Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
Can't remember the precise details, but there was a survey recently where youngsters were asked to name what they thought was the most boring sport and cricket came second I believe.

This survey of over 18s offered more bad news.

https://www.thecricketpaper.com/news...oring-as-golf/

You are so right about the decision to give the television coverage to subscription channels, but I think cricket would be in trouble even if it was on terrestrial television. Certainly, the best version of the game in my opinion, test cricket, has serious problems with truly competitive matches all but disappearing as encounters where you can tell who is going to win, almost always by a convincing margin, after just one day becoming the norm. I'm a snob when it comes to T20, but I've got to say that the two games in that format I saw on the telly over the weekend were far more exciting than any test match I've seen lately.

The authorities seem to think that shorter games will get the public interested and then they will get into the longer forms, but, looking at that survey, it's probably wishful thinking.

Glamorgan are 32-3 following on - I'll be surprised if this goes into a third day.

Edit 36-4 now.
Been saying for a long time that all these short games will kill test cricket in the end and to think they’ll start pushing t10 next and the Eccb pouring money in to the short game is sad to see they to start thinking how to get the younger generation in to test cricket asap