+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 225 of 225 FirstFirst ... 125175215216217218219220221222223224225
Results 5,601 to 5,617 of 5617

Thread: GLAMMY

Re: GLAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Bit of a famine or feast season for Northeast at the moment.
    And averaging over 100 comfortably.

Should get 1k runs before end of May without too much problem.

Too early to say we're safe . Another half hour of rain and we should be !

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    And averaging over 100 comfortably.

Should get 1k runs before end of May without too much problem.
    Just had a look - he needs 438 runs from 3 games.
    Other than his 2 big scores, his next top score in 6 innings is 29.

Match abandoned for another draw.

I make that 17 draws in their last 19 county championship matches.
    The polar opposite of Cardiff City.

Yorkshire played this game on a pitch that had already been used for a four day match this season because they already felt that they needed a win even at this early stage of the season. The ball was turning a lot on the first day, but the wicket still got easier as the game went on - Yorkshire would have won it but for the weather, but the commentators thought Glamorgan’s 221 in the first innings was a decent score in the conditions, yet there were nearly 900 runs scored for the loss of fourteen wickets after that.

Yorkshire played this game on a pitch that had already been used for a four day match this season because they already felt that they needed a win even at this early stage of the season. The ball was turning a lot on the first day, but the wicket still got easier as the game went on - Yorkshire would have won it but for the weather, but the commentators thought Glamorgan’s 221 in the first innings was a decent score in the conditions, yet there were nearly 900 runs scored for the loss of fourteen wickets after that.
    I think the only games we didn't draw last season were a win and a loss against Worcestershire.

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    I think the only games we didn't draw last season were a win and a loss against Worcestershire.
    Yes, but I think it’s ominous that we’ve been hanging on for draws in our last two matches since early on day two - next up, top of the table Sussex on Friday.

Yes, but I think it’s ominous that we’ve been hanging on for draws in our last two matches since early on day two - next up, top of the table Sussex on Friday.
    We seem to be getting into a rescue act in second innings. Bonus point total is poor.

Yorkshire were averaging 5.5/over when they declared. This does expose how weak our bowling is which is why we can't get anywhere close to winning a game and have been relying.on certain batters to stave off defeats.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Good from these 2. Giving us a fighting chance of a draw. Looks like there could be rain from around 3 pm tomorrow aswell. The way Ingram and Hamza are playing, I bloody well hope that we see Ingram and Marnus lining up together. This Hamza looks an absolute donkey(hope he proves me wrong), Ingram has been fantastic.

I'd be asking the groundstaff at Sophia gardens to do everything they can to produce a turning pitch. Harris gets decent movement on grippy pitches, get prem in the side along with crane. Because this pace attack is toothless
    To be fair to him, he's certainly proving me wrong this session. Sussex 5 down, Glamorgan on top

Before a really annoying 8th wicket partnership. Typical glammy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    Before a really annoying 8th wicket partnership. Typical glammy
    Timely wicket. That was getting very frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Timely wicket. That was getting very frustrating
    Over 100 added already for last 3. And not done. So frustrating

I see Brendan McCullum flew over from New Zealand and played a round of golf with Jimmy Anderson, during which he told the man I think is rightly regarded as England’s best ever bowler that from the end of this season England are going to be looking to build a squad for the next Ashes tour when Anderson will be 43, it looks like his last test will be at Old Trafford in late August.

Glamorgan finished 21 in reply to Sussex’s 276 - that’s more than they looked like getting at one time, but not a bad day overall.

Glamorgan finished 21 in reply to Sussex’s 276 - that’s more than they looked like getting at one time, but not a bad day overall.
    No other county managed to take 10 wickets on day 1, so credit where credit's due. Can we take 10 more though?