+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: GLAMMY

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    When you go into cricket coaching they don't allocate roles on how you played, Croft would have done the top end qualification to get to this point, he is more than capable of doing more that talking to the spinners.

That being said there is something to be said of talking to a batsman who has played at the top level for tips, that could be done on a consultancy basis, or they would get tips of the captain of the team who has 6 test centuries and a high score of 222*

A bowler stands in front of a batsman and analyses his technique every ball. If you have a problem with your technique why wouldnt you talk to a bowler, and ask him how he would go about getting him out and what he should change to put this right.
    If Croft is more than capable of doing this it certainly isn't showing. My view is that the batting is reckless and we need someone like a Tavare or Boycott to come in and analyse why we are being bowled out so cheaply time and again. You could ask a bowler I suppose but I think it is more about mindset than technique.

One other point. If Rudolph does stay our youngsters will have very limited opportunities as the side would be something like

Selman
    Rudolph
    Bragg
    Ingram
    Donald
    Cooke
    Wallace
    Wagg
    New bowler
    Van Der Gugten
    Hogan
    Last edited by Pearcey3; 14-09-16 at 16:46.