Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
We have been in the scrappy, bits and pieces season for the last 5-10 years and we will continue to remain there. Its just fan expectation that needs to be tempered.

We are a poorly supported division 2 side, the division 1 sides are moving further away from us. We dont even come close to getting a windfall from T20 as the Welsh public don't generally turn out.

As such fans cannot expect to have a top side. We must hope we can unearth some youngster, sign some cheaper stars, and accept that if/when they perform they will have to leave the club.
This reminds me so much of just how disheartened I felt when I started supporting the City as a kid in the late 80s. Crowds were shyte and anything remotely resembling talent was sold for a fraction of their true value, meaning we were forever stuck in limbo. We were being raped annually by our owners and other clubs.

To be fair to him, Hammam finally stopped that and gave us the push into the Championship that we so desperately needed. It was also the reason why I couldn't care less about the red kit if it meant we wouldn't return to those soul destroying days.

Sorry to interject - as you were