Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
So it seems we are broke. I don’t understand how that drives a strategy of recruiting young Welsh players. I would prefer to be recruiting from the best talent available within our budget rather than limiting it to the relatively small pool of players who are both young and Welsh. Where is the evidence that such a strategy will work, it looks more like a fantasy dreamed up to cover the club’s shortcomings with the Welsh flag. I’m sure there are many like me who would love to get along to Sofia Gardens and watch competitive cricket of a decent standard, regrettably there seems little prospect of that.
I am going to be controversial here and suggest that the best thing Glamorgan can do is drop out of the county championship and compete ( key word there) in the minor counties. They should also go back to the days of playing the majority of games as St Helens and use the other out grounds more often. The Sophia Gardens experiment has not worked and the club is on its arse.
Winning games, development of both young players and the game in general must be the priority. Glamorgan are not fulfilling any of those and are not showing any sign of doing so any time soon.
They simply have to re engage with the public and I see the best way of doing that is moving away from professional game, in the short term at least, and rebuilding the club as a organisation that serves its supporters and not the aims of the ECB.
Yes, I accept that most would be horrified at my suggestion and the issues surrounding the loans on the ground rebuild are complex but can anyone truly see an end to the woes under the current system?

And if anyone accuses me of being anti Glammy the above can also be directed at Durham as well.