Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I did say that no one comes out of this well, Donald has not made the best use of his talent in the last two seasons and his figures in all forms of the game are poor - although I would excuse him that to some degree in 20/20, and to a lesser degree, in 50 over cricket, because he goes in to bat in a way which will tend to see him dismissed early quite often. However, in a team which is giving youth a chance in the four day game,
I find it incredible that someone with, by far, the best record and reputation in junior cricket at the club cannot get a place in a side where none of the top six (nearly all youngsters) are scoring runs on anything like a consistent basis.
I was just speaking to a mate who is fairly well in with some influential people at Glamorgan and said to him that I felt there were more than cricketing reasons why Donald was not being selected, his response was "you may well be right".
I'd like to see Graham Wagg brought into the side to bat at something like number five while being told that he would be considered primarily as a batsman until the end of the season. Something needs to be done, because if we don't win a game before the end of the season we are going to finish bottom of the Championship - nobody at the club seems to be too bothered about that, but I hate the thought of it.
Yes there have been rumours all season that Donald hasn’t been happy so his departure comes as no surprise. There is talk that he is arrogant. Not sure whether true or not but he will now have a second chance with Hants. If he performs there like he has in his past two seems with us his career will come to an end in a couple of years time.