+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Absoute Madness that some people want Bulot out

Absoute Madness that some people want Bulot out

claims this tweet . Looking at these stats from match day 34 I agree !

Re: Absoute Madness that some people want Bulot out

I think most people would accept that our league position is about as good as we could reasonably have expected. The problem has been the style and quality of football on offer, which has mostly been abysmal. I don't say it lightly but I'd cheerfully sacrifice some of our points for something, like yesterday, that is watchable.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    claims this tweet . Looking at these stats from match day 34 I agree !

I’ve just seen this on Twitter, is it you that posted it?

Seems totally pointless to me, we can judge over the entire league table to give a fairer reflection. But it does highlight one of the issues that we seem to go on winning/ losing runs. I’m sure someone could produce a table where we are near the bottom after not winning for what felt like months. Consistency has been a big problem as has the level of performances over the season, which imo is to defensive and generally poor.

I can see why people want him to stay and why some want him to go, but for me that table is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I’ve just seen this on Twitter, is it you that posted it?...

atleast he agree's with his post..what an absolute bell

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    I think most people would accept that our league position is about as good as we could reasonably have expected. The problem has been the style and quality of football on offer, which has mostly been abysmal. I don't say it lightly but I'd cheerfully sacrifice some of our points for something, like yesterday, that is watchable.
    the style of football on offer ?

and our style on offer in the last 2 seasons were a bed of roses too ?

the truth is in reality we could have easily been playing league 1 football this season . last season was easily the worst quality football we have had to endure in the last 20 seasons . some people have short memories it seems

Seems totally pointless to me, we can judge over the entire league table to give a fairer reflection. But it does highlight one of the issues that we seem to go on winning/ losing runs. I’m sure someone could produce a table where we are near the bottom after not winning for what felt like months. Consistency has been a big problem as has the level of performances over the season, which imo is to defensive and generally poor.

[/QUOTE]

It may have seemed like we hadn't won for months but in reality we've only once gone 4 league games in a row this season without winning. By regularly picking up wins and not drawing games this has kept us comfortably in mid table.

As for Bulut, I've had my doubts for most of the season but I now believe he has earned an extension to his contract. If this happens we can only hope that he's learned valuable lessons to put into practice next season.

You’re definitely posting this stuff from inside the compound Mozz.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    You’re definitely posting this stuff from inside the compound Mozz.
    i do apologise on behalf of the Cardiff city board , Errol Bulut and coaching staff of posting anything positive

Shows how much it meant yesterday. https://x.com/cardiffcityfc/status/1...LTsVTx09ZSEfIA

the truth is in reality we could have easily been playing league 1 football this season . last season was easily the worst quality football we have had to endure in the last 20 seasons . some people have short memories it seems
    And that makes the crap we've had to suffer this season acceptable? OK then.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    great scenes

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I’ve just seen this on Twitter, is it you that posted it?

I can see why people want him to stay and why some want him to go, but for me that table is pointless.
    so 19 wins currently this season the most outside the top 6 is a pointless stat too ?

so 19 wins currently this season the most outside the top 6 is a pointless stat too ?
    20 defeats currently, two more than Huddersfield who are 23rd. Another pointless stat?

It would be madness.

I just want a bit of consistency at this point.

Tired of going from manager to manager and rebuilding every season.

I really don't think many in our budget range would have improved on this points tally.

If it doesn't work out he will be gone anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    20 defeats currently, two more than Huddersfield who are 23rd. Another pointless stat?
    And the only team who have drawn less games than us is Leicester who are top- so what does that tell you?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    And the only team who have drawn less games than us is Leicester who are top- so what does that tell you?
    Nothing.

I was just saying in an e-mail that this season has produced three home games that kids who were there to see them will be telling their grandchildren about in fifty years time. Swansea, Ipswich and Southampton were memorable games, but what else has been exciting or memorable about our home season? Colwill’s goal against the wurzels I suppose, but that’s about it I reckon. In fact, about eighty five per cent of the games have been crap. We’ve ground out a series of narrow away wins as well, they’ve made sure relegation has never really been an issue, but, apart from Huddersfield perhaps, what set of supporters would have looked at us and thought they’re a good team? More likely, they would be thinking, they’re rubbish, how did we lose to them?

Interestingly, Bulut made a point of emphasising that he wanted the players to only be positive yesterday, the clear implication being that he usually doesn’t talk like that to the team. Sorry, I don’t think Erol Bulut’s football philosophy will change over the summer and so it’ll likely be more of the same even if we have some better players in - even if we’re doing well, I can see it feeling like the Play Off challenge that nobody realised was happening in Russell Slade’s second season. I’ve got far less footballing winters in front of me than I have behind me and all the last few of them have done is make me realise I should have appreciated the teams from 2007 to 2011 more, even if they were a bunch of bottlers.

A number of fans, including myself, perceive this season to be amongst the worst football they have witnessed from the club in their time as a fan. Why? Maybe it’s because we can often forgive ineptitude if the desire to play to win is there. I think a major issue this year is that fans don’t think their team has set out to try to win. We want to see action in the opposition half.

i do apologise on behalf of the Cardiff city board , Errol Bulut and coaching staff of posting anything positive
    Well Mozz, if we all sat at home and made no attempt to watch live sport and only based our opinions on stats, then you may have an argument. Thing is, we watch in the physical form, we use our eyes, senses and emotions, and that's how it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was just saying in an e-mail that this season has produced three home games that kids who were there to see them will be telling their grandchildren about in fifty years time.
    Steady on…

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Its all an opinion as nobody can tell you what is entertainment, its a personal taste. But what am i missing from the previous 2 seasons that i thought were dreadful, nearly every game to this that has taken some people to extremes where they'd rather gouge their own eyes out with rusty folks then watch this football?
    Whilst we had 2 sh1te spells, we've also had 2 very good ones. What am i missing that was there previously, help?

I suppose it's down to what happened yesterday. Was it a happy accident, with Bulut forced into changes which he will correct next season, or is it a case of 'job done', we're well up in the table, let the shackles off the players and we'll approach next season differently.

I'm leaning towards the former..

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Steady on…
    Swansea wasn’t much of a game, but it was a memorable occasion. As for the other two, I’d rate them up with the best of the last ten years - two added time goals to beat a team that was going top of the league and another added time win against automatic promotion contenders thanks to a goal by a local kid making his first league start would be just the sort of thing that would have had me coming back for more fifty five years ago - they’re memories that can last a lifetime.

A little less so because it’s ranged over the season. Ultimately it’s points and league position that counts though, it means little. I mean does it really matter we have won a game or two more than the 4 above us? What does that show? We lose to many games?

After yesterdays's game, I'd have said that we only needed to replace Meite and Turnbull, and we'd have the makings of a good side. Oh, and playing people like Tanner on the correct side of the pitch.
    The problem is, I'm not sure we can trust Bulut to have taken these facts on board. It might be obvious to most fans, but maybe not to him. I'd love to think that he'll see the error of his ways, and from now on we'll be a forward looking, attacking side, with a promising bunch of youngsters getting plenty of game time, but in reality, I don't think that will happen.