Gloucester play Surrey and obviously both can't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint! View Post
    I think we've qualified with that aswell. Only Hampshire, Gloucester and Essex can catch us

Actually, maybe not didn't see Surrey at the bottom there
    Surrey play Gloucestershire next week, so only one of those two can catch us , plus Hampshire & Essex.

Adding to my earlier post, unless I'm missing something completely here, we've definitely qualified.

Hampshire, Gloucester, Surrey and Essex only teams who can catch us. However, Gloucester play Surrey and obviously both can't win.

Yes Glammy have qualified. Should be a decent crowd on Friday night for the final game v Middlesex, win that & top spot is guaranteed

It also looks like even Middlesex in 9th could still get into the top 4 with a pair of wins...

Yes Glammy have qualified. Should be a decent crowd on Friday night for the final game v Middlesex, win that & top spot is guaranteed
    Well done Glammy for showing some fighting spirit.
    We were beyond bad for the first month of the season and have managed to get minimum top eight in the T20 albeit, IMO, the 'not really cricket' competition.

Whilst it would be nice to win on Friday for fans and confidence, a loss may not be a bad thing as, I'm not sure why, we just don't seem to perform in the T20 at home

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Well done Glammy for showing some fighting spirit.
    We were beyond bad for the first month of the season and have managed to get minimum top eight in the T20 albeit, IMO, the 'not really cricket' competition.

Whilst it would be nice to win on Friday for fans and confidence, a loss may not be a bad thing as, I'm not sure why, we just don't seem to perform in the T20 at home
    Superb win and truly deserved after the bad luck of abandonments against Somerset and Glos. The weather forecast for Friday night looks dodgy yet again. The team deserve decent weather and a good attendance against Middlesex. As you say an away tie might be better Has any team ever qualified for the quarter finals without winning a home game?

How this GLAMMY great never got an England cap I'll never know, saw him take 7-7 once versus Hampshire in the late sixties at the old Arms Park ground

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/40878215

Looks like we're heading for another rained game tonight

The big question is will we see a game tonight.......Weather forecast looks ok this afternoon but could be some showers this evening?

I wonder who'll be the 1000th poster on this thread. My money's on LBlue

Or pearcey

The big question is will we see a game tonight.......Weather forecast looks ok this afternoon but could be some showers this evening?
    Rain forecast for 7-10 let's hope they're wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Rain forecast for 7-10 let's hope they're wrong
    Looks hit or miss to me, let's hope it's miss as I will be on my way at 4ish

On my way into town now, traffic looking awful along Newport Rd.
    Weather's been hit and miss all day, one minute it's howling it down and the next it seems red hot.

The weather forecast looks iffy yet again so giving this one a swerve. Really hoping we get a home quarter final and dry weather as I want to see Glammy play. Only been once this season and saw less than 20 overs in the abandoned game v Somerset.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    The weather forecast looks iffy yet again so giving this one a swerve. Really hoping we get a home quarter final and dry weather as I want to see Glammy play. Only been once this season and saw less than 20 overs in the abandoned game v Somerset.
    We only need a point for a home Quarter Final so advantageous for his one to be called off. Forecast not looking too good so I have delayed going down

We only need a point for a home Quarter Final so advantageous for his one to be called off. Forecast not looking too good so I have delayed going down
    Don't blame you mate. Yep I would take the abandonment tonight and guarantee a home draw and hopefully a really big attendance for next weeks quarter final. It has been an incredibly tight group. Gloucestershire now bottom and Middlesex third. It was the other way around last week.

Oh dear cricket fans abuse as bad as football fans.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/40974447

Way too many permutations tonight to work out who we'll be playing in the quarter finals however I think we could really do without facing Yorkshire, especially after watching their batting performance last night.