+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Don't look like Glammy will be spending any money on players this season then

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/39219285
    After reading that piece one feels somewhat upbeat!
    The reality is that there is little justification in splashing out money that ain't there and as you say, very unlikely anybody of any pedigree coming in.... unless of course he is willing to play for peanuts!
    Perhaps that's why Jacques is still around, a name albeit very out of touch.

I can see us picking up the odd T20 win, perhaps scraping into knock out stages, but tough in the four dayers.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    After reading that piece one feels somewhat upbeat!
    The reality is that there is little justification in splashing out money that ain't there and as you say, very unlikely anybody of any pedigree coming in.... unless of course he is willing to play for peanuts!
    Perhaps that's why Jacques is still around, a name albeit very out of touch.

I can see us picking up the odd T20 win, perhaps scraping into knock out stages, but tough in the four dayers.
    Good summing up were in for a scrappy,bits and pieces season

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Good summing up were in for a scrappy,bits and pieces season
    We have been in the scrappy, bits and pieces season for the last 5-10 years and we will continue to remain there. Its just fan expectation that needs to be tempered.

We are a poorly supported division 2 side, the division 1 sides are moving further away from us. We dont even come close to getting a windfall from T20 as the Welsh public don't generally turn out.

As such fans cannot expect to have a top side. We must hope we can unearth some youngster, sign some cheaper stars, and accept that if/when they perform they will have to leave the club.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    We have been in the scrappy, bits and pieces season for the last 5-10 years and we will continue to remain there. Its just fan expectation that needs to be tempered.

We are a poorly supported division 2 side, the division 1 sides are moving further away from us. We dont even come close to getting a windfall from T20 as the Welsh public don't generally turn out.

As such fans cannot expect to have a top side. We must hope we can unearth some youngster, sign some cheaper stars, and accept that if/when they perform they will have to leave the club.
    I know this is a cricket thread but so many comments can also apply to Cardiff Blues rugby.
    For years we had an excellent rugby side, which now does not compete, even in the Pro 12.
    The club keeps bantering on about their inability to financially compete with other clubs, even the Scarlett's in Llanelli.
    I can't help feeling that the Cardiff public just has an apathetic attitude to sports in general.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I know this is a cricket thread but so many comments can also apply to Cardiff Blues rugby.
    For years we had an excellent rugby side, which now does not compete, even in the Pro 12.
    The club keeps bantering on about their inability to financially compete with other clubs, even the Scarlett's in Llanelli.
    I can't help feeling that the Cardiff public just has an apathetic attitude to sports in general.
    What about the ice hockey?

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post

This reminds me so much of just how disheartened I felt when I started supporting the City as a kid in the late 80s. Crowds were shyte and anything remotely resembling talent was sold for a fraction of their true value, meaning we were forever stuck in limbo. We were being raped annually by our owners and other clubs.

To be fair to him, Hammam finally stopped that and gave us the push into the Championship that we so desperately needed. It was also the reason why I couldn't care less about the red kit if it meant we wouldn't return to those soul destroying days.

Sorry to interject - as you were