+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 54 of 223 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 5572

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

A first baller for Donald as Glamorgan, missing Marsh and Hogan, struggle after being put in by Essex.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO43084

Yet again, Glamorgan are bowled out in a fifty over match - 200 all out which isn't too bad considering they were 58-5.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yet again, Glamorgan are bowled out in a fifty over match - 200 all out which isn't too bad considering they were 58-5.

Essex coasting to victory. It’s very poor at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Essex coasting to victory. It’s very poor at the moment.
    It's looking like a ten wicket defeat.

It's looking like a ten wicket defeat.
    Not quite 9 wickets.
    Glammy really are shit. Glad I don't follow them like I used to.

To be fair, Glamorgan did very well to beat Sussex (who had what was reckoned to be the quickest bowling attack in county cricket) pretty comfortably on Friday, but, once again, they cannot bat the full fifty overs in their latest match - Hampshire off to a racing start in what you would have thought were good swing bowling conditions as well.

Can we beat you lot heavily today? That being said we need to rely on Hants/Kent (who hammered us) to also have any chance of progressing, after 3 years of scraping through and then getting to the final, this might be the end!

Good business with getting Khawaja in now for some Championship cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Alex! View Post
    Can we beat you lot heavily today? That being said we need to rely on Hants/Kent (who hammered us) to also have any chance of progressing, after 3 years of scraping through and then getting to the final, this might be the end!

Good business with getting Khawaja in now for some Championship cricket
    Cardiff West Indians midweek league team could beat us at the moment so I'd say not beyond the realms of possibility.
    You have what looks to be a decent side.

Although I wish you luck, be nice to see a few of our youngsters get some batting practice in today as they must be shot on confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Cardiff West Indians midweek league team could beat us at the moment so I'd say not beyond the realms of possibility.
    You have what looks to be a decent side.

Although I wish you luck, be nice to see a few of our youngsters get some batting practice in today as they must be shot on confidence.
    Glammy were 0-2!!!! Recovered a little to 96-3 but Ingram’s gone now

Glammy finished on 266/8 so a respectable total. A shame for Connor Brown losing his wicket on 98. A good innings from Wagg to boost the total. Another failure for Donald who needs time with the seconds to find some form.

getting spanked all over the Oval right now, embarassing☹️

Surrey will win with a dozen overs to spare. Another very poor day. This is the worst one day campaign in many years.
    Back to the County Championship where surely Donald and Salter will be dropped. Donald is good enough in my view to make the grade. Salter is a poor spinner and not up to it.

Thought Brown was tremendous for your lot considering he had a massive rebuilding job on his hands and nobody could stick around with him. Whole pavilion was bit gutted for him, he had an over left and didn't really need to play the shot he did.

Disappointing campaign for us, mostly thanks to two huge spankings. Oh well. See you lot for the T20!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex! View Post
    Thought Brown was tremendous for your lot considering he had a massive rebuilding job on his hands and nobody could stick around with him. Whole pavilion was bit gutted for him, he had an over left and didn't really need to play the shot he did.

Disappointing campaign for us, mostly thanks to two huge spankings. Oh well. See you lot for the T20!
    I can’t help but feel Surrey really underperform in the shorter forms of the game. Not sure why as you have a strong squad on paper.

Scotland just beat England in an ODI

Is it time Wales has a ODI/Twenty20 international team? Or even totally divorce itself and field a test team too like Ireland?

I can see both sides of the argument on this one, but my preference is to keep the current situation whereby Glamorgan (who play one game every season at Colwyn Bay) are representing Wales in the best level of domestic cricket in the UK - there's also a Wales team which competes, not very successfully, in the Minor Counties Championship.

It's not been tried, so it cannot be proved one way or another. but I don't believe a Wales cricket team, which would lead to the end of Glamorgan in it's current form, would be a success. For it to stand a chance of being so, a Wales cricket team would have to have test match status and/or consistently reach World 50 over and 20/20 Final tournaments and the competition among the second level of cricket playing countries is pretty intense - I don't think a Wales side operating with the sort of selection policy, say, Ireland have would be able to achieve that currently.

Also, the attendance for the single test match when Australia weren't the opposition was very disappointing and the crowds for the one day internationals played in Cardiff aren't great - there seems little appetite to watch top class cricket in this area and that would, surely, apply even more so if Wales opted to go it alone.

Only two days in and plenty of time for things to go wrong yet, but an under strength Glamorgan team are giving league leaders Warwickshire a much better game than I expected them to at Edgbaston - currently twenty five ahead with all second innings wickets intact.

Only two days in and plenty of time for things to go wrong yet, but an under strength Glamorgan team are giving league leaders Warwickshire a much better game than I expected them to at Edgbaston - currently twenty five ahead with all second innings wickets intact.
    Yeah I did notice that last night but didn't want to put the mockers on it

As you say, plenty of time for us to blow it but the last couple of hours seeing off their tail cheaply and getting to the close still intact with a lead is encouraging.

Khawaja ton up

Nice to see

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Nice to see
    Could be an interesting final day. Salter needs to show up. The wicket is taking spin.

Get Bell out and we’ve got a chance..a slim one but a chance

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/scorecard/ECKO43194

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Could be an interesting final day. Salter needs to show up. The wicket is taking spin.
    He’s taken 2 wickets so far