+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bundesliga 2

Bundesliga 2

Might be on my own here, and mods please delete if so.

Opening weekend. HSV beat Schalke 5-3. St. Pauli win away at 1 FCK. Hertha continue their losing streak

Re: Bundesliga 2

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Might be on my own here, and mods please delete if so.

Opening weekend. HSV beat Schalke 5-3. St. Pauli win away at 1 FCK. Hertha continue their losing streak
    I’d be interested in this thread if it continued throughout the season - for a start, I’d find out who or what a 1 FCK is

Think this is a very rare case where a thread on here should be moved to the main board mind.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’d be interested in this thread if it continued throughout the season - for a start, I’d find out who or what a 1 FCK is

Think this is a very rare case where a thread on here should be moved to the main board mind.
    Kaiserslautern Bob. I called them that because someone replied to an earlier post about German football on here saying they were a big 1 FCK fan. Had to look it up myself.

I think this league will be massive this year.

Well I promise to do my bit to keep it going!

Average crowds on opening weekend -28,000

Have been over to see some German football (and keep meaning to again) and went to watch Kaiserslautern. Not much of a town but with a massive football ground on a hill. They were outplayed by Freiburg and at the end there was a kind of epilogue where the victors celebrated with their fans (including one of the players climbing the fence and shouting through a loudhailer) and the home team having to stand before their version of the Canton Stand possibly getting told off (I couldn't work it out). Sometimes a player will have to go and explain themselves. Incredible scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Average crowds on opening weekend -28,000
    Be interesting to compare that to our own 2nd level average this weekend. Thing is there are 7 teams at b2 level this year that have ground capacities of around 50k or higher!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Have been over to see some German football (and keep meaning to again) and went to watch Kaiserslautern. Not much of a town but with a massive football ground on a hill. They were outplayed by Freiburg and at the end there was a kind of epilogue where the victors celebrated with their fans (including one of the players climbing the fence and shouting through a loudhailer) and the home team having to stand before their version of the Canton Stand possibly getting told off (I couldn't work it out). Sometimes a player will have to go and explain themselves. Incredible scenes.
    I hadn’t realised (until I looked just now!) how big their ground is. 50k!. Yeah I’ve seen that strange ritual between a losing team and their fans as well. Maybe something from Italian football?

Kasierslautern are an interesting club I think. Huge ground, massive support and hosted world cup games in 2006, but I don't think it's a big place at all. So perhaps comparable to Sunderland or Burnley or something (though a little bigger than Burnley).

A few years ago, I flew over to Cologne and watched Duisburg on the Saturday afternoon in Bundesliga 2 and went straight from that game and by train to see Venlo in the Dutch Eredivisie. Stayed in Venlo overnight, travelled by train to watch Gladbach at home on the Sunday afternoon and went straight from there by train to see Düsseldorf's home ice hockey game.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    A few years ago, I flew over to Cologne and watched Duisburg on the Saturday afternoon in Bundesliga 2 and went straight from that game and by train to see Venlo in the Dutch Eredivisie. Stayed in Venlo overnight, travelled by train to watch Gladbach at home on the Sunday afternoon and went straight from there by train to see Düsseldorf's home ice hockey game.
    That set me thinking that it must be possible to watch three games in different countries on the same day in some parts of Europe (e.g. around Luxembourg)

Why is this on the alt forum when weve got the main board spammed with threads like just stop oil.?

That set me thinking that it must be possible to watch three games in different countries on the same day in some parts of Europe (e.g. around Luxembourg)
    Hard to beat TBG's example, but - not sure about a day, but you could comfortably do Basel, Strasbourg and Freiburg and take in top level football in 3 countries in a weekend!.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Hard to beat TBG's example, but - not sure about a day, but you could comfortably do Basel, Strasbourg and Freiburg and take in top level football in 3 countries in a weekend!.
    You are assuming that all three games will be at home on the same weekend, old fruit

I think 3 games in 3 countries on the same day would be difficult but visiting 4 top tier clubs from 4 different countries could be possible by driving fewer than 140 miles between the first and last of them:

FC Wiltz 71 (Luxembourg National League - and the most northerly team in that league)
    Fortuna Sittard (Netherlands Eredivisie - the most southerly team in NL)
    Eupen (Belgian Pro League - the most easterly team in BE)
    Borrusia Mönchengladbach (Germany - and the nearest DE team to the above 3)

Attaching images (in this case in the form of a route I created) seems not to work lately.

This is not a million miles from some plans I had been thinking about.....

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I think 3 games in 3 countries on the same day would be difficult but visiting 4 top tier clubs from 4 different countries could be possible by driving fewer than 140 miles between the first and last of them:

FC Wiltz 71 (Luxembourg National League - and the most northerly team in that league)
    Fortuna Sittard (Netherlands Eredivisie - the most southerly team in NL)
    Eupen (Belgian Pro League - the most easterly team in BE)
    Borrusia Mönchengladbach (Germany - and the nearest DE team to the above 3)

Attaching images (in this case in the form of a route I created) seems not to work lately.

This is not a million miles from some plans I had been thinking about.....
    Maybe three countries in a day is not practical then (although I think it probably could be done if you watched a minor league game in the morning in one of the countries).

Those four teams in a weekend would be on though, although, as you said, you'd probably have to wait a long time for the fixtures to fall in a way which would make it possible. I wonder how much interest there would be if the four clubs got together to try and arrange their fixtures so that you could watch football in four countries over the course of the weekend? Gladbach wouldn't need the extra fans that a well publicised scheme might generate, but I'd have thought that the other three would welcome it.

Also, a word to the Moderators, you really should move this thread on to the main board.

No one has mentioned the 'G' word in the B2 context yet, so it might as well be pointed out that the Hamburger SV man is already leading scorer (with 3 others mind) after match day 1 .

I posted this thread here as wasn't sure if it might be considered a bit o/t, but - yeah - be good if it could be switched across to the main board as there does seem to be interest. Better than tracking Bayern win B1 again anyway

This can not be f*king real. Hertha lose to sodding Wehen Wiesbaden (who?) at home in the Friday match.

Interesting bottom three in the table currently. It's not unheard for sides to drop the top to the third tier in successive seasons is it, but it tends to be teams like Ingolstadt, Paderborn and Freiburg - I know Hertha have their financial issues, but they're on a different level from those sort of clubs aren't they?

Seems like the mods are determined to keep this thread on the non football page.

Interesting bottom three in the table currently. It's not unheard for sides to drop the top to the third tier in successive seasons is it, but it tends to be teams like Ingolstadt, Paderborn and Freiburg - I know Hertha have their financial issues, but they're on a different level from those sort of clubs aren't they?

Seems like the mods are determined to keep this thread on the non football page.
    Hertha have been a club in disarray for a few years now (ever since the big investment to make them 'a club the capital city could be proud of'), but this is now a new low. Plenty of time to turn it around I guess. There are plans to move out of the Olympic stadium and to a ground of a more suitable size. If it happens that could be the catalyst to turn things around, but things continue to look grim at the moment.

Interesting fact from Hertha's first two games is that Coach Pal Dardai has had all of his 3 sons on the pitch together at times of the opening 2 games. Must be unusual (a first?) for 3 brothers to play at this kind of level together. Especially if their Dad is the coach!. Not that it has turned out well for them.

Three goals in two games for Glatzel so far. 57,000 at Hamburg’s opening home game. Phenomenal support for a second tier club.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Three goals in two games for Glatzel so far. 57,000 at Hamburg’s opening home game. Phenomenal support for a second tier club.
    Hamburg is a huge city

Newcastle , far smaller, get 50000 in second tier

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Kasierslautern are an interesting club I think. Huge ground, massive support and hosted world cup games in 2006, but I don't think it's a big place at all. So perhaps comparable to Sunderland or Burnley or something (though a little bigger than Burnley).
    That’s a bit of a comparison, Sunderland & Burnley, about a 280,000 population to around about a 90,000 population. Sunderland isn’t that small.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Hamburg is a huge city

Newcastle , far smaller, get 50000 in second tier
    I don't know how many clubs sv hamburg are competing with but there are

1. 8 million in Hamburg

2.8 urban area of Hamburg

5.1 million in Hamburg Metropolitan District

That's enormous and it's said we have a big catchment area

Which at 1 million I suppose we do but it's all relative

57000 for a second tier game needs to be considered in detail