+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    A couple of season ago Glamorgan offered a T20 match for free, you simply had to apply for a ticket, the crowd was no larger than usual.
    Yes I remember that but it was the kick off of the T20, the sprat to catch the mackerel.

There have been some big crowds for the T20 since, usually coincided with good weather and being a Friday and I'm not sure they have been performance related.
    I got the impression it was something to do drinking after work rather than just get down to Mill Lane.

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Yes I remember that but it was the kick off of the T20, the sprat to catch the mackerel.

There have been some big crowds for the T20 since, usually coincided with good weather and being a Friday and I'm not sure they have been performance related.
    I got the impression it was something to do drinking after work rather than just get down to Mill Lane.
    The T20 are seen as events, we have 23 people coming down tonight and are looking forward to it.

Glamorgan fans are really fickle, so the powers that be have to budget their playing budget to accommodate this. T20 are the counties cash cow, and when even the club 40 miles down the road charge £5 more (advance and walk up) our fans seem to moan. The bigger clubs charge much more again.