+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 83 of 221 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293133183 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 5521

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Leicestershire all out for 132, so a big win for Glamorgan who are sixteen points behind Gloucestershire who play second placed Northants in their last match. Realistically, Glamorgan need a win with a lot of batting points at Durham and then hope Northants win - even then it might not be enough.

The frustrating thing is that Glamorgan have beaten both of the counties in second and third place this season, but their first home win did not come until their final game - once again, their record at Cardiff has not been great.

Still, I think it's been a good four day season for Glamorgan because no one would have thought we could maintain a promotion bid into our final game in 2019 at this time last year - not a bad season in the 50 over game and dreadful in T20.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Leicestershire all out for 132, so a big win for Glamorgan who are sixteen points behind Gloucestershire who play second placed Northants in their last match. Realistically, Glamorgan need a win with a lot of batting points at Durham and then hope Northants win - even then it might not be enough.

The frustrating thing is that Glamorgan have beaten both of the counties in second and third place this season, but their first home win did not come until their final game - once again, their record at Cardiff has not been great.

Still, I think it's been a good four day season for Glamorgan because no one would have thought we could maintain a promotion bid into our final game in 2019 at this time last year - not a bad season in the 50 over game and dreadful in T20.
    Perverse, but if Labuschagne was less prolific in the first half of the red ball season then we might be in a better position at the end of it. It isn't a team that could hold its own in the top division so having another tilt next year is on balance the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Perverse, but if Labuschagne was less prolific in the first half of the red ball season then we might be in a better position at the end of it. It isn't a team that could hold its own in the top division so having another tilt next year is on balance the right thing.
    Is it two up, two down next season?

Is it two up, two down next season?
    Yeah there is greater opportunity on the 3 up one down this season but I can't see how we would be equipped to avoid the two down next year before it stabilises.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    It isn't a team that could hold its own in the top division so having another tilt next year is on balance the right thing.
    So if I understand your thinking, it's too early to get promoted to the megabucks league and if we get promoted we will have overachieved? Where have I heard this one before

Agree tho that you are probably right but let's just live for today I say. We may even attract a couple of world class players being in the top flight, and tempt Labushagne back.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    So if I understand your thinking, it's too early to get promoted to the megabucks league and if we get promoted we will have overachieved? Where have I heard this one before

Agree tho that you are probably right but let's just live for today I say. We may even attract a couple of world class players being in the top flight, and tempt Labushagne back.
    My heart is with you. My head says a team of aging bowlers, first division cast offs, weak spin, average local talent and the odd inspired local or overseas signing is unlikely to inspire a season in the sun. Agree it is better to find that out by being there than die wondering!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2654675
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653224

The weather in Bristol and CLS is going to make it very difficult for anyone to get a result next week.

Yep the weather is going to make it very difficult next week.

I may be clutching at straws a bit, but the weather at Chester le street looks slightly better than that at Bristol.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I may be clutching at straws a bit, but the weather at Chester le street looks slightly better than that at Bristol.
    Not good news though as we don’t want Glos getting a draw. We need them to lose.

In the real world there are no two divisions ...and we're just a team who will end up in the lower half.

Durham have scored too many runs here. This pitch isn't going to get easier to bat on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Durham have scored too many runs here. This pitch isn't going to get easier to bat on.

..you're right..it's more a bowling pitch..and we're shit at batting..

Difficult to see how Glammy can get sufficient bonus points and be able to win the game from here especially as there won’t be much play over the next couple of days.

Looks like they might get a lot of play in at Bristol today and, with a bit of luck, tomorrow, but it looks like two on off days at Chester Le Street. What Glamorgan need is for our coach to be his twenty five year old self for a day, because we need someone who can score big very quickly, but it's hard to see anyone in this team who could do that (Cooke on a very good day?). All of that presupposes that we can take Durham's last two wickets quickly and score something like 350 today and I just don't see that happening - even if Durham were willing to make a game of it by making it a one innings match, that would n't be enough for us because we would still, almost certainly, need a batting point or two to stand a chance of overhauling Gloucestershire.

No play before lunch at Chester Le Street, inspection at midday at Bristol.

No play before lunch at Chester Le Street, inspection at midday at Bristol.
    No play today at CLS. That's all she wrote, surely.

Glos will pick up at least four points and possibly more. Glammy therefore need at least 20 points and probably 21. It ain’t going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Glos will pick up at least four points and possibly more. Glammy therefore need at least 20 points and probably 21. It ain’t going to happen.
    Glos already have 5 (as the game will be drawn and they've got 1 bonus point). They'll probably get another batting point at least, and Glammy aren't going to have time to get 400+ runs, and chuck Durham back in again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Glos already have 5 (as the game will be drawn and they've got 1 bonus point). They'll probably get another batting point at least, and Glammy aren't going to have time to get 400+ runs, and chuck Durham back in again.
    Glos only picked up four points. One batting bonus point and three for the draw.

Some great news for Glamorgan fans - Marnus Labuschagne has signed for another two years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/50395985

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5av...em-uploademail

Some great news for Glamorgan fans - Marnus Labuschagne has signed for another two years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/50395985

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5av...em-uploademail
    That is good news and a welcome distraction from this last few weeks events

It’s excellent news