Quote Originally Posted by Park Life View Post
I agree with the last two posts. Genuine positive signs with this squad and there’s nothing like a win to build confidence. I’m looking forward to Neser playing. Really pleased for David Lloyd, he looks a bit fitter this season and this may have helped him especially with his bowling. I think he will make a good opener. Fingers crossed Carlson’s form continues, as you say it’s high time a Glamorgan player represented England and he (or Lloyd) may be the man. They will go to Lancs on Thursday full of confidence.
For the first time in a few years, picking a Glamorgan team is not easy because we have good options. I was going to reply to Pearcey saying I’d like to see Chris Cooke batting at seven like most wicket keeper batsmen do these days, so I’d put Harris at six if he’s staying with us, but that would be very harsh on Callum Taylor who scored a run a ball century on his debut last season and batted a very long time against Sussex thereby showing he can play as the situation demands. As a bowler, Taylor doesn’t look like he will bowl a side out, but he took wickets at Headingley a few weeks back while Dom Bess didn’t and he seems to have a fair amount of control to his bowling.

Spin bowling has looked a real weakness of ours in recent years, but Labuschagne took wickets for us last time he was here and deserves to be called more than an occasional bowler, while Prem Sisodya did really well last season in T20 cricket especially and it would be great to see him carry some of that form into the four day game.

I’ve just looked up Michael Neser’s figures and he averages 25 with both bat and ball in Sheffield Shield cricket which is generally regarded to be better than English domestic four day stuff, so, potentially, he will certainly improve us with the ball while also ensuring that we will nearly always be able to put out a side which bats down to about number ten.