+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 81 of 221 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485868788899091131181 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 5521

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

We’ve had a few duds over the years !
    Sadly looks like another defeat 64 -5 from 10 overs chasing 178

This is the first season in a decade that I have not gone to a Glammy T20 game. This must be our worst ever season in this completion. It has been hopeless.

I haven’t been this year either! We have not just been losing but have been absolutely hammered at times !

We even lost at The Oval !

That was a great knock by David Lloyd. He is the only batsman to have had a decent tournament, The rest have been useles.

woeful again and apart from lloyd, salter and de lange the rest were dreadful

Another defeat. Useless batting again. The last couple of months have been as bad as it has ever been both in T20 and the County Championship. Odd that we can still win promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Think that's harsh on Salter, 39 not out and decent bowling figures - I've not paid a great deal of attention to our T20 struggles, but I got the impression he has bowled pretty well in the competition this season.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Think that's harsh on Salter, 39 not out and decent bowling figures - I've not paid a great deal of attention to our T20 struggles, but I got the impression he has bowled pretty well in the competition this season.
    I said apart from .......

tbh Ingram hasn’t delivered throughout.

I said apart from .......

tbh Ingram hasn’t delivered throughout.
    Sorry, my mistake .

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Another defeat. Useless batting again. The last couple of months have been as bad as it has ever been both in T20 and the County Championship. Odd that we can still win promotion.

....let's be honest..we're about 13th in an 18 team league..they can split the league and call it 2 leagues..but it's not really.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ....let's be honest..we're about 13th in an 18 team league..they can split the league and call it 2 leagues..but it's not really.
    We are the worst county in T20 this season. That’s for sure. The Championship has been better but our current form in that is very poor too. We keep being told how promising our youngsters are but none of them are succeeding. The only one who was doing well was Tom Cullen and he was dropped

Roman Walker bowled 3 really good overs and 1 slightly wayward one.

We are the worst county in T20 this season. That’s for sure. The Championship has been better but our current form in that is very poor too. We keep being told how promising our youngsters are but none of them are succeeding. The only one who was doing well was Tom Cullen and he was dropped
    Don't think that is fair at all. Douthwaite has been plucked out of university cricket and is averaging 25 with the bat and 35 with the ball and Selman is averaging nearly 40. Carlson is clearly promising despite not coming on recently and Walker showed up well last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Don't think that is fair at all. Douthwaite has been plucked out of university cricket and is averaging 25 with the bat and 35 with the ball and Selman is averaging nearly 40. Carlson is clearly promising despite not coming on recently and Walker showed up well last night.
    After a dreadful summer last season Selman has improved. He’s hardly prolific but is doing ok. Walker did well last night but that’s pretty flimsy evidence to suggest he has a career ahead of him in county cricket. Douthwaite has done ok. Carlson has barely played.
    My remark was primarily focused on our Welsh youngsters. Which ones have made a breakthrough?

Into the final three games of the season with promotion to the first division of the County Championship at stake for Glamorgan. They've put Worcester in and they're 57-1.

West Indies opener Kraigg Brathwaite has joined for the final games to replace Shaun Marsh, but won't be able to do any bowling because, like Billy Root, he's been reported for a dodgy action!

Glamorgan won their second County Championship fifty years ago and there's a great little video about in on this link including a reverse sweep played about twenty years before it started to become a recognised part of the game and Majid Khan taking a catch as wicket keeper.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/49594870

Make that 57-2 - Moeen Ali just our.

Into the final three games of the season with promotion to the first division of the County Championship at stake for Glamorgan. They've put Worcester in and they're 57-1.

West Indies opener Kraigg Brathwaite has joined for the final games to replace Shaun Marsh, but won't be able to do any bowling because, like Billy Root, he's been reported for a dodgy action!

Glamorgan won their second County Championship fifty years ago and there's a great little video about in on this link including a reverse sweep played about twenty years before it started to become a recognised part of the game and Majid Khan taking a catch as wicket keeper.

"Sorry for shouting"

I was at Taunton in 97 which was special but the finishes to the two games featured 3 from home were extraordinary and indeed reminiscent of both the WC final and the Aussie 3rd test this year for excitement.

Reading the report one can see just why Glamorgan fans get paranoid when it comes to England selection (not that many in recent times would have been affected!).
    What they did to Alan Jones was just spiteful.

Enjoyed that, thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    "Sorry for shouting"

I was at Taunton in 97 which was special but the finishes to the two games featured 3 from home were extraordinary and indeed reminiscent of both the WC final and the Aussie 3rd test this year for excitement.

Reading the report one can see just why Glamorgan fans get paranoid when it comes to England selection (not that many in recent times would have been affected!).
    What they did to Alan Jones was just spiteful.

Enjoyed that, thanks for posting.
    We had a family holiday in Ireland that year and almost missed the train to Fishguard for the ferry because we had to watch the of the Middlesex match. I only got to read about the finish to the Essex game in the papers over in Ireland and we were still there when the title was won - that holiday also caused me to miss two out of a total of three City home matches over something like a twelve year period!

Fantastic, desperately trying to spot myself in the crowd on the pitch at the end. Thanks so much for posting this. 👍👍👍

Worcs 165-7.

I didn’t know much about the 1969 Championship winning season so that was a good read. I remember 1997 very well. Maynard led from the front against Somerset who were smashed.
    Shameful that Don Shepherd and Alan Jones were ignored by the England selectors

Glamorgan 44-2 in reply to Worcester's 205 at the close - a pretty even first day.

I didn’t know much about the 1969 Championship winning season so that was a good read. I remember 1997 very well. Maynard led from the front against Somerset who were smashed.
    Shameful that Don Shepherd and Alan Jones were ignored by the England selectors
    There was a few of us from Lady Mary who would have pissed ‘Mitcher of the Year’ leading up to the school summer holidays that 1969 season. We certainly seen more of Sophia Gardens than our classrooms.

All out for 193 - no batting bonus points then!

It’s been another poor day. This looks like a defeat. Prospects of promotion are going to be very slim.