+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 69 of 221 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 5521

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Northants 611-4 - coming up to lunch on the fourth day and only twelve wickets have fallen in the game so far.

Rob Newton, who scored a century yesterday, on the pitch provided for this game;-

"It's a poor pitch in my opinion, there's nothing in it for the bowlers, there's not that much enjoyment in the batting since it's so slow and low, it's about sticking it out.

I'm sure anyone watching will agree it's a poor pitch, the kind of pitch they're trying to ease out of the game, it's not much fun for anyone watching or playing."

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Northants 611-4 - coming up to lunch on the fourth day and only twelve wickets have fallen in the game so far.

Rob Newton, who scored a century yesterday, on the pitch provided for this game;-

"It's a poor pitch in my opinion, there's nothing in it for the bowlers, there's not that much enjoyment in the batting since it's so slow and low, it's about sticking it out.

I'm sure anyone watching will agree it's a poor pitch, the kind of pitch they're trying to ease out of the game, it's not much fun for anyone watching or playing."
    Absolutely agree.

If wickets fall on day 1 the ecb pitch inspectors are at grounds like a shot! When pitches like this are produced they have nothing to say. I was there yesterday- given the choice I'd rather an unpredictable wicket than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Absolutely agree.

If wickets fall on day 1 the ecb pitch inspectors are at grounds like a shot! When pitches like this are produced they have nothing to say. I was there yesterday- given the choice I'd rather an unpredictable wicket than that.
    736-8 now.

Very good point about pitch inspectors. If a pitch is dangerous, then fair enough, but sides get docked points for pitches which turn - the pitch for this match is far worse for cricket than a bowler friendly one is.

11 o clock start v Somerset at Sophia in the 50 over competition today.

Lovely day for it then a walk across to the city.

2 heavy defeats for glamorgan so far in the competition. I'd expect a 3rd today

11 o clock start v Somerset at Sophia in the 50 over competition today.

Lovely day for it then a walk across to the city.

2 heavy defeats for glamorgan so far in the competition. I'd expect a 3rd today
    Enjoy the weather. Agree that another heavy defeat is on the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Enjoy the weather. Agree that another heavy defeat is on the cards.
    Excellent so far from glammy.

16-4. Pathetic.

Lost by 2 runs. Another defeat but a good effort.

Lost by 2 runs. Another defeat but a good effort.
    A good effort by Lloyd and the lower order but pathetic from the front line batsmen with just one run from five batters

Good to see plucky little Glamorgan pick up a win on Sky yesterday, chasing down 347 to beat Sussex. We kept losing key wickets but young Danny Douthwaite held his nerve to put us in a great position then teenager Roman Walker hit the winning six. Nothing on the game for us but the youngsters embraced like they'd just won the World Cup and the rest of the team, who'd been cheering noisily from the balcony, came down en masse to congratulate them. No reason to get carried away about it, of course, but we may as well enjoy the positives when they come.

Highlights of Douthwaite's innings here. The technique suggests he won't be opening in test cricket any time soon but he looks to have a big heart (he bowled well too). Not sure about his haircut but he's young so there's plenty of time to work on that.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...gan-to-victory

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Good to see plucky little Glamorgan pick up a win on Sky yesterday, chasing down 347 to beat Sussex. We kept losing key wickets but young Danny Douthwaite held his nerve to put us in a great position then teenager Roman Walker hit the winning six. Nothing on the game for us but the youngsters embraced like they'd just won the World Cup and the rest of the team, who'd been cheering noisily from the balcony, came down en masse to congratulate them. No reason to get carried away about it, of course, but we may as well enjoy the positives when they come.

Highlights of Douthwaite's innings here. The technique suggests he won't be opening in test cricket any time soon but he looks to have a big heart (he bowled well too). Not sure about his haircut but he's young so there's plenty of time to work on that.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...gan-to-victory
    Glamorgan finished their 50 over programme well with three wins from four matches and, having switched over from the Liverpool v Ajax match to watch the last three or four overs of Tuesday's game. I can confirm they've definitely got some lower order batsmen who can not only hit the ball very hard, but also hit it a long, long way.

Douthwaite hadn't done much in his first couple of matches for us, but, as you say, he bowled really well against Sussex. Roman Walker might be one to keep an eye out for as well - he took six wickets in an innings and then scored an unbeaten 80 to guide Glamorgan to a draw in their last second eleven match against Gloucestershire.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Bull was injured. Salter has had more than enough chances and is not the future. The new players have done very well and one of them Douthwaite has had a terrific day. It looks like there will be a result tomorrow but can Glammy chase 200 plus on a final day wicket?

Bad start to a big day for Glamorgan. Derbyshire's second half century last wicket stand of the match leaves us chasing 245 to win - seems a bit too much to me and, if it is, it'll almost certainly be those last wicket runs which win it for Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Bad start to a big day for Glamorgan. Derbyshire's second half century last wicket stand of the match leaves us chasing 245 to win - seems a bit too much to me and, if it is, it'll almost certainly be those last wicket runs which win it for Derby.
    Already 1 down. Need a big innings from Hemphrey or Labuschagne here.

And you're right, Bob. That's a great dig from Rampaul, which has changed the game.

Looks like our last hope has gone with Douthwaite needing to dig in.
    Madsen doing the damage on an obviously worsening pitch.
    We're doomed i tell thee, doomed!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Looks like our last hope has gone with Douthwaite needing to dig in.
    Madsen doing the damage on an obviously worsening pitch.
    We're doomed i tell thee, doomed!
    Doing our best to lose.

208-7. Cullen & Salter have put on 46 and need 38 to win.

Salter gone now, think it’s swung back in Derbyshire ‘s favour but it’s going to be a close finish!

Tense!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Tense!
    11 more sorry 7 more

2!