+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 67 of 221 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 5521

Thread: GLAMMY

First Team

Re: GLAMMY

Croft has been a wonderful player for Glamorgan and is a decent man. None of us know the full details but regardless of results my position is that any coach would have had a hell of a job at the club in its current state. Whilst, as coach, he must take some of the blame for results there are others who, at best, share the culpability. I wish him well and hopefully he will continue to develop his media career or find another coaching role on the circuit. Sadly, regardless of who is appointed as the next coach I cannot see anything changing unless there are significant changes throughout the club structure.
    Last edited by Majorblue; 17-10-18 at 15:54. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Croft has been a wonderful player for Glamorgan and is a decent man. None of us know the full details but regardless of results my position is that any coach would have had a hell of a job at the club in its current state. Whilst, as coach, he must take some of the blame for results there are others who, at best, share the culpability. I wish him well and hopefully he will continue to develop his media career or find another coaching role on the circuit. Sadly, regardless of who is appointed as the next coach I cannot see anything changing unless there are significant changes throughout the club structure.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Enter a certain M Maynard to take us to glory?
    (à la 97)
    Hmm. As batting coach it hasn’t gone well with him. Time to look outside of the club and beyond former players.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Hmm. As batting coach it hasn’t gone well with him. Time to look outside of the club and beyond former players.
    Tongue firmly in cheek with my statement Pearcey, romanticising a little.

Good to see that the club have identified issues with the management and done something about it before a mass exodus of talent and potential talent.

Tongue firmly in cheek with my statement Pearcey, romanticising a little.

Good to see that the club have identified issues with the management and done something about it before a mass exodus of talent and potential talent.
    Aha. Mac I would have gone with Maynard at one time but our batting has deteriorated even further since he returned. What a mess this is. A few years ago the thought of Morris/Croft/ Maynard working together would have filled me with optimism. Yet we are a laughing stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Gossip I hear, and being gossip it might well be wrong, is not as charitable about Croft as you are. I don't think Croft was a very good coach for Glamorgan, but I agree he was an excellent player and I wonder if, like other gifted players, he found it hard to work with players with much less talent than him?

I also agree that whoever takes over will have a very tough task - I was surprised Maynard took on the batting adviser job given the circumstances under which his time as coach at the club ended and I don't see him getting the coaching job now, maybe it's time to look outside the club again?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Croft has left. New Director of Cricket and a new Head Coach then.
    Not before time, great player and captain not a good coach

Enter a certain M Maynard to take us to glory?
    (à la 97)
    An exemplary season as consultant batting coach last year.

Maybe we could lure Sir Duncan back from the golf course as Director of Cricket. There is about 0.01% chance of that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    An exemplary season as consultant batting coach last year.
    Thank you so much Eric for your thought provoking comment.

As you've offered little more than stating the obvious, I will provide a bit of food for thought and one for the conspiracy theorists.
    Glamorgan were under-performing under Morris's captaincy back in the 90's until MM took the reigns and led us to the County Championship (with a little help Waqar Younis).

Was last season a case of players revolt, similar to the alleged one that got Maynard the captaincy back then?

Perhaps a backroom power struggle made coaching this past season secondary?

It cannot be denied by many that it was a big surprise to see MM return to the club after leaving under such a huge cloud and, as far as I can fathom, he is still there while stalwarts, legends of the club, are not.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Gossip I hear, and being gossip it might well be wrong, is not as charitable about Croft as you are. I don't think Croft was a very good coach for Glamorgan, but I agree he was an excellent player and I wonder if, like other gifted players, he found it hard to work with players with much less talent than him?

I also agree that whoever takes over will have a very tough task - I was surprised Maynard took on the batting adviser job given the circumstances under which his time as coach at the club ended and I don't see him getting the coaching job now, maybe it's time to look outside the club again?
    I've heard no gossip at all Bob, perhaps you could elaborate a little.
    Is it simply that he has no man management skills for the less gifte, laziness, narcissism perhaps

Maynard to return as coach?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/46457144

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Pretty underwhelming appointment IMO.
    Was hoping for a completely different man with new ideas, still smacks of the old guard. Time will tell.

I’ve got a lot of time for Wally. Always willing to stop and talk with you at the ground. I wish him well.

I’ve got a lot of time for Wally. Always willing to stop and talk with you at the ground. I wish him well.
    Yes, I don't think that's a bad appointment - Wallace is good on the radio and I've been impressed by one or two articles I've read of his. I'm less keen on Maynard for coach again, but I think that might well be what happens.

New overseas player for the first half of the upcoming season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/47772762

New overseas player for the first half of the upcoming season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/47772762
    Decent but not Earth shattering

Decent but not Earth shattering
    His leg spin might be useful if it's a dry summer - my mate was telling me at the game on Sunday that Glamorgan played Gloucestershire in three friendly matches in Spain last week and were comfortably beaten in all of them (just checked, for "comfortably beaten", read murdered!).

https://www.glamorgancricket.com/cri...st-result.html

https://www.glamorgancricket.com/cri...th-result.html

https://www.glamorgancricket.com/cri...th-result.html

Just remembered that Glamorgan were playing Northants in their fist Championship game of the season, so decided to watch the live stream of the game for a while. I was pleasantly surprised to see that we were 62-1, but from the very first ball I watched, Hemphrey drove at a wide ball and was caught behind - the same thing happened to me four or five times last season as well .

First Team

These days I am happy enough to edge the ball such is my inability to read a bowler now. The fall from the firsts to the fifths will be completed this season.

Just remembered that Glamorgan were playing Northants in their fist Championship game of the season, so decided to watch the live stream of the game for a while. I was pleasantly surprised to see that we were 62-1, but from the very first ball I watched, Hemphrey drove at a wide ball and was caught behind - the same thing happened to me four or five times last season as well .
    226-3 with a 100 partnership between Root and Labuschagne. (Who has a ton on his debut!)
    What's going on?

Well you know what to do Bob... find something else to watch this summer!
    How about join the Blaenrhonnda crown green bowles club?

Well you know what to do Bob... find something else to watch this summer!
    How about join the Blaenrhonnda crown green bowles club?
    Just watched the final session of play - Glamorgan 433-4 with Carlson making it three centuries in one day (is that a county record I wonder?). A couple of notes of caution though, it looks a very easy paced batting wicket, so Northants will be confident of doing something similar when they bat and second, we scored over 500 in our first innings of last season and we all know how that turned out .

Blaenrhondda Bowling green is right by the football pitch, but my team in that sport play down the road in Treorchy - a City supporting old school mate plays for them and I went to watch them last season.