+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 1661

Thread: GLAMMY

  1. #1621

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Glamorgan were beaten by an innings by Durham last month - if they had to bat at Leicester in yesterday's conditions, I wouldn't have bet on them getting a hundred in the game, let alone in an innings.
    45-7. I might have spoken too soon.

  2. #1622

    Re: GLAMMY

    Refreshingly honest comments from Hogan:

    "Hopefully in a few years these guys will be seasoned players, to be frank, some of them won't be, but we'll know which is which".

  3. #1623

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Finally an admission of failure. Alongside Shaun Marsh we need three new specialist batsmen next season. We need two new openers for starters. Then maybe we can bring in someone like Carlson lower down the order to take the pressure off.
    Honestly can't remember what Marsh even looks like. When was he last at the club?

  4. #1624

    Re: GLAMMY

    78 all out .........https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO43233

    Croft please leave ASAP

  5. #1625

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    78 all out .........https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO43233

    Croft please leave ASAP
    Morris needs to go to. The club are an embarrassment. A massive overhaul is required

  6. #1626

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Honestly can't remember what Marsh even looks like. When was he last at the club?
    He was injured in our first home T20 game which would have been early July.

  7. #1627

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Morris needs to go to. The club are an embarrassment. A massive overhaul is required
    I blame this thread!

    Somebody please start another one for next season.


  8. #1628

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    He was injured in our first home T20 game which would have been early July.
    I think he went back to Australia for treatment then but no idea if he came back since. This is the issue with centrally contracted overseas players, with Warner and Smith out Marsh is important for the winter and the reality is he was going to be wrapped in cotton wool. In which case what are we paying for? Were we paying him all Summer?

    He will pop up in the winter fit and healthy and do a job for Australia.

  9. #1629

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Morris needs to go to. The club are an embarrassment. A massive overhaul is required
    Feels like it to me. Morris was head of coaching at the ECB surely he knows enough people in the game to find an adequate replacement for Croft. Maynard appears to have made these kids even worse at batting but who knows how involved he has been.

  10. #1630

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    I think he went back to Australia for treatment then but no idea if he came back since. This is the issue with centrally contracted overseas players, with Warner and Smith out Marsh is important for the winter and the reality is he was going to be wrapped in cotton wool. In which case what are we paying for? Were we paying him all Summer?

    He will pop up in the winter fit and healthy and do a job for Australia.

    I would hope the club had insurance in place to cover the loss of Marsh. It did look like he had a nasty collision at the time.

  11. #1631

    Re: GLAMMY

    I'm opening up a new GLAMMY 2 thread..quicker to get on..

  12. #1632

  13. #1633

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I can’t believe it

    4 youngsters sign new contracts

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/45640632

  14. #1634

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I canít believe it

    4 youngsters sign new contracts

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/45640632
    Bull deserves a chance. Salter has had plenty of chances but sadly isnít good enough.
    Murphy may make it as a batsman. He has done well on occasions this season. Owen Morgan has had so few chances. Brown looked out of his depth.

    Surprised Hogsn didnít enforce the follow in but with Glammy 333 ahead and six wickets in hand we should end the season as we started it with a win.

  15. #1635

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Bull deserves a chance. Salter has had plenty of chances but sadly isn’t good enough.
    Murphy may make it as a batsman. He has done well on occasions this season. Owen Morgan has had so few chances. Brown looked out of his depth.

    Surprised Hogsn didn’t enforce the follow in but with Glammy 333 ahead and six wickets in hand we should end the season as we started it with a win.
    Let’s hope you’re right

  16. #1636

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Bull deserves a chance. Salter has had plenty of chances but sadly isnít good enough.
    Murphy may make it as a batsman. He has done well on occasions this season. Owen Morgan has had so few chances. Brown looked out of his depth.

    Surprised Hogsn didnít enforce the follow in but with Glammy 333 ahead and six wickets in hand we should end the season as we started it with a win.
    Haven't managed to get to see Glammy this season much (thankfully ) so I can't accurately comment on the new contracts given to these youngsters.
    What I will say though is that if the reward for success on the pitch was mirrored in their deals, they will still be dining at MacDonalds and shopping in Aldi for the foreseeable.

    Regarding the decision to bat rather than force the follow on, I think it was the right one.
    After seven successive defeats, even an (unlikely) draw would be seen as progress but I also could see a scenario of our attack being taken to the cleaners and our batsmen crumbling again.

    Another factor, tomorrow weatherwise is the better of the 2 days left to bat... I won't be putting any money on a win mind you!

  17. #1637

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Haven't managed to get to see Glammy this season much (thankfully ) so I can't accurately comment on the new contracts given to these youngsters.
    What I will say though is that if the reward for success on the pitch was mirrored in their deals, they will still be dining at MacDonalds and shopping in Aldi for the foreseeable.

    Regarding the decision to bat rather than force the follow on, I think it was the right one.
    After seven successive defeats, even an (unlikely) draw would be seen as progress but I also could see a scenario of our attack being taken to the cleaners and our batsmen crumbling again.

    Another factor, tomorrow weatherwise is the better of the 2 days left to bat... I won't be putting any money on a win mind you!
    Finally a win. Thank God the season is over. There is already a problem next season as Shaun Marsh is highly likely to be involved in the Ashes series so Morris needs to ensure another overseas batsman is around. We also need to recruit a minimum of another two batsmen. We canít have another season like this.

  18. #1638

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Finally a win. Thank God the season is over. There is already a problem next season as Shaun Marsh is highly likely to be involved in the Ashes series so Morris needs to ensure another overseas batsman is around. We also need to recruit a minimum of another two batsmen. We canít have another season like this.
    Made pretty hard work of it in the end with nearly a ton for the 10th wicket, the tail enders showing up the batsmen on both sides.

    Indeed it has been an awful batting season. Definitely some batsmen needed and ideally an experienced overseas bat.
    From memory our bowlers were decent this year, better than in many I can remember (especially pre-Waqar) but too many times had poor scores to defend.

    Morris has plenty to do this winter.

  19. #1639

    Re: GLAMMY

    uPdAtE...….Carlson been approached by Middlesex (Cant stand Croft and wants to go).....Meschede only offered white ball contract and not happy...Joe Root's brother Billy being lined up to join

  20. #1640

    Re: GLAMMY

    Carlson and Meschede are two out of a few players I've been told are dissatisfied with Croft (Donald was another one) and if Carlson does leave then serious questions need to be asked about the viability of this produce our own players policy when the better ones can't seem to wait to get away from the club under someone like Croft (who would have been sacked for lack of results at many counties ages ago).

    As for Billy Root (top score in all competitions this season of just 41 after a good 2017), he's hardly the experienced performer talked about by the club - many of the younger players already at Glamorgan have probably played more first class cricket than him.

  21. #1641

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Carlson and Meschede are two out of a few players I've been told are dissatisfied with Croft (Donald was another one) and if Carlson does leave then serious questions need to be asked about the viability of this produce our own players policy when the better ones can't seem to wait to get away from the club under someone like Croft (who would have been sacked for lack of results at many counties ages ago).

    As for Billy Root (top score in all competitions this season of just 41 after a good 2017), he's hardly the experienced performer talked about by the club - many of the younger players already at Glamorgan have probably played more first class cricket than him.
    Lets hope this external review comes up with something.

    It is certainly reporting back pretty quickly (October so the report I saw said). From the sound of things it needs to be early October.

    It would be interesting to know who is actually doing this review.

  22. #1642

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Lets hope this external review comes up with something.

    It is certainly reporting back pretty quickly (October so the report I saw said). From the sound of things it needs to be early October.

    It would be interesting to know who is actually doing this review.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/45630555

  23. #1643

    Re: GLAMMY

    Changing the subject slightly, but what a fantastic match at The Oval being shown on Sky. Champions Surrey bowled out for 60 odd first innings and over 400 behind after Essex batted , score 500 second innings leaving Essex 130 to win and Essex get there nine down. Looking forward to watching the highlights of that on Sky tonight. Fair play to Surrey they seem to have a conveyor belt producing quality youngsters at the moment

  24. #1644

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Changing the subject slightly, but what a fantastic match at The Oval being shown on Sky. Champions Surrey bowled out for 60 odd first innings and over 400 behind after Essex batted , score 500 second innings leaving Essex 130 to win and Essex get there nine down. Looking forward to watching the highlights of that on Sky tonight. Fair play to Surrey they seem to have a conveyor belt producing quality youngsters at the moment
    Yes, it was a great watch wasn't it. Surrey have never been a club I've had much time for because I always think of them as a moneybags club and, to a degree, they bought the Championship this year with Morkel, but they also have some very good youngsters - they were the best team by some way this season.

  25. #1645

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandstand Boy View Post
    uPdAtE...….Carlson been approached by Middlesex (Cant stand Croft and wants to go).....Meschede only offered white ball contract and not happy...Joe Root's brother Billy being lined up to join
    You heard it here first! - http://www.glamorgancricket.com/cric...illy-root.html

  26. #1646

  27. #1647

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Carlson and Meschede are two out of a few players I've been told are dissatisfied with Croft (Donald was another one) and if Carlson does leave then serious questions need to be asked about the viability of this produce our own players policy when the better ones can't seem to wait to get away from the club under someone like Croft (who would have been sacked for lack of results at many counties ages ago).

    As for Billy Root (top score in all competitions this season of just 41 after a good 2017), he's hardly the experienced performer talked about by the club - many of the younger players already at Glamorgan have probably played more first class cricket than him.
    Carlson is one of the few young batsmen we have who might make it. If he does go then it reflects very badly on Croft. It would then be certain that it wasn’t only Donald who was disaffected and that there may be a number of others who feel the same way.
    It will also make the policy of promoting young players to the first team look like an absolute shambles.
    It’s right for Morris to step down. Croft should do so as well. We simply cannot have another season as bad as this one in 2019.

  28. #1648

    Re: GLAMMY

    Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I liked the last sentence let’s hope they announce that Croft is going too

  29. #1649

    Re: GLAMMY

    Croft has left. New Director of Cricket and a new Head Coach then.

  30. #1650

    Re: GLAMMY

    Enter a certain M Maynard to take us to glory?
    (ŗ la 97)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •